The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Money Grab

gsquaredncnp

I almost never post on the forums for anything. I don't expect much from this game and haven't since launch. I PVP and that's it; however, one thing I do enjoy is customizing my character, which is why the new anarchist pack (and a few other packs) interested me. After the latest round of disappointments with these packs, I'm done spending my money on them and Bioware owes its customers money after this latest, and most blatant, money grab ever.

Yes, Bioware, this was a money grab. 30 packs in and I got doubles of crap items and these wonderful little items called "Golden Chance Cubes" that dominated the vast majority of my packs. They look fun, but in practice, they awarded me absolute crap. Old gear that's worthless, doubles of worthless pets, etc. If they are "golden" then should award gold level items. Needless to say this was your attempt at stuffing the packs full of junk so that the most diehard fans would buy more.

My question is this: Are you intentionally trying to screw with your loyal fanbase even more than you already have? No, seriously, a customer service rep should answer this for us because if you're not sticking it in our rear ends, then you are urging us to go and buy credits from farmers so we can just purchase the items off the GTN. $40 worth of credits would net us the item we want plus some left over.

I've been reading threads of a great number of unhappy customers and one thing I can say is this: You owe us an explanation at least and some form of compensation at best otherwise you will have a lot of customers thinking twice the next time they buy cartel coins.

Edited by gsquaredncnp

I almost never post on the forums for anything. I don't expect much from this game and haven't since launch. I PVP and that's it; however, one thing I do enjoy is customizing my character, which is why the new anarchist pack (and a few other packs) interested me. After the latest round of disappointments with these packs, I'm done spending my money on them and Bioware owes its customers money after this latest, and most blatant, money grab ever.

Yes, Bioware, this was a money grab. 30 packs in and I got doubles of crap items and these wonderful little items called "Golden Chance Cubes" that dominated the vast majority of my packs. They look fun, but in practice, they awarded me absolute crap. Old gear that's worthless, doubles of worthless pets, etc. If they are "golden" then should award gold level items. Needless to say this was your attempt at stuffing the packs full of junk so that the most diehard fans would buy more.

My question is this: Are you intentionally trying to screw with your loyal fanbase even more than you already have? No, seriously, a customer service rep should answer this for us because if you're not sticking it in our rear ends, then you are urging us to go and buy credits from farmers so we can just purchase the items off the GTN. $40 worth of credits would net us the item we want plus some left over.

I've been reading threads of a great number of unhappy customers and one thing I can say is this: You owe us an explanation at least and some form of compensation at best otherwise you will have a lot of customers thinking twice the next time they buy cartel coins.

I ESPECIALLY loved the Livestream notes stating something along the lines of "people are loving the new stuff in the Anarchist Pack" (paraphrasing) when everything I have seen in terms of feedback, has been bitter and not at all flattering towards Bioware/EA's business practice.

I honestly believe Bioware is completely and totally disconnected from what people think, what people want, and the overall perception of their game. The plod forward blindly, doing what they want, because they have adopted the "ignore the forums at all costs" mentality for quite some time.

I am seriously thinking of spamming WTB (with real cash) the items of the pack.

Calculating, it will cost me way way less money. Then spamming the cubes, and I only want the stupid vibrosword.

I not sure what BW is doing, but they seem hell bent in offending everyone.

Maybe they are thinking that offending the majority is ok, because they just need a minority that is willing to burn through hundreds of cartes to get what they want.

So maybe BW is going F the standard 5~50 crate losers, they rather cater and squish the big buyers.