The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

My Hypercrate Loot and Grand Chance Cube Review.

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To sell,

To sell? You would rather get items that are worth less than what we get from the cube to sell? That makes all of no sense what so ever.

to give to a friend who bought a hypercrate but didn't quite get that last 1/3 Armor Box they were missing and thus saving them credits because you're being helpful.

Pretty sure you can do that with the items from the cubes. In fact I would wager you will find a much larger portion of friends who will be afteritems from the cubes they've missed out on in the past than the usual cheap bronze duplicate items. Of course that depends on how many friends you have ... you may very well only a few select few who like you have got everything they want ( and don't want to spend 50K getting the bronze items from current packs heh ).

Just because you see it as unlikely doesn't make it so.

Yet it's not a unique reason making these duplicates useful over the cubes ... what is the unique reason that makes duplicates better than cubes? There must be something surely?

Why would people prefer duplicates? Because it's new.

People want duplicates of items they like ( that they can get unlimited copies of via collections ) because it's new? What utter nonsense. I mean I would and do understand that people want the first copy of a new item they don't have because it's new but not duplicates ... they cease being new to them ideally once they already have a copy ( and ability to unlock unlimited copies if they like it ).

Just because you don't see value in it beyond how much you can sell it for on the GTN doesn't mean it isn't there.

So you personally would prefer getting say multiple copies of say lower Outlander Observer’s crates or lower Outlander Guerilla’s crates from the previous pack ( to name just a couple ) than any of the items you got from the cubes simply because those items were new and the cube items were not?

It's not really worth assuming other people want duplicate items, you can only speak for you - so far no one has said they want duplicates either - just they want new items and just like want the new lightsaber to drop in every pack too I'm sure given the choice.

And for your last bit, that's the point. Instead of that cube it could have been something new from that specifically, the whole reason people like me buy new packs for to get the new items.

Something new from what specifically? Items they have yet to create or the silver/gold items? It's ludicrous to assume they would give away silver/gold for every drop if that's your implication.

I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand.

Oh I get it and you do get new items, just less of them. It was a trade off vs the amount of duplicate junk people got before and personally I see it as a positive trade off.

Question though ... given the choice would you prefer this pack was ...

A) Exactly as the strategy alliance pack was before.

B) Have cubes in it as it is now with at least one guaranteed new drop for every pack and a 60% chance of a cube for the second drop ( yielding roughly 18/60 cubes per pack ).

To sell? You would rather get items that are worth less than what we get from the cube to sell? That makes all of no sense what so ever.

Pretty sure you can do that with the items from the cubes. In fact I would wager you will find a much larger portion of friends who will be afteritems from the cubes they've missed out on in the past than the usual cheap bronze duplicate items. Of course that depends on how many friends you have ... you may very well only a few select few who like you have got everything they want ( and don't want to spend 50K getting the bronze items from current packs heh ).

Yet it's not a unique reason making these duplicates useful over the cubes ... what is the unique reason that makes duplicates better than cubes? There must be something surely?

People want duplicates of items they like ( that they can get unlimited copies of via collections ) because it's new? What utter nonsense. I mean I would and do understand that people want the first copy of a new item they don't have because it's new but not duplicates ... they cease being new to them ideally once they already have a copy ( and ability to unlock unlimited copies if they like it ).

So you personally would prefer getting say multiple copies of say lower Outlander Observer’s crates or lower Outlander Guerilla’s crates from the previous pack ( to name just a couple ) than any of the items you got from the cubes simply because those items were new and the cube items were not?

It's not really worth assuming other people want duplicate items, you can only speak for you - so far no one has said they want duplicates either - just they want new items and just like want the new lightsaber to drop in every pack too I'm sure given the choice.

Something new from what specifically? Items they have yet to create or the silver/gold items? It's ludicrous to assume they would give away silver/gold for every drop if that's your implication.

Oh I get it and you do get new items, just less of them. It was a trade off vs the amount of duplicate junk people got before and personally I see it as a positive trade off.

Question though ... given the choice would you prefer this pack was ...

A) Exactly as the strategy alliance pack was before.

B) Have cubes in it as it is now with at least one guaranteed new drop for every pack and a 60% chance of a cube for the second drop ( yielding roughly 18/60 cubes per pack ).

1.) Yes because I would rather have something new that I know what it's going to be than something old that is extra random.

2.) You can't do that with the cubes because if your friends want something specifically from the new pack the cube isn't going to be that vs. if there was no cube at all you and your friends have a higher chance of helping each other out.

3.) Because it's new and people will want new stuff from a new pack. It's not rocket science.

4.) Because having duplicates of items increases the potential to sell and share with everyone else, having something be steadily available is only a good thing for people who want something.

5.) Yes because it's new, if I wanted something previously I would go out and have gotten it then.

6.) New Items from a new pack.

7.) It's a negative trade off because it causes ill feelings between people who regularly buy cm packs and bw when they should be doing everything they can to encourage people to want to buy, not turn them off.

8.) Choice C: Packs as they were before and B/S/G packs to perma-return. if people want old stuff, they get it there no need to clutter packs with old stuff when people buy new packs for new stuff.

Tho, I'm pretty shure the only reason you're fighting this is because you're scared BW is going to react to all this and change it and ruins something you want to Monetize. You poor thing.

So maybe I can help explain what the difference in opinion is here, Menace. The point that you're arguing is that the Grand Chance Cubes are a better deal for the consumer than a new suite of limited bronze items. In terms of credit value (which is pretty much the only objective metric we can use), you're correct.

The argument being made against the chance cubes, however, is more an emotional one than a logical one. Yes, bronze items are the CM equivalent of vendor trash. Yes, buying a hypercrate would leave you with more duplicates of that pack's bronze items than you knew what to do with. These are not being contested. But there was the feeling that even if it was trash, at least it was new trash. It's a perception issue.

EDIT: Full disclosure, I don't actually buy CM packs to begin with, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. I'm just trying to see if I can facilitate communication.

Edited by SevusAmast

So maybe I can help explain what the difference in opinion is here, Menace. The point that you're arguing is that the Grand Chance Cubes are a better deal for the consumer than a new suite of limited bronze items. In terms of credit value (which is pretty much the only objective metric we can use), you're correct.

The argument being made against the chance cubes, however, is more an emotional one than a logical one. Yes, bronze items are the CM equivalent of vendor trash. Yes, buying a hypercrate would leave you with more duplicates of that pack's bronze items than you knew what to do with. These are not being contested. But there was the feeling that even if it was trash, at least it was new trash. It's a perception issue.

EDIT: Full disclosure, I don't actually buy CM packs to begin with, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. I'm just trying to see if I can facilitate communication.

I have also never bought a single pack from this game and I refuse to feed their disgusting gambling metrics. That said EA/BW could have easily avoided this debacle by creating a separate pack for each. The new packs should contain new items only. Likewise the grand chance cube should exist to get you anything from both new packs and old packs.

:rak_03::rak_04::rak_03:

Low drop rates and getting stuff from previous packs that should have been sold in the old gold, silver, bronze packs. Again no one bothers with customer feedback. GG Bioware. :rak_04: I'll keep my monthly coins for now. No point in gambling to get a gambling cube. Edited by jankiel

1.) Yes because I would rather have something new that I know what it's going to be than something old that is extra random.

But you don't know what it's going to be - you have a better chance of getting a set item (especially if duplicate4 bronze ) but you won't know what it will be.

2.) You can't do that with the cubes because if your friends want something specifically from the new pack the cube isn't going to be that vs. if there was no cube at all you and your friends have a higher chance of helping each other out.

If they want something specific from the packs and it's duplicate bronze items they can just get it dirt cheap from the GTN. You can't be seriously implying you would buy packs to get duplicate bronzes items to give to friends? That to me is a by product of the useless duplicate junk, not a good reason to buy them.

3.) Because it's new and people will want new stuff from a new pack. It's not rocket science.

People want items they don't have from older packs too - that's new for them.

Also considering how hard it is to sell bronze duplicates it seems not many people want these new things after all or there is just too many of them ( another thing this change helps alleviate, over abundance of new items ).

4.) Because having duplicates of items increases the potential to sell and share with everyone else, having something be steadily available is only a good thing for people who want something.

Right so having more of ALL items in the game ( duplicates too if you've previously unlocked them ) due to cubes is a good thing because they will be more steadily available for everyone? That is another positive for cubes indeed.

5.) Yes because it's new, if I wanted something previously I would go out and have gotten it then.

But you already have it? How is it still new? What use does it have for you personally that a cube doesn't? You've got it either way as you suggest you have all the old items.

7.) It's a negative trade off because it causes ill feelings between people who regularly buy cm packs and bw when they should be doing everything they can to encourage people to want to buy, not turn them off.

They are encouraging people who want new and old items to buy though as well as offering a means to make more credits on the more worthless duplicate junk. It's going to appeal to a broader base of people ideally. Much like the 4.0 changes were designed to appeal to newer/casual players as opposed to veterans so too it would seem these cartel changes are.

8.) Choice C: Packs as they were before and B/S/G packs to perma-return. if people want old stuff, they get it there no need to clutter packs with old stuff when people buy new packs for new stuff.

C wasn't an option, you failed that test rather poorly.

Tho, I'm pretty shure the only reason you're fighting this is because you're scared BW is going to react to all this and change it and ruins something you want to Monetize. You poor thing

Something I want to monetize? With fantasy credits? Right ... Care to elaborate on what exactly I'm monetizing lol?

Either way that's a rather stupid assumption to make being this change devalues my inventory greatly ( over 2600 CM items ).

I, unlike you it would seem, unselfishly see this as being of greater value for the community as a whole as it brings prices of all items back down in the long run.

Also I like having a valid reason to buy current packs for once, the amount of old junk that took up inventory space to wait to increase in value ( or worse sell it for a dismal amount ) has been removed.

Also I still maintain the largest portion of buyers in this game are those that want to turn CC to credits ( because they will be repeat customers unlike those who have got everything they want ) and this change benefits them in the sense they can make more credits from the junk as compared to before.

If I'm correct then sales will increase and all the whinging in the world won't change it. Most likely though it would be in BW's best interest to look towards option B in the question you failed to accurately answer as that at least appeases many of the "we shouldn't get 2 cubes in 1 pack crowd" as well as boosting the new item drop rate.

After this change it would be stupid for them to bring back BSG packs at the prices they had because there will already be a large influx of all those items available from this change in game making the old BSG prices unrealistic ( grand prices would still be relevant enough as they were dirt cheap to begin with ).

And I get that in the sense that people want new items ... makes sense.

I just find it hard to comprehend that people want duplicates of new items ( thus making them old items for the receiver if they already have it ) over something they don't have.

As I firmly believe all this change has done is lift the wool from people's eyes into what the silver/bronze drop rates were truly like.

And I get that in the sense that people want new items ... makes sense.

I just find it hard to comprehend that people want duplicates of new items ( thus making them old items for the receiver if they already have it ) over something they don't have.

Yeah because getting duplicates of stuff from old packs that I already have is so much better. :rolleyes:

Edited by jankiel

I have also never bought a single pack from this game and I refuse to feed their disgusting gambling metrics. That said EA/BW could have easily avoided this debacle by creating a separate pack for each. The new packs should contain new items only. Likewise the grand chance cube should exist to get you anything from both new packs and old packs.

I'm guessing though they need justify the sales of new packs hence this change ...

Sales down on new packs making it hard for them to justify the development resources on new items when old items proved to sell well ( say from BSG packs ).

They want to keep a team employed making new items so they are endeavouring to railroad everyone into buying the same pack ( for new or old items ) to justify the expenditure for future new items.

As I said a guess anyway but it's the only reason I could come up with them for not proceeding with the BSG model or the model you suggest ( or even the original older model from pre 4.0 that offered people a great amount of variety of new shipment packs ).

Unless anyone else has a better reason other than "money grubbing" without supporting that view what so ever. It's no doubt they want to maximise profits but the best way to do that is to please everyone and your suggestion or the old BSG way goes further to achieving that then this concept so there must be a reason they aren't going down that path as this path ideally wouldn't generate the greatest CM profit as I see it.

Yeah because getting duplicates of stuff from old packs that I already have is so much better. :rolleyes:

Well if you have unlocked every single item in the game kudos to you. Sorry this change affects you but I can guarantee you're a minority in this and that you certainly aren't the target audience of this pack ... I imagine they already calculated on pissing you off in fact whilst attracting new customers.

Thanks for the giggles.

:rak_03:

Glad to provide some humor. :D

Though I have to say I love when your response to some of the threads that ask when will this new thing come out and you say SoonTM. That always gives me a good chuckle cause that's Bioware's go to statement for anything related to new content. :D

Edited by squirrelballz

But you don't know what it's going to be - you have a better chance of getting a set item (especially if duplicate4 bronze ) but you won't know what it will be.

If they want something specific from the packs and it's duplicate bronze items they can just get it dirt cheap from the GTN. You can't be seriously implying you would buy packs to get duplicate bronzes items to give to friends? That to me is a by product of the useless duplicate junk, not a good reason to buy them.

People want items they don't have from older packs too - that's new for them.

Also considering how hard it is to sell bronze duplicates it seems not many people want these new things after all or there is just too many of them ( another thing this change helps alleviate, over abundance of new items ).

Right so having more of ALL items in the game ( duplicates too if you've previously unlocked them ) due to cubes is a good thing because they will be more steadily available for everyone? That is another positive for cubes indeed.

But you already have it? How is it still new? What use does it have for you personally that a cube doesn't? You've got it either way as you suggest you have all the old items.

They are encouraging people who want new and old items to buy though as well as offering a means to make more credits on the more worthless duplicate junk. It's going to appeal to a broader base of people ideally. Much like the 4.0 changes were designed to appeal to newer/casual players as opposed to veterans so too it would seem these cartel changes are.

C wasn't an option, you failed that test rather poorly.

Something I want to monetize? With fantasy credits? Right ... Care to elaborate on what exactly I'm monetizing lol?

Either way that's a rather stupid assumption to make being this change devalues my inventory greatly ( over 2600 CM items ).

I, unlike you it would seem, unselfishly see this as being of greater value for the community as a whole as it brings prices of all items back down in the long run.

Also I like having a valid reason to buy current packs for once, the amount of old junk that took up inventory space to wait to increase in value ( or worse sell it for a dismal amount ) has been removed.

Also I still maintain the largest portion of buyers in this game are those that want to turn CC to credits ( because they will be repeat customers unlike those who have got everything they want ) and this change benefits them in the sense they can make more credits from the junk as compared to before.

If I'm correct then sales will increase and all the whinging in the world won't change it. Most likely though it would be in BW's best interest to look towards option B in the question you failed to accurately answer as that at least appeases many of the "we shouldn't get 2 cubes in 1 pack crowd" as well as boosting the new item drop rate.

After this change it would be stupid for them to bring back BSG packs at the prices they had because there will already be a large influx of all those items available from this change in game making the old BSG prices unrealistic ( grand prices would still be relevant enough as they were dirt cheap to begin with ).

1.) But it's going to be something new from the new pack and since I buy new packs for the new items in the pack, I would be happy with w/e I got vs. rolling another chance at getting something old that I didn't buy the pack for.

2.) Why is it so hard to believe someone would buy something for someone else? Maybe you don't have friends so you don't know this feeling?

3.) That's what the B/S/G packs were for. Those should not be in new packs with new items and be a separate thing, so that people who want something specific from a pack isn't having to rng against the entire CM collection vs. One pack.

4.) Yes, as long as it doesn't interfere with new packs with new items.

5.) Because it's self contained in 1 small pack vs. the entire collection.

6.) They are not. They are encouraging players not to spend anymore by changing stuff just to change it. If they wanted people to buy old stuff they would have kept the B/S/G packs.

7.) C is an option because your test failed at providing every possible option regarding this. Therefor you failed at preparing a viable test.

8.) All your posts have been oriented at how much these cubes are going to make you so many credits in game. Anyone can easily see that. Don't bother trying to deny it. If you were truly trying to unselfish, you would see that is a terrible change for the community and you would be trying to encourage change to a suitable level. If you were thinking unselfishly, you would realize that the B/S/G packs were the best value to buy if you wanted old items. These cubes not only hinder the chances of someone getting something they want from this new pack but has a high chance of providing you with something you don't want or already have.

The B/S/G packs negates this whole cube idea by giving players the option to pay a certain extra price at an old item from a specific category. Those would sell better than some pointless rng cube that interferes with new items for the sake of old items. If you were unselfish, you would understand this.

Simply put? They are garbage, not even okay. Just garbage. If they were a separate item to be sold by itself or even if you were promised at least 1 new item per pack they would be okay. But as they are now. They are garbage.

100% Completely Agree.

The new pack setup is TERRIBLE, and I have bought my last pack.

1.) But it's going to be something new from the new pack and since I buy new packs for the new items in the pack, I would be happy with w/e I got vs. rolling another chance at getting something old that I didn't buy the pack for.

You knew these items were in the pack and that they were replacing bronze before setting out ... if you bought these packs only for new items well you got what you wished for in line with the drop rates of this pack.

2.) Why is it so hard to believe someone would buy something for someone else? Maybe you don't have friends so you don't know this feeling?

Buy something != buy something just to get trash sub 10K bronze duplicates for other people. Though some people have more money than sense *shrug*.

3.) That's what the B/S/G packs were for. Those should not be in new packs with new items and be a separate thing, so that people who want something specific from a pack isn't having to rng against the entire CM collection vs. One pack.

What were they for? You're lack of quotation to the point you are directing your counter points makes it hard to follow.

These aren't packs with new items - they are packs with new items with old items as a backup roll to old bronze drops AND new items ... as advertised.

If you want something specific from this pack you have the same odds you did in the last pack ... you can see what items are in it, they are all silver and gold and the odds of you getting those items hasn't changed.

If you want an item that's not in this pack because it wasn't designed and would have otherwise been bronze ... well too bad.

4.) Yes, as long as it doesn't interfere with new packs with new items.

Cubes don't, they don't affect the drop rate of the current new items at all in fact.

5.) Because it's self contained in 1 small pack vs. the entire collection.

Not sure what're you're replying here too.

6.) They are not. They are encouraging players not to spend anymore by changing stuff just to change it. If they wanted people to buy old stuff they would have kept the B/S/G packs.

Changing stuff just to change it? Right ... they just felt bored and figured they hate money so why not just change things for the sake of it ... nice logic. ;)

7.) C is an option because your test failed at providing every possible option regarding this. Therefor you failed at preparing a viable test.

Of course it did, I was gauging your response given 2 options not what your preferred overall fix was otherwise I would have asked what you preferred overall fix was. I wasn't interested in this, I was trying to gauge your flexibility in meeting middle ground and it seems quite lacking since you couldn't even answer a simple 2 choice question.

Your aversion to answer the question is purely puzzling. 2 options - which is your preference?

8.) All your posts have been oriented at how much these cubes are going to make you so many credits in game. Anyone can easily see that. Don't bother trying to deny it.

They will ideally earn me less credits over all in the game. As stated I have over 2600 CM items, are those going to increase in value from this change, from this increased supply? No, of course not. How am I going to make more credits?

At least endeavor to backup your unfounded statements.

If you were truly trying to unselfish, you would see that is a terrible change for the community and you would be trying to encourage change to a suitable level.

Not at all, it's a terrible change for YOU and others that don't like it as they have everything else ( a minority no doubt ). How is it a terrible change for the community on a whole? More unfounded statements on your behalf.

If you were thinking unselfishly, you would realize that the B/S/G packs were the best value to buy if you wanted old items.

You could get roughly 3-4 gold packs for the price of a new hypercrate ... how is that going to be better value to get old items than this? How is that bringing in more supply to the GTN for those that don't buy packs and rely on the in game economy to buy their items? How was that providing great resell value to those that wanted to buy packs to turn to credits vs these packs where you get much more older items cheaper ( replacing practically 0 resale value bronze items ). Where is this better value? Words, words , words ... come on man ... back these words up, this is weak.

These cubes not only hinder the chances of someone getting something they want from this new pack but has a high chance of providing you with something you don't want or already have.

They don't hinder you at all ... they are showing better silver/gold drop rates than the previous packs. How are they hindering less items from this particular pack? Remember there are no bronze items for them to hinder in this pack.

Packs always had a high chance of "providing you with something you don't want or already have." hence this change - no more bronze duplicates en masse from each pack and more items from all packs.

As another poster pointed out there are plenty of items in your screenshot that you have not had before ... want them or not you didn't have them unlike the duplicates you would have got under the old system.

The B/S/G packs negates this whole cube idea by giving players the option to pay a certain extra price at an old item from a specific category. Those would sell better than some pointless rng cube that interferes with new items for the sake of old items. If you were unselfish, you would understand this.

A certain massively large price for a chance at an item from a set category.

Anwyay if they would sell better ... why did they make this change? Just to mess with you perhaps?

but to go back to what we had before to cater to the perceived smaller group of collectors who already have everything they want would be a massive step backwards.
So that is the key point. You think that everyone should be equal no matter HOW hard they all tried to get this.

Dude....

If, for example smn bought 10 hypercrates each month for 3 years he deresrves to have more then smn who bought a hypercrate last weekend.

The same is in everything else. If you train your body each day, with gold winner trainer who you met when he was like no one, you deserve to look better then those who just made 1 pushup a month.

Edited by Eres

Stupid question, but did the cube rewards correspond with the crate type you bought, or were they completely random?

Like, did a cube from an armor crate give you an armor item, or did it give you a ball toss because getting what you paid for shouldn't be a thing?

These are my numbers

4 Hyper Crates Purchased

Crate 1

• Singles = 13
  • Doubles = 7
  • Total = 27 Cubes

Crate 2

• Singles = 15
  • Doubles = 9
  • Total = 33 Cubes

Crate 3

• Singles = 15
  • Doubles = 5
  • Total = 25 Cubes

Crate 4

• Singles = 17
  • Doubles = 7
  • Total = 31 Cubes

I did not get

• Unstable Arbiter’s Lightsaber
  • Unstable Arbiter’s Dualsaber
  • Koensayr Revolution
  • Swamp Rancor
  • Underworld Anarchist’s Armor Set - Finished Set

Huge list of stuff from the Cubes but overall a lot of junk, I do feel that the Cubes have arrested the drop rate of the most desirable items by such a degree that these packs are no longer worth it. I felt I had to give it a shot but I will not be buying any more.

For those interested, this represents about $200 to me, approx $150 USD.

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

So that is the key point. You think that everyone should be equal no matter HOW hard they all tried to get this.

Dude....

If, for example smn bought 10 hypercrates each month for 3 years he deresrves to have more then smn who bought a hypercrate last weekend.

The same is in everything else. If you train your body each day, with gold winner trainer who you met when he was like no one, you deserve to look better then those who just made 1 pushup a month.

Just because you train a lot dosnt mean you deserve anything more than the next person. That just means your a try hard, if anything the one who does 1 pushup a month is who deserves it because they have much more potential.

You knew these items were in the pack and that they were replacing bronze before setting out ... if you bought these packs only for new items well you got what you wished for in line with the drop rates of this pack.

Buy something != buy something just to get trash sub 10K bronze duplicates for other people. Though some people have more money than sense *shrug*.

What were they for? You're lack of quotation to the point you are directing your counter points makes it hard to follow.

These aren't packs with new items - they are packs with new items with old items as a backup roll to old bronze drops AND new items ... as advertised.

If you want something specific from this pack you have the same odds you did in the last pack ... you can see what items are in it, they are all silver and gold and the odds of you getting those items hasn't changed.

If you want an item that's not in this pack because it wasn't designed and would have otherwise been bronze ... well too bad.

Cubes don't, they don't affect the drop rate of the current new items at all in fact.

Not sure what're you're replying here too.

Changing stuff just to change it? Right ... they just felt bored and figured they hate money so why not just change things for the sake of it ... nice logic. ;)

Of course it did, I was gauging your response given 2 options not what your preferred overall fix was otherwise I would have asked what you preferred overall fix was. I wasn't interested in this, I was trying to gauge your flexibility in meeting middle ground and it seems quite lacking since you couldn't even answer a simple 2 choice question.

Your aversion to answer the question is purely puzzling. 2 options - which is your preference?

They will ideally earn me less credits over all in the game. As stated I have over 2600 CM items, are those going to increase in value from this change, from this increased supply? No, of course not. How am I going to make more credits?

At least endeavor to backup your unfounded statements.

Not at all, it's a terrible change for YOU and others that don't like it as they have everything else ( a minority no doubt ). How is it a terrible change for the community on a whole? More unfounded statements on your behalf.

You could get roughly 3-4 gold packs for the price of a new hypercrate ... how is that going to be better value to get old items than this? How is that bringing in more supply to the GTN for those that don't buy packs and rely on the in game economy to buy their items? How was that providing great resell value to those that wanted to buy packs to turn to credits vs these packs where you get much more older items cheaper ( replacing practically 0 resale value bronze items ). Where is this better value? Words, words , words ... come on man ... back these words up, this is weak.

They don't hinder you at all ... they are showing better silver/gold drop rates than the previous packs. How are they hindering less items from this particular pack? Remember there are no bronze items for them to hinder in this pack.

Packs always had a high chance of "providing you with something you don't want or already have." hence this change - no more bronze duplicates en masse from each pack and more items from all packs.

As another poster pointed out there are plenty of items in your screenshot that you have not had before ... want them or not you didn't have them unlike the duplicates you would have got under the old system.

A certain massively large price for a chance at an item from a set category.

Anwyay if they would sell better ... why did they make this change? Just to mess with you perhaps?

1.) I've already covered why I bought this hypercrate in my original post.

2.) Stop worrying about what other people are willing to buy.

3.) This is a new pack and as such it should only contain new items. Not an additional tcg pack within a tcg pack. If they are going to drop in the pack they shouldn't drop at a frequency to where it greatly overshadows the drops of the pack contents. What's not hard to follow?

4.) Yes they do. Having a pack open with double cubes is unacceptable when you buy a new pack for the new pack contents.

5.) Not surprised.

6.) Have you seriously been blind to the changes of 4.0? They have changed things just to change things, don't pretend that they haven't.

7.) I already gave you my answer, learn to accept that not everyone agrees with you.

8.) Your continued posts imply that you only care about making a profit. Anyone can see this when they look at your posts concerning this change and how amazing you think this change is for selling w/e loot you'll get inside the cube vs. if the pack operated as normal in which you refer to new bronze items as trash that won't sell. Face it, you only care about making credits.

9.) It's a terrible change for the community because it limits the amount of the new items that will be going onto the GTN for those to buy with credits. It lessens the value of packs for those who like to buy packs and turns them away.

10.) The value is in the choice of picking your rarity and category instead of one big pool. When you limit the amount of RNG you have to deal with it increases the value and likely hood that you will buy said item. I know this from experience as I bought 4 gold deco packs int he hopes of getting a Gree Sphere and I was able to. If they were still around, I would feel tempted to try my luck at trying for something else from a specific category. At the same time if I wanted to try my luck at something in a pack, I had the luxury of buying that pack and knowing I was going to get something from it specifically and not a random grab bag.

11.) Not Hindered at all? 41 Cubes vs. 19 New Items when before I would be promised 60 New Items isn't hindered? C'mon you're not even trying to make any sense.

12.) That poster fails to realize that I have a lot of those items already and they only appear as not known because I either cannot equip said item or I haven't unlocked the item in my collection or I haven't re-learned the collected items. Even then I would much rather still have new bronze items than all of that because that's what I've come to enjoy about pack buying and opening, getting something new from the pack.

13.) 800-1200 is a fair price for a Gold Pack for a full set of armor/etc.

14.) Again, they change stuff to change stuff. They've been doing it since 4.0 launched.