What is going on with the forums?

EJedi

Have you tried just loggin in? Since 2011 the forum auto logout me after a while of inactivity. So if I come back and try make a reply or a thread it says I'm logged out and do not have permission or whatever to reply on the forums. Maybe since the Swtor.com were down 1 week ago it somehow reset for you and now you are stuck with what I have. Just a guess, maybe it's different for you.

Have you tried just loggin in? Since 2011 the forum auto logout me after a while of inactivity. So if I come back and try make a reply or a thread it says I'm logged out and do not have permission or whatever to reply on the forums. Maybe since the Swtor.com were down 1 week ago it somehow reset for you and now you are stuck with what I have. Just a guess, maybe it's different for you.

I can literally do only ONE forum action before it logs me out. I have to keep a separate window open on the main login page just so I can log in with that before clicking a button on the forums. If I try to log in first, then click to make a post, it logs me out before I can click submit.

Again, like I said, I can't log in when it tells me to log in. If I click the "log in" button on the error page, it takes me to my fully-logged-in profile where I can even make changes to my credit card information.

Edited by EJedi

I've had that login to post message when I'm already logged in for a while. It only happens for me when I use Chrome and I can post fine from Firefox so I'm assuming there is some incompatibility there. Given I only ever see this problem on this website I'm guessing the problem is not with Chrome.

I've had that login to post message when I'm already logged in for a while. It only happens for me when I use Chrome and I can post fine from Firefox so I'm assuming there is some incompatibility there. Given I only ever see this problem on this website I'm guessing the problem is not with Chrome.

I've tried Firefox and IE. Both fail. It's not my system.

Two things randomly happening again today:

1) the "new posts" arrows are messed up, showing already-read posts from hours ago as the "new post".

2) occasionally getting a "sorry, Max_Killjoy, you can't post because you're not a logged in member" message when I try to open a thread (think about it... I'm not trying to post, and if I'm not logged in, how does it know my username?)

Testing the log out / login again in a separate tab theory... (I am seeing this problem with firefox. I tried deleting history / cookies / etc. and it didn't seem to help. I haven't tried a different browser yet.)

It's doing this in Chrome too; exact same symptoms. And no, clearing history, etc doesn't change it.

It's doing this in Chrome too; exact same symptoms. And no, clearing history, etc doesn't change it.

I've tried this as well. Firefox and Chrome. Manually logging out and back in. When it tells me I'm not logged in, and I click the Log in button, it takes me to MySWTOR and I'm logged in. I can click all of the links at the top for each section of the website, but when I click Community, it logs me out.

I was able to post this only because I right clicked to open in a new tab while logged in.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

I've tried this as well. Firefox and Chrome. Manually logging out and back in. When it tells me I'm not logged in, and I click the Log in button, it takes me to MySWTOR and I'm logged in. I can click all of the links at the top for each section of the website, but when I click Community, it logs me out.

I was able to post this only because I right clicked to open in a new tab while logged in.

Took logging in, logging out, logging in to be able to reply to this. We'll see how long it holds. And you're right, same thing; click community and I'm no longer logged in. Feels like database issues...same with the older version of the threads that keeps loading and disappearing on reload.

Yeah i had some problems with it too lol if its not just a website problem or browser problem, there are some things that have worked for me in the past:

1) Edit your security questions and save, logout, then log in

2) Simply log out then log in

3) When logging in do NOT press enter, rather CLICK the submit button with your mouse.

3.5) patience... xD

It keeps telling me I'm not logged in.

SWTOR on Chrome is being super buggy for me and telling me either a) I'm not logged in or b) I'm not subscribed and therefore can not post.

I haven't tried with Firefox yet, but I've been successful in my attempt to post via the Palemoon browser.

Couldn't log in with Firefox today. Tried with Edge and had no problems. Tried logging in with Firefox and instead of pressing enter I clicked log in after filling the fields. Seems to work that way. Don't know if it was that clicking or Edge but that's really weird. Has been happening for 6 months or so.

Couldn't log in with Firefox today. Tried with Edge and had no problems. Tried logging in with Firefox and instead of pressing enter I clicked log in after filling the fields. Seems to work that way. Don't know if it was that clicking or Edge but that's really weird. Has been happening for 6 months or so.

Yeah, the clicking vs. enter seems to work a lot. Chrome is fine for me now but earlier...lol it was ouchie