If you still haven't received email with cartel coins code, please post here.

Mutiny

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if boxes are not checked

Sorry but being opt'ed into the emails was a requirement for the coins. That's not a customer service issue. That's a "You didn't fulfill the requirements of the promotion" problem.

Edited by dr_mike

Hi there, posting again. STILL haven't gotten an email with the code in it. Thanks! :D

Already talked to help desk, they told me to post here and I'd get it in a few days. That was two weeks ago when I first post on this thread. :(

Brilliant move to use an advert mail for the coins and put those at the bottom with a link.

They never heard of fishing mails? I am not inclined to use links in mails.

Besides that. THEY KNOW WHO IS A SUB THAT HAS TO BE GRANTED COINS. WHY NOT SIMPLY ADD THEM TO THE ACCOUNT?

March 11 2016 none of these thank you coins for subs...Some have gotten them but have any of us original players who have been here since the nightmare began?

Last night on Hutta finishing off my lore there, i decided to check one of the many "black holes" and sure as a online tough guy being nothing but a sissy...I went through it...at least i didn't have to log out and wait till the game unloaded the toon. It just made me fall for a few seconds and spin like crazy then died. Next time i am on hutta i will remember to turn on my damn fraps.

A Black Hole is just bad geo data that lets you fall through and swtor has many of those. But most do not know what happen besides fell through the world...but it is bad coding.

Wows Burning Crusade had Black holes all over the place...But Blizzard fixed many of them pretty fast...not months or years but weeks...I could go explore some of those I remember i guess...Homework i guess.,

I guess when you have a competent staff and more then 2 or 3 things get done. But what do I know. I am stupid.

Len

Yeah day 20 something and yep you guessed it,,, still nothing,, Here is the funny thing I just got my monthly 500cc e-mail today but still no promo 1050cc code or anything :confused: Now this **** is getting funny as hell :rolleyes:

I mean now there is no point in being upset anymore I guess, I mean BW dug their own hole on this one :cool:

Does the 1,184 replies to this thread tell you anything BW :confused::rolleyes:

I guess not :rolleyes:

Edited by Legolose

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I apologize for the delay in responding to this thread as I wanted to ensure we had fully investigated the emails that we had sent. Here is what we have done up to this point. On 2/15 we sent an email which contained a code for both Cartel Coins, and a Chapter 1 trial. After sending this email we received reports of some folks had not received their email. To correct this, we did two things on 2/25. First, we resent the original email to all users who had received the email, but had never opened it. Two, we increased the grace period for the original cut-off by 10 days to ensure that we created a large buffer for those who qualified.

After investigating, we have confirmed that the email was sent to all users who qualified in and around that timeline (including the 10-day buffer). I realize, based on the volume of posts in this thread, that some of you still have not received that email. If this is the case then either the email was missed/deleted (I suspect all of you checked for this already) or our email was rejected by your email provider. I have seen some folks in this thread mention that they have been receiving the monthly Cartel Coin grant emails. Please know that those emails are sent from a different source than our newsletters. If you marked the newsletter as spam, etc. with your provider it is one of the possible reasons that you did not receive the email.

The sending of these promotional emails did conclude on 2/25. We do apologize for any confusion that was caused by this. In the future we will be more clear in communicating where, and when, this email will be sent.

-eric

Nothing yet

You might wanna look better then, they claim they have all been send, so if you were elligible, you should've gotten it.

Otherwise the yellow post could be considered a giant middlefinger to their player base.

BTW I did recieve mine :D

I never did get mine. Top it all off, my hubby got his, and wasn't interested in the coins so he gave me his code. I put the code in and it's invalid. haha Just when I thought it couldn't get any better ...it did! Edited by Mutiny

Hey folks,

I apologize for the delay in responding to this thread as I wanted to ensure we had fully investigated the emails that we had sent. Here is what we have done up to this point. On 2/15 we sent an email which contained a code for both Cartel Coins, and a Chapter 1 trial. After sending this email we received reports of some folks had not received their email. To correct this, we did two things on 2/25. First, we resent the original email to all users who had received the email, but had never opened it. Two, we increased the grace period for the original cut-off by 10 days to ensure that we created a large buffer for those who qualified.

After investigating, we have confirmed that the email was sent to all users who qualified in and around that timeline (including the 10-day buffer). I realize, based on the volume of posts in this thread, that some of you still have not received that email. If this is the case then either the email was missed/deleted (I suspect all of you checked for this already) or our email was rejected by your email provider. I have seen some folks in this thread mention that they have been receiving the monthly Cartel Coin grant emails. Please know that those emails are sent from a different source than our newsletters. If you marked the newsletter as spam, etc. with your provider it is one of the possible reasons that you did not receive the email.

The sending of these promotional emails did conclude on 2/25. We do apologize for any confusion that was caused by this. In the future we will be more clear in communicating where, and when, this email will be sent.

-eric

So In other words, we are S.O.L.?

Since I haven't got any promo emails since my account was activated on Dec. 16th 2015 and have been opted in on all 3 boxes since that date, I'm to assume I will never get any promo emails from you and any rewards you decide to put in said emails in the future. WONDERFUL! :mad:

I have 3 different addresses on my OK email list from SWTOR, so it isn't on my end. I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me. So we are all pretty much screwed. :mad:

Why I continue to pay a monthly sub to a company that doesn't respect me enough as a customer to do everything possible to fix situations like this. You could've just as easily granted the coins through in game mail like all the other rewards I've seen others get this way. Down right pathetic................ :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: By the way are you saying I should just change email providers from comcast to another one? Because obviously those that use hotmail, gmail, outlook, yahoo, msn, aol, and whatever else all got the email with the code? :confused: Right? :rolleyes:

Edited by skinsrich

-eric,

I am curious. Why don't you just disable all unused codes that were sent out, and then issue a new set of codes for anybody that has not already redeemed one?

It seems to me like that would be a better approach than trying to find out who was to blame for the first set of codes not making it to everyone that was on your list.

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric, I know you're busy as neither you or Tait followed up on that CS person who was making bigoted remarks to me but I'm going to call you on this. i can provide my email server logs showing that during the 2 runs, neither time was any connection made to deliver the email. Even if the IP address was blocked, it would still show up in the logs as an attempt that's blocked.

Since I know you never follow up on emails and CS is just bouncing these anyway, I'll just go ahead and file an arbitration on this.

Yeah it would be real easy to look at their CC log and see who received last month. My only recourse is to not purchase any more CCs. I got a few decos at good prices on the GTN yesterday so that is what I will continue to do. No more CC real money buys. Edited by Darkwords

Yeah it would be real easy to look at their CC log and see who received last month.

Be easier to look at the email server logs. That way the question of if they got sent the email, did it arrive, did it bounce or did we even send an email in the first place would be answered.

edit: This was important to me because I pay out a huge chunk of my income for doctors bills, meds and maintenance blood works. This would have been a huge plus for me.

Edited by dr_mike

I think this response sadly seals my opinion on the customer service aspect of this company and where I'll be going from here. Like many posters in this thread, I have a fair amount of experience with IT, but now I am expected to write a request to the Google company regarding a single missing e-mail that you insist has been sent and blocked by Google Gmail. Even if I could provide them with the evidence of sent logs from your servers, can you imagine the work that it would create if everyone who hasn't received their codes made such a request? By comparison to you re-sending the e-mail on mass via your 'normal' e-mail services (like the receipt for payment e-mails which I believe we all get), it just screams of passing the buck.

It's funny, I have received every other e-mail (at least I hope I have?) apart from these two, the two that are offering free in-game currency. In addition, my recently created ticket (closed with reply) informed me that I will have to wait a further 7 days or at the middle of the month (without guarantee) to receive my subscriber coins on a freshly purchased fixed subscription - I really wish I hadn't have bothered now.

It's a shame that I was told via telephone that the only way to resolve the missing subscriber reward issue was to post here in this thread (linked to me in the closing of one of the tickets), which required a renewal of my subscription, only now to read between the lines that we'll likely never see any positive resolution.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I do hope for a more positive resolution than the reply currently provided.

Edit: So the only way we can attempt recovery with Google Gmail is to request from the original sender the Message Headers of the sent (non-received) e-mail in .txt format. At this point, one could then seek further assistance from Google.

Edited by Ssinrrigg