Game doesn't start after patch 4.1a

AronIcke

For those that get to the "Play" button, click it, and end up back on your desktop with the game closing down, try what I did - as I was having the same problem once the patch was updated and the server issue resolved.

I opened the launcher again and when asked for my password, I used all lower case. When it finally came back and said it was the wrong password, I input it again the correct way and when I got to hit the "Play" button again, it finally opened the client - though I'll admit it almost looked like it wasn't going to. It was slow in opening it compared to usual.

Seriously? I think it's great that you can get in, but seriously? These are the types of things we have to try to get the game to launch? Should we stand on tiptoes and twirl around three times widdershins?

Or maybe ... just maybe the game can work? I don't know. Crazy idea?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bitraider Client also closes out from Task Manager. Since Bitraider is necessary for the game to run if you have not disabled/deleted it, maybe this is an area to look at.

I would love to disable/delete bit raider. how is that done?

I currently have "Quick Play Mode" available.

"While you play, the game continues to download. If you finish the starting planet before it completes, you may start another character and play one of the other 7 class stories. When the download completes, you can access the entire game.

99.94%

It's been stuck there for hours and hours now.

For those that get to the "Play" button, click it, and end up back on your desktop with the game closing down, try what I did - as I was having the same problem once the patch was updated and the server issue resolved.

I opened the launcher again and when asked for my password, I used all lower case. When it finally came back and said it was the wrong password, I input it again the correct way and when I got to hit the "Play" button again, it finally opened the client - though I'll admit it almost looked like it wasn't going to. It was slow in opening it compared to usual.

OH MY GAWD. This actually worked for me.

I made up a password and left the security key blank. It came back that the info was incorrect. I input the correct information, it initialized, and then took the normal amount of time to launch. I'm now in game.

Thank you for this suggestion. I hope it helps others.

OH MY GAWD. This actually worked for me.

I made up a password and left the security key blank. It came back that the info was incorrect. I input the correct information, it initialized, and then took the normal amount of time to launch. I'm now in game.

Thank you for this suggestion. I hope it helps others.

LOL now it even wont aknowledge my wrong password. it is just loading and loading and loading....

OK what is this ****?

The game just closing down all the time.

Nothing works. I have only 18 days left and you guys are wasting my payd premiumtime.

It would not be that dramatic, when the Premiumtime was based on the times you are actualy playing the game .

But this here is robery, plain and simple.

I've been having nothing but issues since patching the game.

Firstly I was unable to log on to certain characters. Would allow me to select them, but then when it went to the loading screen it would crash to desktop.

After deleting the BitRaider file as per a suggestion and having to wait for hours for the game to reinstall itself, the launcher window now crashes or fails to initiate.

So frustrating....