The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How Do I Uninstall This Game?

Warlord_Maliken

Hey guys ive decided this game is grossly outdated and unplayable even with the barren wasteland that is the PC gaming market. I'm having issues figuring out how to UNINSTALL this game. Help?

I right-click the game on my desktop and 'open file location' to see if I can find an "uninstall" option. There is no such thing. I don't understand.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Assuming some recent-ish version of Windows:

Start -> Programs and Features -> Click on "Star Wars: The Old Republic" -> Click on Uninstall

And if that does not work you can always just delete the folder where it is located. The game is self-contained and therefore all elements reside in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic or wherever you installed it.

And if that does not work you can always just delete the folder where it is located. The game is self-contained and therefore all elements reside in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic or wherever you installed it.

Well there are some hidden files that contain your set-up and toons, elsewhere.

Well there are some hidden files that contain your set-up and toons, elsewhere.

Those are in C:/Users/*username*/AppData/Local/SWTOR, if you use the default path for installing Windows. *username* is the Windows account you installed SWTOR under.

And you'll be left with dead registry entries but a good registry cleaner can find and remove those as well, if you are technically intimidated by regedit. Just remove SWTOR's entries though, don't remove others because sometimes they remove entries you need and break stuff so you have to buy other software from them.