The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Character rename for 4.3

orangenkaiser

With the changes to the naming system coming in 4.3, any chance we could get a discount on the character rename tokens (something like 90cc like server transfer tokens), or even "x" amount of free tokens (nothing crazy, like 3-5), so people who want to rename their characters with the new system can do so?

With the changes to the naming system coming in 4.3, any chance we could get a discount on the character rename tokens (something like 90cc like server transfer tokens), or even "x" amount of free tokens (nothing crazy, like 3-5), so people who want to rename their characters with the new system can do so?

I was hoping for a free name change in fact. It will be a fair deal to have at least one free, since patch introduced a change.

While I see no real objection to this as really don't care what any of you call your characters. However would it really make such a big deal to change your character from *****-*** to ***** ***?

Used *****-*** because cannot use actual character names, so no it has not been edited. I put in the stars

Edited by DreadtechSavant

While I see no real objection to this as really don't care what any of you call your characters. However would it really make such a big deal to change your character from *****-*** to ***** ***?

Used *****-*** because cannot use actual character names, so no it has not been edited. I put in the stars

It's not like we care about your own characters' names either, actually.

Hey if they'd like to give us a free name change or two I'll take it but I'm not going to complain if they don't. If they change it in the CM for a much much lower price then I'd be tempted to pick some up, maybe 2 or 3 (if they're 90cc like the OP suggested) and the rest of my names can stay as they are. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Hey if they'd like to give us a free name change or two I'll take it but I'm not going to complain if they don't. If they change it in the CM for a much much lower price then I'd be tempted to pick some up, maybe 2 or 3 (if they're 90cc like the OP suggested) and the rest of my names can stay as they are.

Pretty much this for me. I might change 2 of the 25, but for the same reason listed by another poster, to give them a different surname.

I'd love it if they had a great sale on character renames with 4.3! Maybe make them really cheap (like, 70-90% off) as one of the weekly discounts the week that 4.3 launches. Undoubtedly, there will be some people that will rename certain characters if renames go on sale or not, but I bet a lot more people could go either way depending on the cost. As in, "it would be nice," not "I am definitely doing this!".

Character renames, on my server at least, have long been rather expensive on the GTN, and the prices have already gone up with the naming changes being announced. I always keep an eye out for CM sales on character renames, but it seems to be a very rarely discounted item. >.< I have one stashed away from that flash sale waaaay back (wish I'd bought more!), but I'd buy a load of them if they were cheap like that again.