The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How have they not introduced the Darksaber yet?

The shape of it may not be as easy as it would appear to implement.

And they'll never release the black-yellow colour as that was a reward for pre-order of the game way back when.

While I won't speak for the shape, the Darksaber's color is black/white, not black yellow. Reference pic linked below:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/b3/DarksaberRender.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111102223010

Supposedly, black/white crystal schems were datamined recently, but aren't in the actual game yet; no idea if they're actually coming any time soon or not.

Edited by Elizar_Naki

The Darksaber

The Voidsaber.

The Excalibur of the Sith, etc.

Its purity in itself is the Black-White Crystal. (Black Core White) it has existed in the game since launch but the crystal was never released to players, Just last patch connected it to crafting schematics but the schematics are not learn able at this current time.

The design used on clone wars was intended to be more of a vibrosword design because they didn't want the mandalorians able to use a lightsaber without the force and made it feel strange.

The one from the Clone Wars? It was even referred to as an ancient Jedi lightsaber, you'd think a game marketing an ancient world of Star Wars would want to cash in on that.

I have always wondered about that myself. Such a blatant easter egg in that series, referring to events that take place just before this game, with a connection to a prominent character in this game (Shae Vizla) I can't for the life of me fathom why this hasn't been added into the game.

Of course, if they did it now...it would probably have a .01% drop rate, from a box, like the unstable lightsaber nightmare in the Anarchist Pack, so nobody would ever be able to get one anyways. /shrug

Is this like The Sword Of A Thousand Truths?

No, it's an ancient lightsaber that was featured in an episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, where Pre Vizla makes reference to his ancestor who stole the lightsaber from the Jedi Temple during the fall of the Old Republic. (Referencing the Sacking of Courscant)

No, it's an ancient lightsaber that was featured in an episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, where Pre Vizla makes reference to his ancestor who stole the lightsaber from the Jedi Temple during the fall of the Old Republic. (Referencing the Sacking of Courscant)

I would pay 50 dollars for that sword. Could've sworn it was in the original KOTOR in some fashion. Jet black vibrosword (anti-matter) with a white outline.

I almost dropped a brick when...

...Sabine in Rebels mentioned she was from clan Vizla. I only wish OR legends were alluded to in the more modern material.

Who knows, if Vizla's line and clan could survive three-thousand years, maybe there's a Shan somewhere out there as well.

Edited by ZanyaCross

• 4 months later...

I am also waiting for the day they release the darksaber, to complete my character (a Mandalorian non-force user with a penchant for exotic weaponry). I'm not big on the "saber classes" and partly because I don't like any of the current weapons/they don't fit my character.

I've tried substituting various lightsabers (too jedi/sith looking), notably the exposed one with the black/purple crystal, and vibroswords. The classic vibrosword I currently have is an improvement on the sabers but isn't quite awesome enough (compared to darksaber)

They need to get this in the game. I would pay big time. They also need to make the holster position on the back (like the swords, and like Vizsla has it in the clone wars) and give it the right "whistling" sound.

They had darksabers in Clone Wars Adventures, a much more basic MMO than SWTOR that shut down two years ago. I don't believe they would be struggling to model/implement. I just don't buy that.

Edited by ghescwa
Removed censored word