$60 for a Jetpack, a droid and 1.5 hours worth of content.

SavingPrincess

Money do not grow on trees nor get out of our butts, yes?

And every client have the right to express insatisfaction with market/expectations/real-produt equation.

Also, listening to the public is way to develop better products.

Last, this is a General chat.

Funny that the OP is complaining about free items is the actual complaint here and the thread got derailed.

The problem here is that the OP is complaining about paying for the free stuff when they didn't pay for it. They paid for a subscription. The free stuff is extra.

Yeah, there's a lot of things screwed up right now. Lots of bugs. Lots of legitimate things to complain about. Don't whine because you paid a sub and don't like the freebies that come with it as a reward for being subscribed on certain days. That's not a legitimate complaint. If there were bugs with those free items, then complaining about them would be justified.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Money do not grow on trees nor get out of our butts, yes?

And every client have the right to express insatisfaction with market/expectations/real-produt equation.

Also, listening to the public is way to develop better products.

Last, this is a General chat.

There isn't a company in the world that bothers to even read threads like these outside of a hired forum grunt.

There isn't a company in the world that is dumb enough to think that the small group of forum goers, mostly trolls, represents even a significant part of their customer base.

Its funny to read the QQ on patch days though, has been for my last 15yrs of MMO gaming.

Edited by LrdScorpio

I'm sorry, but anyone who is ripping on this guy is off base. The value of what you get with your subscription has really fallen off. This is due to focusing on single player content that is not repeatable. Value is something that has kept this game interesting for myself and many other veterans who have been around, paying subscriptions and buying Cartel Coins, since launch or close to it.

Here's what I mean. In this patch, you got:

1. 1 hour of story content
  2. 2 companions (Blizz and HK-55) with roughly 30 minutes of content between the two
  3. A vanity item
  4. Adding KOTFE, you got roughly 2-3 hours of story content and 1 heroic mission

Depending on how often you repeat this content, you get more or less value. If you do it once, you've paid $60 for 1.5 hours of content, or $40 per hour. If you do it twice, you've paid $20 per hour of content, etc. This content is really only worth doing once or twice (once on a main and once on an Agent). The first portion of KOTFE maybe makes sense because you are leveling, but once you hit 65, you'll probably stop doing these stories.

An Operation gives you much more repeatable content. Single player story mode quests, with a pretty lame story, doesn't get repeated often. An Operation can give you 4-5 hours of content per week (story mode, hard mode, and progression if applicable to you) for as long as you want to run it. This is roughly $3 to $4 per hour of entertainment, if this one operation is the only thing you do each week.

Taking even SoR, if you played that, you got:

• A story quest to solo
  • Two operations
  • One daily area (repeatable solo content)
  • Two world bosses
  • Two datacrons
  • Two flashpoints

As flawed as that expansion was, it gave you a decent amount of stuff to do.

If you are a subscriber, you have paid for all of the content in game. At launch, I paid something like $69.99 for the game. I have paid roughly $15 a month since plus money into the CM and money for expansions. If you are a veteran, you are paying under the condition that new content will be released and you are giving them money under the understanding that they will re-invest in the game.

Edited by TralyanSavo