Returning romance companions... *spoilers*

OneBigJackass

Alright, pretty much found absolutely nothing on the content of my question, but kept finding results about the letters instead. I am aware that any and all companions leave you when you begin 'KoTFE', but I know some of them are able to be reunited as well. I believe Mako and Kira, for starters. I am also aware that you have new romance options for your character.

Now, say.... When you DO find an old romance companion, is it possible to reignite the romance between them, or is it forever locked out? I mean, does it basically just force you to stay as 'ex-significant others', or do you eventually develop the option to be in a romantic relationship with them again.

I've heard from some places you can get Kira to love you again, but I've only found sparse posts on here where people never really followed up with a confirmation or denial of it. So... What's the verdict? I'm mainly curious about Mako, since I plan on taking my Bounty Hunter through the 'KoTFE' expansion, so I'm just curious if it's possible to romance her again if you find her. I'm not for sure, though, if Mako comes back, but SOME places have said so. Figure best place to ask -- Mainly curious about Mako, and if you're able to find her again or if you're able to get her again, and if so, what point over the expansion? I've heard some people say that they missed the prompts for it, and when they go back to said 'terminal', they are locked out for it entirely. Is it something blatantly obvious I'll notice, or is it something I REALLY need to pay attention for?

Also, is Jaesa returning, or is she 'MIA' for the most part in the expansion, or at least what's been released so far? Found literally nothing on that. Has she already returned, or is it up in the air? Or has it been confirmed she will, but not for sometime/confirmed that she won't at all? I'd appreciate it if I could get some clarification on any of this. I've literally spent awhile for the past week trying to find something, but aside from vague posts or sources that don't have any 'follow-up' on that someone else has bothered to confirm or deny, I have literally come up with nothing beyond just speculation or bogus claims.

Edited by OneBigJackass

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only know how it worked with Kaliyo because she's the only one out yet. The agent can re-ignite the romance, yes. A great big hairy confirmation box comes up when you get to a certain point in her chapter.

Anyone else, I just don't know. kaliyo may be a special case because there's no possible way I can imagine that every romance companion will have an entire chapter devoted to them like Kaliyo did. Otherwise they would have had to name the expac Nights of the Returning Love Interests, or something.

Good luck to you, getting the ones you want back, and soon. And good luck to me. I think most people just want to kill the companion I'm most looking forward to reuniting with.

As mentioned above, the only love interest who has returned thus far is Kaliyo, with Aric Jorgan scheduled for next chapter. It seems BioWare is going with one old romanceable companion returning per installment, possibly accompanied by one of the non-romanceable ones, and you'll have the option to either go back to them or break it off. I can't talk about datamined info on the forums here, so can't say much about Mako, Kira or Jaesa beyond that there's no official news.

I would suspect that only the major romances, that might be considered canon, will make a comeback. Which means Kaliyo, Kira, Vette, Quinn, Jorgan, and Mako. These companions are the ones that had a major part throughout the entire story. Edited by cool-dude

I would suspect that only the major romances, that might be considered canon, will make a comeback. Which means Kaliyo, Kira, Vette, Quinn, Jorgan, and Mako. These companions are the ones that had a major part throughout the entire story.

You mean, the ones with external with-the-player missions? No, that can't be it, coz you have Quinn in there. And logically, on the "major role" thing, also Ashara for the SI, Jaesa for the SW (how many places do you go when chasing her, anyway?)

Conclusion: we don't really have any way, except what they tell us, to tell in advance what's coming.

we don't really have any way, except what they tell us, to tell in advance what's coming.

Well, this is Bioware, so they are going to choose their favorites or the most popular when it comes to romances, because including them all is a waste of resources on their end. Just from what I have seen, the most popular are Vette, Kira, Kaliyo, Jorgan, and Quinn; it would not surprise me if everyone else was retconned.

just take Bioware's previous titles as examples. In Mass Effect, Liara became the favorite of the series, and her romance got an entire dlc, and had the most thought put into it. In Dragon Age: Inquisition, Solas and Cassandra had the most cinematic romances in the entire game. So, taking that into consideration, you can have a pretty good guess who will return in SWTOR. So far, I stand correct, but we will see.

Edited by cool-dude

I was curious about Torian coming back. I have a female Bounty Hunter and he is her romance. I have searched and haven't found much about his return. I have mostly found the letters like the OP mentioned. I was wanting to know if anyone has gotten him back and is their love rekindled?

I was curious about Torian coming back. I have a female Bounty Hunter and he is her romance. I have searched and haven't found much about his return. I have mostly found the letters like the OP mentioned. I was wanting to know if anyone has gotten him back and is their love rekindled?

Nobody has gotten him back, the companions return either as plot-important characters (like Kalyo or SCORPIO) or as recruitment quests for the Alliance (Blizz, Qyzen etc.). We know that at some point we are going to find out what the Mandalorian clans are up to in regards to the conflict with Zakuul, so it's likely he'll be back for that. You should be able to rekindle your romance.

Nobody has gotten him back, the companions return either as plot-important characters (like Kalyo or SCORPIO) or as recruitment quests for the Alliance (Blizz, Qyzen etc.). We know that at some point we are going to find out what the Mandalorian clans are up to in regards to the conflict with Zakuul, so it's likely he'll be back for that. You should be able to rekindle your romance.

Thank you for answering. I will be impatiently waiting to know about the Mandalorians! Hopefully he will be back :)

It looks like you can continue romances with old companions, but not start one.

I say this because my IA who didn't romance Kaliyo before KOTFE was unable to even flirt with her during chapter X. My trooper on the other hand could flirt with her, but not lock in the romance.

It looks like you can continue romances with old companions, but not start one.

I say this because my IA who didn't romance Kaliyo before KOTFE was unable to even flirt with her during chapter X. My trooper on the other hand could flirt with her, but not lock in the romance.

Good info, interesting, thanks for posting this.

I'm assuming they're bringing back all the pre-KOTFE romances some time down the line. I know there will be quiite a light show from my Inquisitor if she doesn't get her pirate back. But considering Steve Blum does probably a third of the voice overs in this game, I think she's in the clear.;)

So, if my female Jedi Consular didn't started a romance with Felix Iresso she is free to start a relationship with a KOTFE companion without consequences?

That's the theory. I'm waiting with a little nervousness to see what will happen with my troopergirl who snogged Shoulder Boy on Yavin IV and shacked up with Blondie, er, Miss Beniko on Odessen, when her husband of five years previously comes back in Chapter XI. Maybe I'll crank my slinger through X so I can see the story in XI before seeing what happens to an unfaithful lover...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5131140/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

So, how does this work? This is the list of cast and crew for kotfe and it definitely doesn't have a couple of very specific voices on it that I was expecting to see there. Does this page get updated as more of the expansion is released, or am I to assume that this is really it?

This cannot really be the full list, can it?

Ps while I was digging around imdb I found some show with both the male agent and Quinn in it from 2015. Would love to see that, how cute? :D

Edited by grania

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5131140/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

So, how does this work? This is the list of cast and crew for kotfe and it definitely doesn't have a couple of very specific voices on it that I was expecting to see there. Does this page get updated as more of the expansion is released, or am I to assume that this is really it?

This cannot really be the full list, can it?

Ps while I was digging around imdb I found some show with both the male agent and Quinn in it from 2015. Would love to see that, how cute? :D

Interesting link. It is missing more than half of all companions though, so I hope the list isn't a complete one. Glad to see Corso on there, but I'm really waiting for Scourge, Vector and Quinn as first priority, and maybe secondly Kira, Elara and Mako. My female knight, agent, and warrior, are avoiding KORFE until more of their fave companions return, as are my male trooper and bounty hunter. My poor main, my smuggler, still hasn't seen hide nor hair of her old crew. I'm glad Gus is on the horizon. I'd like to see Akaavi come back too.

Ugh. I just wish the devs would hurry up with all this. It pains me to be without my main companions for so long.

I suppose the missing names could be easily explained since presumably kotfe is still a work in progress. It was alarming though, not seeing any of the names I wanted to see.

Best case scenario is that those characters will be introduced far, far.. in the future of kotfe. Worst case scenario is many are never coming back. :(

I suppose the missing names could be easily explained since presumably kotfe is still a work in progress. It was alarming though, not seeing any of the names I wanted to see.

Best case scenario is that those characters will be introduced far, far.. in the future of kotfe. Worst case scenario is many are never coming back. :(

Some of those female voice actresses though...damn

Some of those female voice actresses though...damn

Yeah, some cuties. But I don't care about that! I want Quinn and Vector to come back, sometime this decade.

You know what might be fun? Trying to make your character actually look like the actor that does their voice. I'd have to make my warrior blonde, and that would be so weird.

Yeah the more I think about it the less I worry about the missing names on imdb. Should probably just go by whether our companions spoke in the first cutscene on the ship and/or if they sent a letter and maybe what the content? of the letter was.

Have you Akaavi fans seen the actress interview on youtube? She's beautiful.