Not going to buy the new pack if it is 80% Chance cube drop rate again.

Magnusheart

Some of the new packs picture goodies are on dulfy. Noticed the chance cube in the bottom left corner, unless they horribly nerfed its drop rate to where we can actually get stuff in the pack like we are trying, I'm gonna hold off and save up to binge on this HK Alliance pack I smell in the list.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there was no mention of things changing so I wouldn't touch the new packs if I were you.

Chalk it up to learning from your first mistake on the last pack and skip this one till BW says they changed how they work.

There not worth roughly $50 the way they are designed now thats for sure.

From observation, what they did was simply replace the bronze items with chance cubes. In other words... it was ~80% bronze items, ~15% Silver items, and ~5% gold items in the old packs. Now.. same split, just no bronze items.

AND.. the word from the player base is the Chance Cubes generally sell to other players for ~250-300K credits, meaning they are more valuable then the old assortment of bronze item drops.

Honestly, if you did not feel cheated with the old packs, you should not feel cheated with the new packs. I've even heard some players claim they got new items (including the Arbiter Sabers) from Chance Cubes too.

Personally, I don't see the packs being worth converting real money to CCs in order to purchase them. Lots of people never spend money on them and use their free CCs, but I still feel there are better ways to spend those coins IMO.

Edited by Andryah

AND.. the word from the player base is the Chance Cubes generally sell to other players for ~250-300K credits, meaning they are more valuable then the old assortment of bronze item drops.

Nerfplop. People were GIVING them away on my server.... No one I know is getting 300k, let alone 30k, per Chance Cube.

Not disagreeing with your overall point, but this statement simply is not true in my experience.

The best advice anybody can give or receive when it comes to these new packs is, "Wait (for feedback) before you buy".

I'd imagine most sensible people - barring the ones with no self-control whatsoever - will take a step back this time around and see how things go. Who knows? Maybe a general reluctance on the part of the player base to splurge on CM stuff will cause EA/BioWare to re-think their current policies.

But that's hoping for the best.

Nerfplop. People were GIVING them away on my server.... No one I know is getting 300k, let alone 30k, per Chance Cube.

Not disagreeing with your overall point, but this statement simply is not true in my experience.

Well, I watched the GTN for a moment on my server to see if any sold and what for, and in that time 3 of them sold for 300k. (EDIT: In the time it took me to write this post, 3 more were sold) Remember seeing several sell for 319k earlier as well, was considering selling one myself so I was watching the prices.

So, they are selling for 300k. Whether that's the price they'll stay at, who knows, but they are selling for 300k. With that in mind, giving them away for free is kinda silly. I wonder how many people accepted them and then flipped them for profit.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

The best advice anybody can give or receive when it comes to these new packs is, "Wait (for feedback) before you buy".

I'd imagine most sensible people - barring the ones with no self-control whatsoever - will take a step back this time around and see how things go. Who knows? Maybe a general reluctance on the part of the player base to splurge on CM stuff will cause EA/BioWare to re-think their current policies.

But that's hoping for the best.

Exactly. Nothing should be so rare that it is worth a guild flagship from a pack, because equally that is around 500$ or more in packs boughten.

Edited by Magnusheart

Just curious, with a new pack coming out, doesn't that make all the Gold items from the previous pack available via chance cubes now?

Since the Unstable saber had a .0000000000000001% drop rate from the previous pack, do you think the Chance Cubes in this new pack would have it and at a much better drop rate?

Wouldn't that be a hoot? All those people who paid up to 75 Million for the saber now see everyone running around with them because the new packs chance cubes have a much higher drop rate chance?

Lol love how you base that on like no facts what so ever.

I've sold tons on the GTN on harb for around the 300K mark - drop to 250K they'll be gone in hours.

Giving them away for free would be about the silliest protest someone could make - I'd take them then resell them and laugh all the way to the bank.

From observation, what they did was simply replace the bronze items with chance cubes. In other words... it was ~80% bronze items, ~15% Silver items, and ~5% gold items in the old packs. Now.. same split, just no bronze items.

Honestly, if you did not feel cheated with the old packs, you should not feel cheated with the new packs. I've even heard some players claim they got new items (including the Arbiter Sabers) from Chance Cubes too.

Personally, I don't see the packs being worth converting real money to CCs in order to purchase them. Lots of people never spend money on them and use their free CCs, but I still feel there are better ways to spend those coins IMO.

I got a single Arbiter saber from a cube yet funnily enough in about 20 crates I've not got one from the packs themselves ... go figure.

I would say the cube drop rate sits around 60% in the myriad of packs I've opened so less than what bronze was but then silver seems to have taken up the main difference in drop rate there and if gold has moved it's not much ( say 7% instead of 5% *shrug* - negligible ).

The smoke and mirrors there is the silver items are mostly old bronze quality anyway and due to the extra drop rate on silver now are valued about the same. There is very few silver items on harb right now worth over 100K - zakuul fountain, classic vibrosword ( non lightweight ), think a couple of the mounts ... most isn't worth a lot.

Exactly. Nothing should be so rare that it is worth a guild flagship from a pack, because equally that is around 500$ or more in packs boughten.

I flipped a revan reborn armour set from a chance cube for a couple mill more than I got for my arbiter saber ( 46 vs 42 ) - seems it's not the only thing going for a lot and inflation from slicing nodes could be helping to keep ultra rare item prices really high.

Just curious, with a new pack coming out, doesn't that make all the Gold items from the previous pack available via chance cubes now?

Since the Unstable saber had a .0000000000000001% drop rate from the previous pack, do you think the Chance Cubes in this new pack would have it and at a much better drop rate?

Wouldn't that be a hoot? All those people who paid up to 75 Million for the saber now see everyone running around with them because the new packs chance cubes have a much higher drop rate chance?

It's in the current cube - nothing will change in the supply form cube regard unless they change that drop rate there.

The items from the current pack, including the arbiters, already have a chance to drop from the chance cubes. But since you're not just rolling against the items in one pack with the GCCs but every CM item there is, I don't imagine your odds to get an arbiter that way improve much.

Edited by Nothing_Shines

I'm glad we're having this nice discussion, but I can't seem to find any reference to a new pack coming out, and that's doing a google search. Can someone post a link to the new cartel pack contents on Dulfy?

2nd link down on her main page for swtor. It's kinda mined data but since it's Dulfy it's apparently ok ;)

Yes, you should feel cheated. In the old packs, you were at least getting something new. Now they're literally mostly giving you old junk like those awful Socorro weapons! lol

Yes, you should feel cheated. In the old packs, you were at least getting something new. Now they're literally mostly giving you old junk like those awful Socorro weapons! lol

I've had more silver+ drops from cubes than I've had socorro weapons full stop from the cubes. Guess you've just got really bad luck.

2nd link down on her main page for swtor. It's kinda mined data but since it's Dulfy it's apparently ok ;)

Thanks.

While it might make me seem unpopular, I actually like how some of that stuff looks. A shame that I won't be able to get any of it for another year or two because of the useless dice packs.