The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Reputation Pack

VelRathis

• 1 month later...
Guys,

how about a new pack that provides: 5 random (tradable) rep items for the CM vendors and a Cartel Cert.

Im sure there's a market for that.

I would also pay for this pack. There is currently no way to finish the reputation track for several cartel packs that aren't being sold anymore. Also I do not understand the decision to remove the cartel certificates, but they would have be reintroduced in these reputation packs then.

Agreed. I've recently been looking at different reputation vendors, and they do have cool stuff. But gaining rep with some of them seems to be impossible for a newbie like me, which is pretty weird. Ideally, they'd all have events or missions, but I assume that's a bit much work at this stage. Can't have it all. Edited by Eiter
Added specification.

Will, everytime someone suggested bringing back a pack, you always jump on the "NO" usually followed by random rants or having a go at people

Nobody is suggesting bringing back exclusive sub rewards, past promotions, pvp rewards, CE rewards

Merely suggesting to bring back older packs that were purchased on the CM or a variant of that pack

You do realise other mmos make it so you can still gain reputation for previous reputations that are no longer relevant right?

As it stands you have a ton of vendors on the fleet that are worthless, unless you want to spend millions of credits on an old pack someone hoarded to GTN, on the off chance you "might" get a rep token or cartel certificate

Get over yourself, the game wasn't designed just for you, others have goals too, some including OP is to do old reputations

As you said, you CAN still obtain those rep items. It WILL cost you, however. That does not mean that those vendors are irrelevant or useless, though.

Willjb is right, IMO.

You want BW to bring back old content simply because you want it NOW and for a pittance because you don't want to pay the going rates.

I regularly buy the acolyte pack from GTN ar a huge cost, so cost was never an issue, and I will still be buying them

Please point to where I have ever said "I want it now" unless you mean "I would buy in a heartbeat" is demanding they re add them. An odd leap since that was just a reply if they added them .

So yes I am more than willing to pay the going rate as I have stated already, and it is not a "this isn't fair I want X item" if I truly felt that I wouldn't keep buying the packs without worrying

Oh this is going round in circles lol, ok let me address your points

"Other people and I calling you out" was just you and a single person agreeing, that's not others, that's one

Again you keep reading into my comments like I'm upset paying current GTN price, I have never once said that and I am more than happy to buy them as I have stated many times. Might want to check what people reply

"You getting owned on forums by others and myself" back to point one, is you and one other person, also it wasn't owned, otherwise I might have a small slither of feeling upset, instead I'm just laughing at it all

"Because you want things given to you easy" again never said that, back to point two I'm HAPPY to buy the packs off of GTN.

"Grow up kid" more than grown up thanks, happily married with kids, I just don't sit back whilst some child tries to rip people apart on a public forum because someone might of suggested an item you feel entitled to only owning.

Let's look at one of your posts:

Will, everytime someone suggested bringing back a pack, you always jump on the "NO" usually followed by random rants or having a go at people

Nobody is suggesting bringing back exclusive sub rewards, past promotions, pvp rewards, CE rewards

Merely suggesting to bring back older packs that were purchased on the CM or a variant of that pack

You do realise other mmos make it so you can still gain reputation for previous reputations that are no longer relevant right?

As it stands you have a ton of vendors on the fleet that are worthless, unless you want to spend millions of credits on an old pack someone hoarded to GTN, on the off chance you "might" get a rep token or cartel certificate

Get over yourself, the game wasn't designed just for you, others have goals too, some including OP is to do old reputations

Emphasis mine, btw.

Now, I think most reasonable people reading your post would admit that while you did not say it in exact words, you are complaining about the going rate of the old packs, and having to pay that going rate. In addition, you make it clear that you want that old rep.

Your attempts to claim otherwise fall short, given your previous posts.

[/i]

Emphasis mine, btw.

Now, I think most reasonable people reading your post would admit that while you did not say it in exact words, you are complaining about the going rate of the old packs, and having to pay that going rate. In addition, you make it clear that you want that old rep.

You do realise spending millions, isn't a lot nowadays right? You are reading into a situation and coming up with your own conclusions. Yes I do want the rep, hence why I will happily carry on buying acolytes pack to get said rep

But seems you are reading one side of a story and jumping on a bandwagon.

I will carry on buying the packs as I want too, if they ever add them or similar back, I will happily buy them on CM

Regardless, it's really nothing to do with you what I do with my credits. It's called suggestion for a reason, and I was just agreeing with the OP

[/i]

Emphasis mine, btw.

^(Agree.)

As you said, you CAN still obtain those rep items. It WILL cost you, however. That does not mean that those vendors are irrelevant or useless, though.

Willjb is right, IMO.

You want BW to bring back old content simply because you want it NOW and for a pittance because you don't want to pay the going rates.

How is he right?! He's personally attacking he-

Y'know what. My doc says I need to ignore your kind of people more often.

So that's what I'm gonna do.

How is he right?! He's personally attacking he-

Y'know what. My doc says I need to ignore your kind of people more often.

So that's what I'm gonna do.

Honestly, dont waste your breath, it seems swtor's youngest player is on an entitled rant

reason i stopped replying to them, if i wanted to deal with a petuant child, i would take away my kids toys

Let's get one thing straight: You're the one coming on here and whining about how you want this and you want that. Not me. Talk about entitlement. Yeah, I have a goal of getting a pvp season 1 rancor; is it realistic? No.

I'm not going to impose my wants into demands, unlike other people who come here on forum with unrealistic goals. You're the one coming on and creating threads saying you want this back and you that back. GET OVER YOURSELF. I'm fine with a lot of things the way they are, as far as old content. You came keep on creating threads or keep posting on the same old I want the Rep items and I want them Now threads, like the rest of us don't see it over and over, but don't expect me to just cave in to your incessant whining. And it takes 2 to argue, so don't act so innocent; especially when you're trying to get your hands on old content that very few veteran players have. Shame on you.

Well, you know, this is the CM Suggestion page and the OP is simply making a suggestion about what they would like to see offered on the CM.

Working as intended.

I think this is a good idea. I do think there are other packs (Dyes) that would be nice to have back first, but this is a reasonable request. All those vendors on the fleet with such a limited base of players that can even use them. Seems rather pointless. If they kill the rep, they should eventually remove the vendors.

I think they could do it the way they did dyes. Two random rep tokens per pack. I bet they'd sell tons of 'em.

[/i]

Emphasis mine, btw.

Yes, they're just entitled complainers, Ratajack, who think that everyone else is just going to let them do what they want. BioWare isn't caving in to these entitled complainers either. They're not falling for it and neither are we. There's no point trying to have a logical argument with them, it's all: I want it and I want it Now, with them; they like to go on the warpath but don't address/ ignore any real supporting argument and just want to keep everything one-sided. We should just ignore them.

Edited by Willjb

Thank goodness! Finally someone with some sense.

Also comical they removed all their posts where they got personal or abusive, admittedly my language did get a bit colourful. So my apologies to the thread for that :)

But yes it was a lot worse until they removed their posts