What happened to Ctrl+Left click gear preview option for companions?

ApocalypseGRIZZ

What happened to Ctrl+Left click gear preview visuals option for companions?

When previewing gear with Ctrl+left mouse click I use to be able to use the arrow to cycle through the companions so I could see what the visuals of a piece of gear looked like on them. This option is now gone and its very frustrating especially for seeing what something looks like on a companion thats the opposite gender. Is this a bug or was this an intended change?

Hmm, just tested this and indeed something weird is going on. I know for sure that we used to be able to ctrl+left click an outfit and then flip through all our companions to see what it looked like on them, but now I can only do that with the one companion I have out at the time. I tried going onto my ship to see if that changed it and I couldn't preview an item on any companion at all there. (Can't recall if it has always been this way though?) I'm guessing this is something new with the latest patch. I don't understand why they would remove features that didn't harm anything by being there.

Been this way since 4.0 launched. I figure it's because the new companions can't be customized in any way, so scrolling through them in some way broke the system, so they just took it out.

It was a nice convenience, and I really wish they could have found a way to make it continue to work. It struck me as kind of lazy just to remove it.

Yep, since they made all the brand new companions clones, they didn't want to hear from people about how stupid they looked with armor sets clipping through their permanent gear, so they stealth removed the crew preview feature. And now that you can't preview for any companion aboard ship, that makes the ship a little less useful as a hangout, so go get a stronghold and fill it with useless decos from packs.

In addition, the button to show the weapon doesn't work for companions either.

What I find annoying about this and many other "stealth changes" is that they are exactly that, "stealth changes". Each one of them deserves a mention in the release notes or the known issues thread. Gives me the feeling that Bioware (or one or more employee) isn't proud of the work they are doing on SWTOR.

Edited by b-morgan

In addition, the button to show the weapon doesn't work for companions either.

What I find annoying about this and many other "stealth changes" is that they are exactly that, "stealth changes". Each one of them deserves a mention in the release notes or the known issues thread. Gives me the feeling that Bioware (or one or more employee) isn't proud of the work they are doing on SWTOR.

Yep I agree this should of been listed someplace as a known issue or change. Yesterday I started a Female Councilor and when I finished Tython I got the choose an outfit for Qyzen. I had to go to TOR Fashion website to see what they looked like so I could choose one. This is very inconvenient I should not have to go to a website to see something for visuals that was around for years. If this is somehow linked to the new KOTFE Alliance companions having unchangeable outfits just change it. I mean who was to be stuck with cookie cutter looks on companions with everyone running around with the exact same looking companions at endgame. Even if the Alliance comps don't get given this ability to change outfits it really sucks but not being able to preview gear on the class comps. Bioware this needs to be addressed and fixed!

Small workaround is to apply a Companion customization (there's a section in collections with them all) - the Wardrobe preview switches to that character, then you can apply the customization again to remove it and see your companion. It's not ideal, but it works.

Small workaround is to apply a Companion customization (there's a section in collections with them all) - the Wardrobe preview switches to that character, then you can apply the customization again to remove it and see your companion. It's not ideal, but it works.

Wow thanks that sure does work. It isn't the most convenient thing but is does work thanks again.

Been this way since 4.0 launched. I figure it's because the new companions can't be customized in any way, so scrolling through them in some way broke the system, so they just took it out.

It was a nice convenience, and I really wish they could have found a way to make it continue to work. It struck me as kind of lazy just to remove it.

This.