The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

AP - Retractable Blade Low levels

Lokrir

I started with a IO Merc so bare with me. Im trying to figure out the ideal rotation, im level 16 atm, but it feels very odd. In comparison to the Merc, i kinda had a simple rotation that left everything dead with each one of my skills being used once.

On my PT AP im not sure the ideal start of a fight or rotation my skills. Obviously i keep my retractable blade up and refreshed, and keep my rail shot going. But i feel like im missing something, in comparison to the Merc, i feel like im just standing in the center of a group of enemies. and the only reason im standing there is cause i needed to stab 1 enemy. Is it even worth using Retractable at low levels?

I wanted to try powertech cause i read it was very mobile and fun to play. what am i missing? Should i go Shield tech or pyro? I didnt want to go pyro, as i already have my io merc.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

I started with a IO Merc so bare with me. Im trying to figure out the ideal rotation, im level 16 atm, but it feels very odd. In comparison to the Merc, i kinda had a simple rotation that left everything dead with each one of my skills being used once.

On my PT AP im not sure the ideal start of a fight or rotation my skills. Obviously i keep my retractable blade up and refreshed, and keep my rail shot going. But i feel like im missing something, in comparison to the Merc, i feel like im just standing in the center of a group of enemies. and the only reason im standing there is cause i needed to stab 1 enemy. Is it even worth using Retractable at low levels?

I wanted to try powertech cause i read it was very mobile and fun to play. what am i missing? Should i go Shield tech or pyro? I didnt want to go pyro, as i already have my io merc.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

All 3 specs are fun, and pyro is nothing like IO. Only common ability is the incendiary rocket.

All 3 specs are fun, and pyro is nothing like IO. Only common ability is the incendiary rocket.

Hell, thanks to the Rail Shot reset, AP ends up playing more like IO than tactics does.

Though, Rocket Punch is significantly better than Magnetic Blast (the primary filler for AP) so you aren't standing in the group solely for Retractable Blade.