State of deception PvP.

helpmewin

The difference since that burst nerf is not that great really deception did get all burst attacks nerfed as well as basic attack as well but its still a good burs class and you have ball lightning when itproc as will as your dischsrge which can beused three times strsight if using it build first then from phatrom stride andrecklessness and plus at 30% health ww have assasinate while our atacks between bursts isntgrewtwe have many stuns to control.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I would like to see a bit of a reduction in casting time for crushing darkness, or at least give us a boost to alacrity when we're in surging charge similar to what darkness gets with its accuracy boost when they are in dark charge. Because putting alacrity into our gear is so not worth the loss of DPS just so I can cast one ability faster. I would like to see a better or unique ability replace lightning seeing as it's short distance makes it useless, hell I can't even use it on a Jug when I knock him back. Finally, fix phantom stride so that it fricken works! Tired of trying to teleport to a target and getting nothing but speed buff because the dam terrain was a bit high or a pebble was in the way. Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Well I would like to see a bit of a reduction in casting time for crushing darkness, or at least give us a boost to alacrity when we're in surging charge similar to what darkness gets with its accuracy boost when they are in dark charge. Because putting alacrity into our gear is so not worth the loss of DPS just so I can cast one ability faster. I would like to see a better or unique ability replace lightning seeing as it's short distance makes it useless, hell I can't even use it on a Jug when I knock him back. Finally, fix phantom stride so that it fricken works! Tired of trying to teleport to a target and getting nothing but speed buff because the dam terrain was a bit high or a pebble was in the way.

The accuracy boost is not a Darkness thing: it was made so each tank class would no longer have to worry about their high threat moves being resisted/dodged and losing aggro simply because they can't afford to run accuracy at no fault of their own.

As for alacrity in our gear: it is absolutely not a DPS loss: it's a DPS increase. It just causes your abilities to not hit as much for a fractional speed increase that you can't really benefit from in a 30 second long fight. It's very frustrating to see so many people incorrectly categorize it as a DPS loss when it really only causes them deal less damage at a fractionally faster rate than which they lost that damage.

You can certainly use Force Lightning on a Juggernaut when you knock them back: it's just a terrible idea. Force Lightning is a bad ability for Assassins to use, and it's extra baggage from when you could have become a Sorcerer. That said, it's still situationally useful, you just can't use it at terrible times and expect it to be good (like when someone's speeding up to you to punch in your face). The same thing goes for Crushing Darkness, it's not a general use ability. You have all the time you need to use it when you hit a target with Electrocute, and another half-second to spare, even. No class should expect to be able to get a 2 second cast off without getting hit, why should we?

The only valid thing you say in this post is that you wish Phantom Stride worked. Because it really should.

The only valid thing you say in this post is that you wish Phantom Stride worked. Because it really should.

Considering a pebble can stop our "move through time and space" ability, yeah it needs to be fixed so that it's more like a leap.

The accuracy boost is not a Darkness thing: it was made so each tank class would no longer have to worry about their high threat moves being resisted/dodged and losing aggro simply because they can't afford to run accuracy at no fault of their own.

As for alacrity in our gear: it is absolutely not a DPS loss: it's a DPS increase. It just causes your abilities to not hit as much for a fractional speed increase that you can't really benefit from in a 30 second long fight. It's very frustrating to see so many people incorrectly categorize it as a DPS loss when it really only causes them deal less damage at a fractionally faster rate than which they lost that damage.

You can certainly use Force Lightning on a Juggernaut when you knock them back: it's just a terrible idea. Force Lightning is a bad ability for Assassins to use, and it's extra baggage from when you could have become a Sorcerer. That said, it's still situationally useful, you just can't use it at terrible times and expect it to be good (like when someone's speeding up to you to punch in your face). The same thing goes for Crushing Darkness, it's not a general use ability. You have all the time you need to use it when you hit a target with Electrocute, and another half-second to spare, even. No class should expect to be able to get a 2 second cast off without getting hit, why should we?

As for alacrity in our gear: it is absolutely not a DPS loss: it's a DPS increase. It just causes your abilities to not hit as much for a fractional speed increase that you can't really benefit from in a 30 second long fight you do realize you just contradicted yourself. Causing ones abilities to not hit for as much is a DPS loss it seems to me but i will have to look into it.

not sure you even read what i was saying about lightning to clarify when a jug leaps you can knock him back. Now knock back is a 15 meter ability a sin's lightning is a 10 meter ability so you have to wait for Jug to close 5 meters before you could even use it and your absolutely right its serves you no purpose to use it as things stand so at the very least give us the dam extra 5 meters which would allow me to hit anyone I knocked back and thus slow them giving me a dam reason to use the ability and making it a not so bad ability to use. Other wise it just sits on my bar collecting dust.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

As for alacrity in our gear: it is absolutely not a DPS loss: it's a DPS increase. It just causes your abilities to not hit as much for a fractional speed increase that you can't really benefit from in a 30 second long fight you do realize you just contradicted yourself. Causing ones abilities to not hit for as much is a DPS loss it seems to me but i will have to look into it.

not sure you even read what i was saying about lightning to clarify when a jug leaps you can knock him back. Now knock back is a 15 meter ability a sin's lightning is a 10 meter ability so you have to wait for Jug to close 5 meters before you could even use it and your absolutely right its serves you no purpose to use it as things stand so at the very least give us the dam extra 5 meters which would allow me to hit anyone I knocked back and thus slow them giving me a dam reason to use the ability and making it a not so bad ability to use. Other wise it just sits on my bar collecting dust.

So here's the thing. There are these things called "limits". If you make your time period go really small, you can use these "limits" to look at things on really small time scales. If you then sum up these "limit" things, you can see the results of complex changes happening on a small time scale with some pretty good accuracy.

So now if you trade an almost imperceptible loss in damage (I just didn't think it needed to be stated that losing 4% Surge out of 72% or so would be very noticeable, nor the ~2% crit out of almost 40%, inflated further by auto-crits) for a slightly more perceptible boost in attack speed (oh, roughly 3% or so), and you sum the result up over a series of a) lots of small fights or b) a long fight, you'll see that the damage you deal over time (literally damage per second) goes up as you trade critical for alacrity. It's actually really really simple, and you don't need calculus to look at it. It's actually some pretty easy algebra because it's not actually time-dependent.

Also, just because you can hit someone with Overload at 15 meters (because the measurement of distance in this game is SO ACCURATE) doesn't mean you automatically push them back to 15 meters. The actual distance you knock them back is really more like 4 meters (maybe 6?). So if you tried to knock back a Marauder as they leap to you, you'd probably end up with them within 10 meters of you, unless your reflexes and timing are really good. Besides, you can't knock back any Juggernaut (your specific example) worth their salt while they're leaping: Unstoppable is arguably the best utility in the Skillful tier, and I'd be surprised to hear people don't take it. If you had said Marauders, I could see you having a point, but you said Juggernauts pretty specifically.

Considering a pebble can stop our "move through time and space" ability, yeah it needs to be fixed so that it's more like a leap.

Phantom Stride is more a leap than a teleport. You just travel really fast toward your opponent. I wish it was more a teleport like Tyrans' though.

So here's the thing. There are these things called "limits". If you make your time period go really small, you can use these "limits" to look at things on really small time scales. If you then sum up these "limit" things, you can see the results of complex changes happening on a small time scale with some pretty good accuracy.

So now if you trade an almost imperceptible loss in damage (I just didn't think it needed to be stated that losing 4% Surge out of 72% or so would be very noticeable, nor the ~2% crit out of almost 40%, inflated further by auto-crits) for a slightly more perceptible boost in attack speed (oh, roughly 3% or so), and you sum the result up over a series of a) lots of small fights or b) a long fight, you'll see that the damage you deal over time (literally damage per second) goes up as you trade critical for alacrity. It's actually really really simple, and you don't need calculus to look at it. It's actually some pretty easy algebra because it's not actually time-dependent.

Also, just because you can hit someone with Overload at 15 meters (because the measurement of distance in this game is SO ACCURATE) doesn't mean you automatically push them back to 15 meters. The actual distance you knock them back is really more like 4 meters (maybe 6?). So if you tried to knock back a Marauder as they leap to you, you'd probably end up with them within 10 meters of you, unless your reflexes and timing are really good. Besides, you can't knock back any Juggernaut (your specific example) worth their salt while they're leaping: Unstoppable is arguably the best utility in the Skillful tier, and I'd be surprised to hear people don't take it. If you had said Marauders, I could see you having a point, but you said Juggernauts pretty specifically.

Well to be honest it very well could have been a mara , though I am sure i have encounter a Jug every now and then and when ever I used overload it knocks them back 15 meters and I have to wait till they close 5 meters before lightning will even become active.

As for Alacrity how much should one stack for PVP then?

Well to be honest it very well could have been a mara , though I am sure i have encounter a Jug every now and then and when ever I used overload it knocks them back 15 meters and I have to wait till they close 5 meters before lightning will even become active.

As for Alacrity how much should one stack for PVP then?

None. The fights are too short to really benefit from it much as opposed to getting lucky with some extra crit. Sure, you'll do less DPS not using the Alacrity, but the chance of getting some lucky crits and having some extra surge is worth it in such a short fight due to the very high variability of damage over the short fight.

None. The fights are too short to really benefit from it much as opposed to getting lucky with some extra crit. Sure, you'll do less DPS not using the Alacrity, but the chance of getting some lucky crits and having some extra surge is worth it in such a short fight due to the very high variability of damage over the short fight.

18k assassinate are brutal on a healer ^^ So yeah, alacrity does wonder in PVE because the fights last 5 to 8 minutes but since in PVP fights are shorter and you, as a deception sin, need to burst your opponent as fast as possible, you should stack power and crit.

18k assassinate are brutal on a healer ^^ So yeah, alacrity does wonder in PVE because the fights last 5 to 8 minutes but since in PVP fights are shorter and you, as a deception sin, need to burst your opponent as fast as possible, you should stack power and crit.

This makes sense to me...

While I agree with this assessment... I might trying adding some Alacrity into my gear to speed up the rotation.