Can't download 4.1

Guderon

The download ran fine until it hit 'Game Client 193'. When it did, this message appeared - 'Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying...(310).' That was hours ago and it's stuck there. Every time I try it, it goes to the same file and gives me that same error message. My internet is fine, I can do anything on it except get the 4.1 patch to finish downloading. And yes, I've shut down and restarted, power cycled modem and router, etc. Everything works fine except for this.

Same problem here with the 310 error. I know people have complained of this issue before, but it's a first for me so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Do I just be patient, wait, and hope it starts working again? Quit and retry? Reset computer and router? Edited by alaurin

according to twitter, they said don't down load the patch till they are done fixing it or you will be required to reload the game.....so we wait...

The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR · 37m37 minutes ago

Today's maintenance window has been extended, and we will update you as soon as we have more info.

The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR · 1h1 hour ago

@MartinWesther Usually there is no problem. We suggest waiting though, because if we do find an issue you may need to re-patch your client.

The Old Republic ‏@SWTOR · 2h2 hours ago

@Sgt007Steve We don't recommend patching until after maintenance is complete. We'll update everyone when the process is finished.

Edited by Milven

The download ran fine until it hit 'Game Client 193'. When it did, this message appeared - 'Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying...(310).' That was hours ago and it's stuck there. Every time I try it, it goes to the same file and gives me that same error message. My internet is fine, I can do anything on it except get the 4.1 patch to finish downloading. And yes, I've shut down and restarted, power cycled modem and router, etc. Everything works fine except for this.

Bro i feel your pain, went to sleep with the client open hoping that when i woke up i can just get a nice smooth entry back into the game, asset 193 stuck, network error BS 310.

At first, like most people, naturally i thought it was my network, so I exit that client and restarted it only for it to freeze at asset 38, about 2 per cent into the download lmfao. Def a problem on their end, so not something to be worried about. I imagine this is why they said the time can take anywhere from 1p-5pm. It already seems like even they were expecting fails like this.

Keep your chin up brother! Hopefully theyll have it fixed soon and we can **** **** up. >:D

Same problem here with the 310 error. I know people have complained of this issue before, but it's a first for me so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Do I just be patient, wait, and hope it starts working again? Quit and retry? Reset computer and router?

Honestly, whenever I get errors like this i exit the launcher, that way nothing gets corrupted and it can re-load the patch from the start. I say exit the launcher and just keep staying informed of the status of this *********** ******** lol.

It has something to do with the different servers they use to deploy the patch aka the CDN or Content Delivery Network servers aka people they pimp out to host all these updates. I got a gig or so downloaded and then got the error 310 so I switched to my backup internet connection and it immediately started again (aka it probably connected to a different geographic server) and downloaded 2 more gig then back to the same 310 error I'm guessing the software they are using to "host" this patch is bugged and when that server hangs then the download stops.

'Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying...(310)'...for 4 hours, My Account, cancel subscription. Fixed.

This is exactly what I am ready to do, just cancel my subscription. I have also been dealing with this for over 4 hours and yet we cant even get someone to tell us how to fix it. Just goes to show they can care less about the people who pay their salaries.

Hey so i just started my launcher back up like 4 mins ago and it downloaded it within a minute, id say about 45 seconds. I exited the launcher completely for a bit and when i re launched it was done really fast. The only problem now is just the servers I believe, and of course anyone else whos still having launcher issues.

Dont pause and resume, thatll take you forever. It really isnt a big patch at all, no need to babysit.

babysitting the pause/resume button finally paid off :D let me share my experience,

I started the patching before I went to sleep, woke up around 4.30 a.m just to find the network error 310, stuck at main asset 225

I tried to find solutions online, most of it are to complicated for me to understand, so I figured I'll just pause/resume the download, while browsing trough the forum. It took me 1 hour to finish the download.

guess what happened next? It got stuck again at English assets 229, this time babysitting the pause/resume don't seem to work anymore(the button itself disappear), I have to relaunch the launcher and continue babysitting.

Finally it worked and finished the download at 5.30 a.m here, and I gotta go to work at 6.30 I almost kiss goodbye to the Early access for Chapter X :p

can't wait to play after work.:D

Hey so i just started my launcher back up like 4 mins ago and it downloaded it within a minute, id say about 45 seconds. I exited the launcher completely for a bit and when i re launched it was done really fast. The only problem now is just the servers I believe, and of course anyone else whos still having launcher issues.

Dont pause and resume, thatll take you forever. It really isnt a big patch at all, no need to babysit.

Yeah i've relauched it like 4 or 5 times now still going at KBs till it hits nothing and comes up with the error.

I was getting the same 310 error, but like someone said - babysitting the button helped. I downloaded the whole patch, and then it forced me to repair files... And after that the whole patch is downloading again. Lovely (/sarcasm).

edit:

oh third time now... why not?

Edited by kuroi_ame

Bioware your DNS name resolution??

cdn-patch.swtor.com = a56.d.akami.net = 60.254.148.107

I updated my host file and guess what I went from 12kb a second to 3.5mb a second.

Going forward with contact your Akami and get them to correct their setting or fix up you name resolution in your config files.

I shouldn't have to change my computer settings every time their is a major patch.