The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth marr force ghost Companion

Technically it's never explicitly stated

that Darth Marr is dead.

Okay, we all know it's more than probably the case. it's heavily implied since he appears as a force ghost to discuss with Shan. But that doesn't explain why it's still listed in the alliance list, then. Like "temporary unavailable". It makes no sense to keep it there if he's dead, dead. So either we will be at some point able to summon his ghost again, or he's not dead. For all that we know, the ghost in cutscene could be some kind of force projection because he's not able to be there physically.

Im still hoping hes not really dead, (in carbonite or the like) and hes just talking to Satele via projection, but otherwise as others said, only an Inquisitor should be able to have a force ghost companion due to their Forcewalker/ghost attracting abilities.

Also, more importantly, why would an agent, smuggler, trooper or bounty hunter have a force ghost hanging around yhem? Especially a -sith- ghost for the republic characters?

Also, more importantly, why would an agent, smuggler, trooper or bounty hunter have a force ghost hanging around yhem? Especially a -sith- ghost for the republic characters?

(Warning: Headcanon.)

Part A: Because the said force ghost wants to hang around with them.

Part B: As well ask how come my (female) elite Republic Special Forces Major is sleeping with a (female) Sith...(1)

(1) Well, that's not so hard, and speaks more of artwork and writing in a certain swamp scene, and a conversation at a restaurant in Paris. Root round my posting history if you want to read more about that subject, though.

I'd prefer if he wasn't dead, I'd rather he be alive. I'd rather have him as a live companion, I suppose if they're going to persist in keeping him dead, then yes, I'd love to be able to have him as a companion ghost.

I also have another suggestion: Kill off Satele Shan, why does she get to live? So unfair that Sith lose all their heroes, and the Republic and Jedi never lose anyone who matters. :/

I'd prefer if he wasn't dead, I'd rather he be alive. I'd rather have him as a live companion, I suppose if they're going to persist in keeping him dead, then yes, I'd love to be able to have him as a companion ghost.

I also have another suggestion: Kill off Satele Shan, why does she get to live? So unfair that Sith lose all their heroes, and the Republic and Jedi never lose anyone who matters. :/

Brcause even though shes "old" to some she still has ***** and a decent shape so stays popular cuz guys want to bang her in their SW fantasies :p

Some are asking as to why a force ghost would be hanging around with a republic trooper or bounty hunter or whomever, well truth is we worked with him against the revanites and now Satele is hanging out with him, I think it would just be cool. And the force flows through everyone, we are heroes of the war, why wouldn't a force ghost of a dead with lord we used to work with talk to us and help us fight off the eternal empire?! Also with our legacy skills everyone has use of the force abilities in the game no matter what class you play. Force ghost Marr would be totally sweet.

Technically it's never explicitly stated

that Darth Marr is dead.

Okay, we all know it's more than probably the case. it's heavily implied since he appears as a force ghost to discuss with Shan. But that doesn't explain why it's still listed in the alliance list, then. Like "temporary unavailable". It makes no sense to keep it there if he's dead, dead. So either we will be at some point able to summon his ghost again, or he's not dead. For all that we know, the ghost in cutscene could be some kind of force projection because he's not able to be there physically.

But then again

If you kill off another comoanion recruit, Xalek for example, he will also remain in the same category with Marr though dead. So, pretty sure they both dead, since i killed Xalek myself and had him still appear in alliance window (as unavailable, just like Marr).

And no, I dont want a force ghost companion running after smugglers and booty hunters, throwing lightsabers from beyond. Atleast, not as a combat companion. A passive pet, at most.

Edited by Kiesu

I'm not sure he IS dead. Remember how our PC "ghost" was visible to Vaylin even when still entombed in carbonite? Darth Marr is a powerful force user; even if frozen in carbonite, he could project himself as a Force Ghost to someone he wished to speak with (like Satele). Lana's reaction when being told of Marr's death was a little odd, makes me wonder if she knows he's on ice somewhere but felt the "Outlander" would be more amenable and less locked into a particular ideology or agenda.

i think we should get a Legendary Sith or a Legendary Jedi comp. - Marr isnt really legendary he may have lead the sith empire to the end but more like Exar Kun or someone in that area have like a story background for them, like you find them on Hoth or illum Frozen in Ice in a Remote area of the map. put some sort of Puzzle to get them out like they did with the probe's for Makeb so you had something to work with. just a suggestion.

Really?

Have you been watching the same films as me? Not how I remember the star wars films, books, comics or games.

As for the OP's suggestion, Sure why not however they will not give him to just one class as some have suggested , it be all or none.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Perhaps he really isnt dead, but thinks he is. He really shouldnt be able to force ghost anyways being a Sith, but..lets play with that.

Your character was carbon freezed, for 5 years. We did see Marr go down easily, but maybe Arcann kept him as a trophy in carbonite as well (the prision you are in had a LOT of other people frozen...), perhaps his vitals are sooo low he feels dead.

Perhaps on a return trip to take out Arcann, you feel a small whisper, leading you to a trophy room..and there he is.

• 9 months later...
I actually think it'd be cool if they did this and it was an Inquisitor-only companion. And then maybe make another class-specific extra comp for the other classes that refers back to their class stories. We really need more callbacks to the class stories in these expansions.