The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is that the way it is?

Trickyboy

Spent $40 on cartel coins. Bought Anarchist hypercrate. Unlock all 30 to get 1 mount, 3 of the same weapons, 2 of the same pets, Mixture of armour (no complete set) 3 crystals and 35 grand chance cubes. Of the cubes I get no weapons, no mounts 1 complete armour set (elegant dress) and an assortment of emotes, titles, furniture and pets.

When i bought the Strategy Alliance pack, I unlocked 32% of the items. On this one I unlocked 4%.

Good luck ever getting me to spent more than my monthly subscription again.

Says a lot about the people complaining, and it's all the same thing. "I didn't get what I wanted!". Which is the same with every pack that comes out. Doesn't matter what they put in the packs, it's the same griping and complaining every time that "I spent X dollars, and I didn't get exactly what I wanted out of this pack, therefore it's a ripoff and I want my money back!" and other similarly-worded complaints.

Working as intended folks, always has been, always will be.

what sucks is how the forums are full to the brim on complaints about the cartel market and yet they dont seem to do anything about it except make it worse... says a lot about how much they really care about their costumers

Money talks. As long as there are whales willing to spend $500 on these crates they will keep making the good stuff harder and harder to get to encourage more buying.

Money talks. As long as there are whales willing to spend $500 on these crates they will keep making the good stuff harder and harder to get to encourage more buying.

i play TCG's, i understand making rare items(cards) harder to get, but even in magic or yugioh or any other game with a random chance have a better "drop rate" than the cartel market from what ive seen and experienced, sure they want to encourage more money for them, but by lowering the drop rates to a ridiculous low is ****ed up and it almost feels like a money grab with zero reward for the players. i have more chance from 3 booster packs(about $20 plus tax) to get a mythic rare card with awesome abilites than getting the rare awesome items from cartel market packs. i know its a farfetched comparison considering that tcg and mmo not the same, but its for perspective on what people keep complaining about. sure it sounds like they are ************ and whinning, but when you think about it, everyone seems to have the same complaint, and its like my father always said, if one person complains about something, thats just an entitled ***** being loud, but when a community complains about the same thing, thats when you pay attention. of course he was talking about government lol, but i believe it somewhat applies to a certain extent here.

Welcome to the club. I stopped buying chance packs in 2013. In fact, that whole experience with that has made sure I never spent any real money on the CM again. Like I keep saying...short term gain, long term loss. Chance items are risky business.

Spent $40 on cartel coins. Bought Anarchist hypercrate. Unlock all 30 to get 1 mount, 3 of the same weapons, 2 of the same pets, Mixture of armour (no complete set) 3 crystals and 35 grand chance cubes. Of the cubes I get no weapons, no mounts 1 complete armour set (elegant dress) and an assortment of emotes, titles, furniture and pets.

When i bought the Strategy Alliance pack, I unlocked 32% of the items. On this one I unlocked 4%.

Good luck ever getting me to spent more than my monthly subscription again.

One thing to remember. You can't compare the Strategy to the Anarchist due to the fact that Strategy had a series of bronze items in the pack and Anarchist doesn't.

So, go throw out all bronze items from Strategy and only count up the silver and gold items and then the silver and gold items you have to get your percent.

That's how to compare them unfortunately.

All those Grand Chance Cubes were the bronze items from Strategy.

i play TCG's, i understand making rare items(cards) harder to get, but even in magic or yugioh or any other game with a random chance have a better "drop rate" than the cartel market from what ive seen and experienced, sure they want to encourage more money for them, but by lowering the drop rates to a ridiculous low is ****ed up and it almost feels like a money grab with zero reward for the players. i have more chance from 3 booster packs(about $20 plus tax) to get a mythic rare card with awesome abilites than getting the rare awesome items from cartel market packs. i know its a farfetched comparison considering that tcg and mmo not the same, but its for perspective on what people keep complaining about. sure it sounds like they are ************ and whinning, but when you think about it, everyone seems to have the same complaint, and its like my father always said, if one person complains about something, thats just an entitled ***** being loud, but when a community complains about the same thing, thats when you pay attention. of course he was talking about government lol, but i believe it somewhat applies to a certain extent here.

And honestly, it doesn't have to be that way. I'd bet money (hahaha, me funny) that 90% of Hearthstone's players spend way less than $20 to $50 a month on that game, because they make it feel like you got something even for a $5 purchase, like you got something of value for that buy.

Here? People here spend $50 on a hypercrate and feel like they didn't get anything of value. This is just a terrible business practice and I can't imagine Bioware is going along with it willingly. It reeks of EA wanting to squeeze the last drops of blood out of a dwindling playerbase before they pull the plug, which is why I'm worried this game isn't long for this world after KotFE finishes.

Yeah its simple psychology...

A) Low spend + Good reward = Dilutes how good the reward is

B) Big spend + Good reward = More spending

C) Big spend + No reward = Extinction (the elimination of a behavior, in this case spending). Even rats with levers work this out.

So since were sat at C, and im smarter than a rat... i wont be spending another dollar on coins until we're back at B.

I mean i could literally buy a bunch of games off steam for the price of 1 hyper crate that has a 80% chance of giving me NOTHING good.

OR i could buy 5 mil off some gold seller and actually GET what i pay for.

Funny when the game owners are the ones running the fraud and the gold sellers are the honest ones. Only in EA lol

Edited by Corsin

They should just make every item available to buy in a single purchase. Some people might be willing to drop thousands of CC on a mount or other item they really want but won't gamble any CC on a pack because they will probably end up with stuff they don't want or already have.