Unstable Arbiters Lightsaber/Staff

StarkHelsing

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting those sabers on CM is a good idea.

Even if BW will price them at 5000 CC, people will still buy them.

And im pretty sure that MANY people, who never bought CC before will buy them now, in order to get those sabers.

Just look at the situation like this.

We have 2 shops.

Both selling this awsome... sandwich.

And here you are. Hungry customer come in to the first shop to taste this AWSOME sandwich. You pay 20 coins and get... salad??

You are like - wth??? You buy another one and get... chips??!!! And sailman tells you - Bad luck, mate! It's a gamble! Try next time :cool:

Of course you could eat salad and chips... But... You want a SANDWICH!!!!

And the other shop is sell AWSOME sandwiches directly. Without ANY gamble. But at fair price of 50 coins.

Pricy... But sandwich is HERE. It's ALL YOURS!!!

Which shop will you prefer? Which shop will have maximum profit?

Putting those sabers on CM is a good idea.

Even if BW will price them at 5000 CC, people will still buy them.

And im pretty sure that MANY people, who never bought CC before will buy them now, in order to get those sabers.

Just look at the situation like this.

We have 2 shops.

Both selling this awsome... sandwich.

And here you are. Hungry customer come in to the first shop to taste this AWSOME sandwich. You pay 20 coins and get... salad??

You are like - wth??? You buy another one and get... chips??!!! And sailman tells you - Bad luck, mate! It's a gamble! Try next time :cool:

Of course you could eat salad and chips... But... You want a SANDWICH!!!!

And the other shop is sell AWSOME sandwiches directly. Without ANY gamble. But at fair price of 50 coins.

Pricy... But sandwich is HERE. It's ALL YOURS!!!

Which shop will you prefer? Which shop will have maximum profit?

Good analogy - apart from the part where there is only one shop, and the owner is getting begged by a few homeless people to open another store that will make less money cause they don't want a chance of a salad.

If there are some people buying 20 meals to try and get a sandwich (that they are going to sell to the people who really want one anyway for a ridiculous price anyway) then why would he open another shop?

Edited by CrazyCT

Oh, and pricing the sabers at 5000cc would be a really stooopid move, since that's cheaper than the hypercrate that has a 0.1% chance of dropping the saber you want.

Quick bit of maths - 1000*5400=5,400,000 - Bioware are charging for about 5 and a half million cc per saber which would be around £25,000 ($35,000 or €32,000). If they want to put it on the cartel market for that price, I'd be more than happy to let them.

EDIT: K, my maths was wrong in this, forgot to take into account that a hypercrate has 30 packs, not 1 - works out at around £785 ($1100)

Edited by CrazyCT

Good analogy - apart from the part where there is only one shop, and the owner is getting begged by a few homeless people to open another store that will make less money cause they don't want a chance of a salad.

If there are some people buying 20 meals to try and get a sandwich (that they are going to sell to the people who really want one anyway for a ridiculous price anyway) then why would he open another shop?

Yes, baby darling, i get it. You love BW style.

But tell me one thing...

How many people stopped to buy CP in a desperate attempt to get those sabers?

I can say for sure - me and my friends. You know why? Becouse after we bought a few Hypercrates (each of us) ,we realized, that this is a pure scum.

You may call it "gamble" or "marketing" whatever.

But bad reputation is never lead to large amount of costumers.

And this pack is DEFINATLY have a bad reputation of scum.

Yes, baby darling, i get it. You love BW style.

But tell me one thing...

How many people stopped to buy CP in a desperate attempt to get those sabers?

I can say for sure - me and my friends. You know why? Becouse after we bought a few Hypercrates (each of us) ,we realized, that this is a pure scum.

You may call it "gamble" or "marketing" whatever.

But bad reputation is never lead to large amount of costumers.

And this pack is DEFINATLY have a bad reputation of scum.

But you still bought a few? Sounds like the marketing team are doing their job well. Maybe they should give them a raise.

Thanks god for low drop rate! Finally You have what to do with credits!

And there's no thousand of Kylo Clones \o/

Yeah getting pissed off customers that wont buy cartel coins or packs after this....great win.

I have no problem about stuff beeing rare but this is just stupid as hell and there is nothing that even comes close to this from any pack that are out.

Yeah getting pissed off customers that wont buy cartel coins or packs after this....great win.

I have no problem about stuff beeing rare but this is just stupid as hell and there is nothing that even comes close to this from any pack that are out.

Don't kid yourself - plenty of things over the years have been as rare as this. Revan's mask was a nightmare to try and get a hold of. And on the main page right now there's a thread about the rarity of Akk Dogs.

Edited by CrazyCT

Don't kid yourself - plenty of things over the years have been as rare as this. Revan's mask was a nightmare to try and get a hold of. And on the main page right now there's a thread about the rarity of Akk Dogs.

Revans mask wasnt this rare when that pack came out. Remember the lower price on that helm was like 3 mil on my server at the time and it was like 2 pages on the gtn with it. Now you have like 3-4 lightsabers on the gtn at most and the lower price are around 50mil.

I'm not surprised about the Akk Dog. It's pack is no longer in circulation. Revan's mask? Same deal since they removed the cartel certificates.

For a pack that is in circulation currently with people actively purchasing packs and still a horrendously low number of the sabers. It's just... what gives? Are people unlocking the sabers? Not selling them? This is the first time i've seen an item such as this be so rare. The other gold items are up for sale in abundance... so what gives? A mixture of rarity and high demand most likely.

I'm not surprised about the Akk Dog. It's pack is no longer in circulation. Revan's mask? Same deal since they removed the cartel certificates.

For a pack that is in circulation currently with people actively purchasing packs and still a horrendously low number of the sabers. It's just... what gives? Are people unlocking the sabers? Not selling them? This is the first time i've seen an item such as this be so rare. The other gold items are up for sale in abundance... so what gives? A mixture of rarity and high demand most likely.

Rarity and demand sounds about right. I've opened 20 crates and not managed to get either the single or double saber as a drop from the pack itself - I got one single saber from the chance cubes funnily enough.

Am I mad? No way, the chance cubes more than make up for me getting some of the credits I'm spending back if not come out on top in the long run ( providing BW stop this chance cube experiment which im about 75% they will due to the effect it has on the in game economy though it does seem to be bouncing back ).

I've also got numerous of the other golds with many that will sell for an easy 10 mill+ a while after the pack embargoes ( rancor, spa might get there, konasyr will and the warbot may follow the aak dog trend - not sure what the drop rate was like on the aak dog as I skipped those packs ).

I would say this is probably the rarest drop I've ever seen in a CM pack and probably serves as another BW experiment - almost like they tried to hide the rage people have of not getting thwe saber behind the chance cube. Thus next pack they remove the chance cube and can again put in an item with a super low drop rate like this before people realise the cubes had nothing to do with the saber availability ( if anything they helped it ).

You can still get anything from the CM market through chance cubes, which people are buying tons of now

Not everything from the packs has been made available for direct purchase. There have only been a few items from packs that have been made available for direct sale, and those items were more expensive than the packs.

IF, and that is a big IF, they put that lightsaber up for direct sale, I would expect the cost to be around 5000 CC's given the demand for it.

If the price is coming down, then wait a few more days and buy it for credits.

no way. it will be at the most 1k. ever weapon / saber/rifle every weapon they have ever put has never been more then 1500 , but its freaking cruel though what they are doing. its not even kylo ren's saber. its just got the unstable type red innate blade. and that's why everyone wants it, including myself, i spend over 10 mil on cartel packs. and spend 30 bucks on cartel coins and got NOTHING, i got 2 speeders that are OK. 3 or 4 tech blades. like 2 sets of skotia armor. and a lot of companion gifts i got NOTHING rare at all. and i opened a lot of packs

no way. it will be at the most 1k. ever weapon / saber/rifle every weapon they have ever put has never been more then 1500 , but its freaking cruel though what they are doing. its not even kylo ren's saber. its just got the unstable type red innate blade. and that's why everyone wants it, including myself, i spend over 10 mil on cartel packs. and spend 30 bucks on cartel coins and got NOTHING, i got 2 speeders that are OK. 3 or 4 tech blades. like 2 sets of skotia armor. and a lot of companion gifts i got NOTHING rare at all. and i opened a lot of packs

I'll refer you again to my (admittedly pretty basic) maths - There is a roughly 0.1% drop on the saber from packs. This translates to about 1 saber from every 1000 packs. If the packs are selling at 30 for 5400cc, that means there are around 180,000cc sold for every saber (double checking on calculator). To put it on the Cartel Market for 1000cc as you suggest would mean Bioware sell [maths] times less cc.

In real terms, it costs about £785 ($1100) per saber - they aren't going to release it on the market for £5-10.

Edited by CrazyCT

In real terms, it costs about £785 ($1100) per saber - they aren't going to release it on the market for £5-10.

LOL that is just so damn stupid. It just feel like they f*cked up but dont dare to say so and just let it be.

So im not gonna buy cartel coins ever again after this, really whats the point if they gonna keep stuff this rare =/

I'll refer you again to my (admittedly pretty basic) maths - There is a roughly 0.1% drop on the saber from packs. This translates to about 1 saber from every 1000 packs. If the packs are selling at 30 for 5400cc, that means there are around 180,000cc sold for every saber (double checking on calculator). To put it on the Cartel Market for 1000cc as you suggest would mean Bioware sell [maths] times less cc.

Unless they include the saber in every pack in the future, by March 8 they will stop making anything since the pack will be retired.

Unless they include the saber in every pack in the future, by March 8 they will stop making anything since the pack will be retired.

Technically, they have included the saber in all future packs. The chance cube draws from every pack, embargoed or not. A lot of people who have gotten the sabers (dual and single) have reported that they got it out of the chance cube. So low drop rate in the chance cube or not, there's still a possibility of it dropping so long as the chance cube remains.

While people might not buy tons of crates hoping to get the saber from the chance cube, there will be those who still do. And the chance cubes will likely continue to go for 250k+ on the GTN which means people will continue buying the crates to sell the cubes.

Technically, they have included the saber in all future packs. The chance cube draws from every pack, embargoed or not. A lot of people who have gotten the sabers (dual and single) have reported that they got it out of the chance cube. So low drop rate in the chance cube or not, there's still a possibility of it dropping so long as the chance cube remains.

While people might not buy tons of crates hoping to get the saber from the chance cube, there will be those who still do. And the chance cubes will likely continue to go for 250k+ on the GTN which means people will continue buying the crates to sell the cubes.

I wouldn't put too much faith into what people claim, as long as people think they can get valuable items from the chance cubes people will buy them from the gtn, so it would benefit would be sellers to lie.

Chance cubes seem to have a miraculously good chance to drop rare items, actually judging from claims they drop rare items more often than semi rare items.

Besides if we were to believe the claims, we should be looking at how many items from the previous pack drop from chance cubes since those would be the best indicator of how likely it would be to get a saber from the next pack.

I wouldn't put too much faith into what people claim, as long as people think they can get valuable items from the chance cubes people will buy them from the gtn, so it would benefit would be sellers to lie.

Chance cubes seem to have a miraculously good chance to drop rare items, actually judging from claims they drop rare items more often than semi rare items.

Besides if we were to believe the claims, we should be looking at how many items from the previous pack drop from chance cubes since those would be the best indicator of how likely it would be to get a saber from the next pack.

That's true. I know I got mine directly from the pack itself, not from a chance cube. Beyond that, I can't say other than I've seen people posting that they got their saber from the cube, not from the pack. Of course they turned around and sold it too, so who's to say that it wasn't just to get people to buy more of the cubes they had up for sale. (I kept mine, even paid the unlock fee).

I'll be honest, I can only remember offhand two gold drops I got from the cube and I have no idea how rare they were or how much they were going for. Both were mounts and I kept them for myself, so, who knows.

When the next pack drops it will be the same odds it is now + adding in the new items from that pack.

I've opened so many chance cubes now I've got a good feel for how I believe they are designed too.

Also, the Grand Chance Cube acts as a Grand Pack in that if you open an Armor Lootbox, it will contain the entire armor set, not just a few pieces.

I found quite misleading.

They have removed all the previous armour crates, which there were an abundance of more than any other item in a pack, and replaced them with full set which means that's a lot of "armour" drops removed ( which is why we see so many dyes/crystals/toys/emotes dominate the drops instead of armour now ).

Whilst what I've quoted is indeed correct it stands to reason people thought it meant where we would have previously got an armour crate it would now be upgraded to a full set but maybe that's just my interpretation.

Another point:

Although we can’t go into details on specific drop rates, Silver and Gold items will be much more common in the Grand Chance Cube than they were in previous Bronze and Grand Packs.

Is simply not true. I opened tons of the previous bronze packs also and can say they seemed to have much better silver and gold drop rates than these chance cubes have ... there is certainly no "much more common" in these cubes so that was false advertising for a start.

I also wonder how the whole drop rate works in that if it's 2 rolls or 1. I believe for them to control the drop rates of silver/gold in the cubes there must be 2 rolls . First roll dictates if you get a gold/silver/bronze and the second roll dictates what item you get from that pool.

All in all though ... still better than the bronze crap we got before.

That's true. I know I got mine directly from the pack itself, not from a chance cube. Beyond that, I can't say other than I've seen people posting that they got their saber from the cube, not from the pack. Of course they turned around and sold it too, so who's to say that it wasn't just to get people to buy more of the cubes they had up for sale. (I kept mine, even paid the unlock fee).

I'll be honest, I can only remember offhand two gold drops I got from the cube and I have no idea how rare they were or how much they were going for. Both were mounts and I kept them for myself, so, who knows.

Go through my post history and you'll find where I posted about mine dropping from a cube - I put up fairly decent evidence to show it came from a cube though no doubt I could have faked that but meh ... what would be the point on the forums.

Edit:

It does make mthink though ... the drop rate from a cube might not be that much worse than it is from the pack itself.

Now we don't know any numbers and I can't check collections from work to count how many gold items there are but ...

Let's assume a 1 in 20 drop rate for A gold item from a cube ( 5% ). From that you then get even odds of getting ANY gold item in the game. How many gold items are there in the game? My point is they may not have set a 1 in 1000 chance drop rate ( assumed drop rate people believe for the new pack ) of getting the saber from the cube - it most likely shares the same chance as every other gold item in the game of appearing for your gold drop from your cube which is why they've popped up a few times.

Basically I doubt it's roll a gold item then you have a .1% chance of rolling the saber from there as it is with the current pack. The odds probably aren't as astronomical of dropping from a cube as I would have first thought.

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ