A Kindly Old Monster

greatbriton

Just got in after the patch on a character where I got to the second part of "A Kindly Old Monster", which is after I turned in materials to get Lokin to reputation 10. Its reset my quest, and has taken Lokin out of my contacts and alerts, so I can't even travel to him. I've also lost my reputation and all the materials I used. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to start all over?

I tried to submit a ticket but it keeps erroring out.

I have the same issue. After the large patch today, 4.1, I come back to my character and the quest to recruit Lokin, (starts with A Kindly Old Monster) for my Alliance has reset! I had already handed in hundreds of items to get him to rank 10, and was awaiting for the next Rakghoul event to start to finish the quest. :mad:: Edited by Blackmetalone

Hey there!

We looked into this, and you haven't lost any Influence with Lokin at all. The Mission has reset, unfortunately, so you do need to go through the motions of the Mission again. When you get to the "Item hand-in" phase, you will see that Lokin has the correct amount of Influence.

-Tait

It also got reseted. I had passed the gain influence part and was waiting for rakghoul event to finish it and now I have to start it all over again.

Apparently not quite, you may have to talk to him all over but according to the devs you won't have lost any influence you gained previously.

So I am at the deploy the probe stage on this quest. Is it better to wait and see whats going on so I don't lose everything? Personally, I think this quest is a big joke. Can't understand why they would make something require so many mats not too mention trying to buy the bio items on the gtn is absurd. people are posting like 10 items for 10 million credits now. They really need to fix this and reduce the amount of supplies needed.....just saying. Not doing this on all eight characters I have finished with Kotfe.

Hey there!

We looked into this, and you haven't lost any Influence with Lokin at all. The Mission has reset, unfortunately, so you do need to go through the motions of the Mission again. When you get to the "Item hand-in" phase, you will see that Lokin has the correct amount of Influence.

-Tait

Then why do we have to hand in crafting materials and his influence is counting from ZERO again.

This is a bug since 4.0, but this workaround fixes it.

Don't move! Don't Reset Mission!

LOG OUT TO CHARACTER LOADING SCREEN, THEN LOG BACK IN

the mission item will be there when you load back to the Sarlaac Pit.

Please share this as BW can't be bothered to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It also got reseted. I had passed the gain influence part and was waiting for rakghoul event to finish it and now I have to start it all over again.

I have one Charakter, with the same problem. I have recruited Dr. Lokin, made all steps include talking to Dr. Oggurub and Bey'wan Aygo. Now, after a few Weeks, I have to do the Quest completly again. Dr. Lokin is not in my compinium list (N and B). Any Idea what solves this, without doing every step again? :o

• 2 months later...
How do we know when the next Rakgoul resurrgence is?

Most of the time we use Dulfy. But they seem to be running the events at least once every couple of months. The only change is which planet it is on.