The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about PT Tank in (team) ranked arenas

StarWarsLukas

Hello,

i play an powertech tank in pvp and mine gear looks as follows: tank setbonus, high endurance / dps mods, only (high) endurance / shield Enhancement, DPS relics, shield implants / earpiece.

Now thus I have approx. in 1500 power, 0 crit, in 6650 endurance, approx. 900 defence, 0 absorb and approx. in 1300-1400 shield. Is it right to neglect absorb, because one from heat blast 25% absorb blow agrees or not? and can I become with this gear tank-tunneled in (team) ranked? I use none defese mods because defence only "to white ones damage" absorbed and 90% in the pvp force / tech damage is. :)

Edited by StarWarsLukas

Hello,

i play an powertech tank in pvp and mine gear looks as follows: tank setbonus, high endurance / dps mods, only (high) endurance / shield Enhancement, DPS relics, shield implants / earpiece.

Now thus I have approx. in 1500 power, 0 crit, in 6650 endurance, approx. 900 defence, 0 absorb and approx. in 1300-1400 shield. Is it right to neglect absorb, because one from heat blast 25% absorb blow agrees or not? and can I become with this gear tank-tunneled in (team) ranked? I use none defese mods because defence only "to white ones damage" absorbed and 90% in the pvp force / tech damage is. :)

Mods....how many threads you need about PvP tanking to make ONE sticky?

• 2 weeks later...
an apex juggernaut (tank) said to me I should 2 crit 8 defense and 4 AP / endurance augments use as much endurance of no use because we become healed is all so right?

Is defense not useless in pvp now ? :eek:

It is broadly accepted that most of the dmg in pvp is force/tech instead of melee/ranged.

Having 101% accuracy by default in 4.0 sets def window even smaller.

Def curve also has low diminishing return. In regs especially with the abundance of i/e dmg is absolutely useless.

End/Pow for Regs

End/Pow/Shield for Arenas. For Jugg End/Pow too mb.

Edited by Aetideus