New slicing nodes are overpowered!

Kulyok

I gathered a few slicing nodes yesterday at Zakuul. They were free for grabbing - nobody really was there to compete; maybe because I was on instance 16 with only 10 other players, I don't know.

They're WAY overpowered. One node gives you two (!) containers, each of which has ~3.5 k inside. That's way more than you get from NPCs (~200 credits each) - and those are real live credits; you don't have to sell anything on GTN, you already get the cash.

I think that's too much, and that bots and scripted credit spammers are going to have a field day with this. Please, please, scale this stuff down.

I gathered a few slicing nodes yesterday at Zakuul. They were free for grabbing - nobody really was there to compete; maybe because I was on instance 16 with only 10 other players, I don't know.

They're WAY overpowered. One node gives you two (!) containers, each of which has ~3.5 k inside. That's way more than you get from NPCs (~200 credits each) - and those are real live credits; you don't have to sell anything on GTN, you already get the cash.

I think that's too much, and that bots and scripted credit spammers are going to have a field day with this. Please, please, scale this stuff down.

thats too much? I've gottten 5k plus from slicing nodes on Yavin don't you start complaining about 3.5k dammit we don;t need a nerf to an already nerfed gathering skill.

Agreed. The large boost to slicing nodes will cause even faster inflation. Bots will saturate the economy with credits and the price of everything will go up even more. No one benefits from more money faucets. Heroics are bad enough as is. Edited by Acrimonus

I agree, You can make easy credits doing weekly HC missions, this will only promote more hackers/bots.

Agreed. The large boost to slicing nodes will cause even faster inflation. Bots will saturate the economy with credits and the price of everything will go up even more. No one benefits from more money faucets. Heroics are bad enough as is.

I'm going to assume you are referring to credit sellers and their bots. If that is the case then those credits wont really saturate the economy. First someone has to buy those credits, and lets face it, that is not happening much these days, which is why credit sellers are selling at cut-rate prices. Two, the purchaser is not injecting all those credits into the economy unless he/she spends all their credits on the GTN. Otherwise those credits sit in peoples banks unused, or are spent on credit sinks in game, essentially they don't exist anymore for the economy until used on the GTN.

It would take massive amounts of credits to have any sort of impact on pricing. Think treasure chest runs and the deco loot exploits for examples of what was required to affect the economy on a large scale.

Edited by Holocron

I think they are fine, people are always saying something is going to ruin the economy but there are so many easy way to get credits in this game it's not going to affect anything. Not to mention selling cartel market items and other GNT stuff is the way to make the most/fast credits. Plus please don't ask for a nerf as they always go way overboard and make "insert skill here" complete useless. Edited by TheSeer