Recommendation where to spend Cartel Coins ?

Suplax

Sup guys , I've just started playing , got sub and bought 2400 cartel coins for anything I may like.

So after check the cartel market and the Collection tab , there is A LOT of cartel coin content and you're not even able to get it , because most of it's random , not to mention the old packs that are not available anymore and you need cubes.

Another problem is that you only unlock for 1 char , if you want to use your collection for other you have to pay again...

This is kind of a scam in my opinion.

I started my first char , got a anarchist pack just to see what i would get, and i got a nice vehicle , but when i tried to use the same vehicle for another char the collection tab demanded another 400 cartel coins ><" , pretty lame.

I mean IF you're a veteran and you buy cartel coin stuff from the begin your probably have a lost of stuff , but for newcomers like me it's kind hard to know what to do with the cartel coins.

So my question is , what exactly is the best thing to get with cartel coins ? Armors , weapons , vehicles ?

Thanks in advance guys.:)

I used my first 2400 coins to unlock a lot of the global legacy-wide unlocks such as Rocket Boost and the Legacy Travel cooldowns.

You could also buy one or two of the Blademaster sabers from the CM, then sell them after the cooldown is done. On my server the shoto sabers are going for 4 million credits so you can make some nice money there.

I'd also recommend the "Mercenary Contract: Treek" under the Misc tab. It may cost 2100 coins but you can then unlock the Mercenary Contract item through collections and be able to get Treek for all your characters.

Edited by DarkLordSato

I used my first 2400 coins to unlock a lot of the global legacy-wide unlocks such as Rocket Boost and the Legacy Travel cooldowns.

You could also buy one or two of the Blademaster sabers from the CM, then sell them after the cooldown is done. On my server the shoto sabers are going for 4 million credits so you can make some nice money there.

I'd also recommend the "Mercenary Contract: Treek" under the Misc tab. It may cost 2100 coins but you can then unlock the Mercenary Contract item through collections and be able to get Treek for all your characters.

Why would you recommend Treek? It's a companion, when a new player could use literally anything else instead. All the companions are the same in 4.0 aren't they?

Why would you recommend Treek? It's a companion, when a new player could use literally anything else instead. All the companions are the same in 4.0 aren't they?

Oh, I take it then you have not done any of the alerts in KotFE because after all no need all companions are the same.

Anyway OP, best use is for unlock account-wide items, but really its all cosmetic, so what items are important to you unlock as it affects no one else.

Consider some of the character perks as well, if you only play on one server. it gets costly if like me you play on all. still these are nice simple good gaming items. Such as the Rocket boost, Ship mailbox, GTN, Guild bank. Legacy travels.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

The important thing to remember is that everything in the Cartel Market is 100% cosmetic.

You don't NEED any of it.

Spend your coins on useful utility things.

Your highest priority should be to get Rocket Boost and reduce your quick travel cooldown.

Fleet pass is kinda iffy since you can use a stronghold (5k cr is the cheapest) to get to the fleet anytime you want.

Account-wide inventory and cargo bay unlocks are also very useful.

I, personally, wouldn't waste my money on Treek anymore.

In the past, she was the best thing ever.

Now that any companion can fill any role, not so much.

Now, beyond that once you find yourself with some spare coins, buy a cheap Cartel vehicle off the GTN and do an account unlock on it.

This will give every character you ever make a free vehicle.

If you can find some stray cantina codes floating around, you don't even have to do that.

I would also recommend doing this with a Cartel crystal or two depending on the classes you play.

If you don't care about color, just get whatever's cheapest and always have something to drop into a weapon.

Edited by Rankyn

As people earlier said, Legacy perks (especially the Rocket boosts I,II, and III and the Quick travel cooldowns), then account unlocks - artifact authorization, vault slots, inventory slots, all the stuff that make being a subscriber worthwhile. That way if there ever comes a time when money is short, or you grow tired of the game, you can unsub and still have most of the benefits.

Always use CC for unlocking account stuff that you'll use. If you want cosmetics stuff, save up and buy it on the GTN. (Unless you've already got all the unlocks, then just go nuts)

Here's my first recommendation - don't buy cartel coins. Put your referral link in your sig, post on the forums as normal, and you'll get tons of them for free!

But yeah - get the new packs. Those chance cubes will be all new to you. After the unlocks, that is.

Edited by TheSeventhJedi

As people earlier said, Legacy perks (especially the Rocket boosts I,II, and III and the Quick travel cooldowns), then account unlocks - artifact authorization, vault slots, inventory slots, all the stuff that make being a subscriber worthwhile. That way if there ever comes a time when money is short, or you grow tired of the game, you can unsub and still have most of the benefits.

Always use CC for unlocking account stuff that you'll use. If you want cosmetics stuff, save up and buy it on the GTN. (Unless you've already got all the unlocks, then just go nuts)

I am lucky that I was around when even account unlocks were cheap.

Like inventory module (account) only 150k each or artifact for only 470k!!! Server slots were like 100-200k each. I managed to buy account unlocks for everything except crew skills and quick slots.

If I were to buy all that now, even throught cartel coins it would be a pain.