Simple PvP change that would balance things nicely...

TX_Angel

A change to this has already been made once, it can be made further, it would fix a lot of the nonsense hopping and jumping in PvP...

In PvE, it doesn't matter what direction your toon is facing, if you attack an enemy, you "auto turn" to face and attack.

In PvP, it does matter what direction your toon is facing. You don't auto-turn to attack. It used to be a smaller "front" window in PvP, they recently changed it to be "wider" so that you didn't have to be facing quite so "front" to have it work.

But what you really have is these bloody ninja bunnies bouncing all over the place using turn, run, nonsense that doesn't lend itself well to the engine or play style of SWTOR.

It would be understandable for a FPS, but not for this game. I suspect it also turns a lot of new PvPers off considering they can't play the same way they have been playing as they level up.

What works in PvE should work in PvP.

---

TL;DR: If this is a game of gear/stats/levels, then make it so. Your agility with the keyboard and "hopping" should not be part of it. Your ability to "hit the target" isn't based on reflexes, it is based on stats, so make it that way in PvP as well. This is not a FPS.

=TX_Angel;8815416

TL;DR: If this is a game of gear/stats/levels, then make it so. Your agility with the keyboard and "hopping" should not be part of it. Your ability to "hit the target" isn't based on reflexes, it is based on stats, so make it that way in PvP as well. This is not a FPS.

There has been versions of this in all MMOs that involve PVP, and yes... I still have nightmares about "Jumpers" in POTCO... the devs never fixed it, and it was MUCH worse in that game. Only way to beat them was to join them sadly, I advise to fight fire with fire, as you know at a scale of 1-10 of importance for the devs, PVP is at a -8, so going to have to take things in your own hands.

---

In WoW there is something worse. The PvP'ers that actually move by just jumping. And what sucks is that they are usually very good players.

I appreciate new ideas for PVP but don't agree with that one OP. I prefer movement allowing skill to be applied for advantage. It's still pretty minimal with TOR so think it's in the "reasonable" territory. If bunny hopping mattered I'd have thrown this game in the trash next to old CS and some others.

Mouse turning and strafing are easy enough for anyone to do competitively that's not working with a physical or other disability. Really the only movement things I do and see that are unusual (but shouldn't be) and for good advantage are NoSc0pe360 Overloads and tight Scrapper mouse turning/strafing.

Edited by Joesixxpack

it's not that important Op..you can do fine without jumping and dancing, same goes for killing them.

the only difference they create is towards keyboard turners and who targets by clicking on screen, followed by backpedallers, and they deserve their time passed at respawn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.