Resolve

MarkMaximus

Resolve needs to be fixed. Too many classes able to do too many ccs and nothing done to resolve where as some classes only do 1 or 2 ccs and resolve is full immediately. Every cc, including roots, snares, and push backs should be counted towards full resolve. Should be any 2 of those to full resolve as full resolve doesn't work as it should being reset when another cc is used to just make this the same for every class.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resolve is fine. Slows and roots should not be ignored after a player hits full resolve since it doesn't count towards resolve in the first place. It makes it impossible to keep up with kiting players as a melee player when a healer is constantly at full resolve healing to full every 2 seconds. So a agree it needs fixing. Edited by chosonman

Resolve needs to be fixed. Too many classes able to do too many ccs and nothing done to resolve where as some classes only do 1 or 2 ccs and resolve is full immediately. Every cc, including roots, snares, and push backs should be counted towards full resolve. Should be any 2 of those to full resolve as full resolve doesn't work as it should being reset when another cc is used to just make this the same for every class.

If every root and slow counted towards resolve then ccs would be meaningless it would break the game. This is one of those suggestions that someone makes when they don't understand how the game works.

If every root and slow counted towards resolve then ccs would be meaningless it would break the game. This is one of those suggestions that someone makes when they don't understand how the game works.

Resolve is fine. Slows and roots should not be ignored after a player hits full resolve since it doesn't count towards resolve in the first place. It makes it impossible to keep up with kiting players as a melee player when a healer is constantly at full resolve healing to full every 2 seconds. So a agree it needs fixing.

/signed

Yes, make it easier for Sages to kite melee players.

That's what they need.

Uuhm sorcs also have roots and slows.

Point is that I Think combat is too slow and the amount of slows on the melee AND ranged side should be reduced, then we can adjust some escapes (PW) and reduce the lag

Edited by aristrokratie

Uuhm sorcs also have roots and slows.

Point is that I Think combat is too slow and the amount of slows on the melee AND ranged side should be reduced, then we can adjust some escapes (PW) and reduce the lag

Roots and slows is what keeps me sane in sorc heavy matches.

I don't see any way around it, unless you remove the ten thousand kiting tools every ranged spec has.

Roots and slows is what keeps me sane in sorc heavy matches.

I don't see any way around it, unless you remove the ten thousand kiting tools every ranged spec has.

READ MA POST!

Decrease slows and roots of melee AND ranged (kiting tools) and remove excess movement abilities (phasewalk for example

Jesus, you people. You can get stunned 2-3 times literally every 10 seconds or so and you're complaining that not only is resolve fine, but things should also take effect during resolve??? Might as well just get rid of resolve, people can be CC'd by as many stuns as people can manage to throw their way. Don't worry about being left out if you're already stunned, though! Anyone who gets hit by a stun while already in one can have the duration added to the end of their current stun so everyone can enjoy.

Anyone who can't see resolve is an absurdly broken mechanic is fooling themselves or just plain deluded.

Jesus, you people. You can get stunned 2-3 times literally every 10 seconds or so and you're complaining that not only is resolve fine, but things should also take effect during resolve??? Might as well just get rid of resolve, people can be CC'd by as many stuns as people can manage to throw their way. Don't worry about being left out if you're already stunned, though! Anyone who gets hit by a stun while already in one can have the duration added to the end of their current stun so everyone can enjoy.

Anyone who can't see resolve is an absurdly broken mechanic is fooling themselves or just plain deluded.

You just want to nerf opers, you monster :sul_smile:

I don't see a problem with the system other than the fact healers and anyone who is being healed to full constantly are at full resolve. The problem is slows and roots should be off the resolve system. Don't like being cc don't waste your cc break on soft stuns. There are only a handful of hard stuns in the game. Save it for then. And you should be using your root breaks for roots and slows.

So to summarize:

Hard stun : cc break or do nothing

Soft stun : do nothing

Root : root break or do nothing

Slow : do nothing or root break

Edited by chosonman

anyone who can't see that stuns, roots, and slows is the only reason a ranged has any chance against a melee is just fooling themselves or just plain deluded.

The reason I started this forum post is because all of my characters are being constantly stunned beyond full resolve and which resolve does nothing, nor does it reset to full while being bombarded by stuns, roots, or snares. If my healer can't get a single heal off due to being CCD for the entire time HP goes from 100% to 0% then there is something wrong there. That's not including being focused. That's also in arenas and in some fights where only a couple of toons are doing the CCS.

Anyone who can't see this game has too many of them is just fooling themselves or just plain deluded.

A little rude but on the point. Chopping it off on both sides wouldn't hurt, neither melee nor ranged. It would only make gamepley faster and more enjoyable. I also think that stacking stuns on a person should add full resolve, if they're uncoordinated and double stun me right away, why should they be given a second chance to lock 9 s NINE SECONDS?

They don't seem to get that even once you white bar someone they can STILL be slowed to the point that it might as well be a root. If you can't kill someone through 3 roots two stuns and a slow, you just were not going to get that kill to begin with. Absolutely no reason to add the ability for MORE cc just because people think since they're hitting something it should just die.

the problem is not resolve, the problem is that there are way to much stun, root, slow abilities and they have very low cooldowns.

What is the first thing anyone does when mara or op opens up on them? - STUN. Second after - knocbkack or root or slow.

If they made at least 1 minute cooldown on hard stun or better 2 minutes, then people would actually think before stunning, which would make the game more tactical.

Another problem is immediate stun after break. There should be a grace period for at least 1 gcd or better 2 seconds to do something after you break. I can't count the times I was jumped by several players and stunned, wanted to use breaker and vanish, but don't have enough time to vanish as I am immediately restunned and killed - this is beyond frustrating.

Edited by power-alex

the problem is not resolve, the problem is that there are way to much stun, root, slow abilities and they have very low cooldowns.

What is the first thing anyone does when mara or op opens up on them? - STUN. Second after - knocbkack or root or slow.

If they made at least 1 minute cooldown on hard stun or better 2 minutes, then people would actually think before stunning, which would make the game more tactical.

Another problem is immediate stun after break. There should be a grace period for at least 1 gcd or better 2 seconds to do something after you break. I can't count the times I was jumped by several players and stunned, wanted to use breaker and vanish, but don't have enough time to vanish as I am immediately restunned and killed - this is beyond frustrating.

Sins shadows and PTs could not function. You would break the game for them. My main is mara I don't see a problem.

Edited by chosonman