Downtime Funtime

EricMusco

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, the only answer to that question is Kai Zykken :rak_03:

Congrats to MeNaCe-NZ, PSVEindhoven, kiwiAceKuwait, WayronJoche, Millardkillmoore, Stragos, and DawnSparrow. Check your PMs.

Alright folks, we are getting close to that hour. I am going to take a break for a bit and check in with the team on status. As promised, here is the copy/paste race!

-eric

Tauntaun Fawns

ALRW-QEU7-3Q2K-KVQY,

DR8A-8HB4-83QK-WW8N,

D8L5-KHG9-SU6R-JQX9,

GKZU-9UTZ-AT2U-2J8R,

5PZX-QSXT-9YVW-8NG6,

6RHR-HKN3-KXCA-AFYN,

8UCL-G5BD-EZWG-4KNC,

BPTW-AV3V-TDQL-W4QA,

3Y2A-HJDV-9WQC-FCNT,

B2N4-NV4Q-K67R-NTXX,

450 CC

3CTP-4BXQ-LUYU-K3D5,

56LA-VDLJ-NNNT-WV2E,

3SW6-FRNQ-5UVM-9NVF,

FZCV-SWTL-HGY7-GWAR,

9R8Y-D7UP-S7VT-9Z4J,

79SC-KJ46-726Q-DDMN,

CSZB-PN62-AVW2-5XC6,

5CFN-P24G-NRWA-QD3W,

2SCS-62F6-E49H-D62Q,

94MY-9Z4E-UUHF-7E4S,

HGPX-3TXU-EW4H-RLUS,

7SDJ-MNL8-5H9P-XZ54,

D6ZL-PWPS-VHFQ-3KJZ,

5DNC-HUDN-MGT9-LB5K,

CYQ6-Z6GL-TVB2-WAM6,

4777-Y3XX-ED23-GQUQ,

8LJ9-GAPN-AGVW-BLAK,

7UXX-SCDP-HYPB-URJP,

DEUE-3V34-V852-D6LZ,

G94V-RFQ2-69FZ-KB57,

Cool - thanks :)

The extended downtime is now at 50% (edit: 75%, my math was fail; give me a job BW) longer than the original downtime........

Which was likely 100% longer already than the content they were patching in......

I am LITERALLY amazed that they're this incompetent. And at THIS point, with THIS crew, I really shouldn't be.

Edited by Obnxs

So back after over an hour to cook and such, still down. And still playing the impossible lottery of codes that never work when tried. I suppose only those lucky enough to not get delays refreshing can get rewarded for losing a day. Added to the total refusal to fix in-game issues from tech support such as achievements not completing, I'm wondering if this is worth my budget money to subscribe to. As I'm disabled and on limited resources I can only sub to one game, and honestly the level of service as of late has me reassessing my choice. Perhaps everyone there should attend a real customer service seminar. For example when a customer puts in a ticket over an item/feature not working properly, simply closing the ticket with no feedback and no resolution is NOT service. Likewise this game of copy-paste if you get a decent refresh on an over utilized forum server is not addressing the hours lost on a service that was paid for and denied. Of course I understand that life happens, it's not the mistakes that define service but how it is addressed when a customer is upset enough to say they are annoyed.

The extended downtime is now at 50% longer than the original downtime........

Which was likely 100% longer already than the content they were patching in......

I am LITERALLY amazed that they're this incompetent. And at THIS point, with THIS crew, I really shouldn't be.

Wow that's pretty rude

Is the Tauntaun Fawn similar to the Tauntaun Ram? Because that little fella follows me everywhere. <3

The Tauntaun Ram was a subscriber reward during the Legacy update.

The Tauntaun Fawn was a Community Cantina Tour Event code that currently is unavailable... until right now

Edited by DarthConsum

Exactly. These things happen, you can't always foresee them. I think 2003 was the last time I was ever angry over a game, lol. Oh, and thanks for working through that launch mess...I wouldn't even want to imagine how difficult that was. :)

What people don't understand when they don't work in the MMO industry is that you can do all the testing in the world but until you push something to live, you never know 100% how it is going to go. With SWG, we had network virtualization and applications to test server load and in the end, even with everything we put it through, it broke. It happens. We worked all night trying to resolve it and all we got in return was basically people accusing us of everything short of killing their pet dog.

Probably even got accused of that too. I wouldn't know since for years I've refused to even read official forums for most games.

And you're very welcome. SWG took up 3 years of my life. Its ending was bittersweet, even if I'd left the company well before it happened.

Ok. I would like to go do something useful maybe I should go to sleep because I have to go to work at 5:30 (its 045 now).

Here is my question!

Is there any chance if I leave now I get something in return for the early access for I sacrificed one of my free day?