The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any news on the game's performance ??

RedMercyyy

I did watch the stream a few weeks ago devs vaguely said they are working on the problems ? so when will we see any results ? i doubt it will be tommorow maybe few months ? maybe a year ?

The latency last night was so horrible at times, it as impossible to PVP. I am using a 60 meg service and a $3000 computer rig. I play everything and anything maxed out without even a glitch. That is until I log into SWTOR. At that point I might as well be playing on dialup on an old and outdated system.

They need to fix this quickly because I know a lot of people who have unsubbed because of it. And I am about to unsub myself if not fixed soon. The lack of ambition bioware shows towards fixing this game is the same lack of desire I have to play it when things are not fixed.

The people have spoken bioware. We are down to only one playable server, Harbringer. How much more bleeding do you need to happen before you wake up out of your deep sleep. Harbringer dies and this game might as well close its servers down.

The latency last night was so horrible at times, it as impossible to PVP. I am using a 60 meg service and a $3000 computer rig.

Side note.

1. You're right, the lag on Harby has been bad the past week, in the most random of places. Then it is fine. Then it is not. Sometimes it'll go an hour smooth as silk, then suck for 5 min, then go back to smooth.

2. The speed of your connection doesn't really matter, the game isn't using enough data for the speed to count. What matters is latency and the number of hops from you to the server, and where those hops happen.

Geh sadly ping is the least of my problems, im playing on tomb of freedon nadd, dang i want this game to run smooth as a butter or am i expecting to much hah :(:(

No your not. Every game I play runs like a beast except for this game. Always laggy, always jitter lag, and performance can be horrible. This game has connection issues that need to be seriously resolved. There have been a lot of people unsubbing because of it. It needs to be fixed asap. This has been going on for a while now and has caused a lot of people to quit playing.

No your not. Every game I play runs like a beast except for this game. Always laggy, always jitter lag, and performance can be horrible. This game has connection issues that need to be seriously resolved. There have been a lot of people unsubbing because of it. It needs to be fixed asap. This has been going on for a while now and has caused a lot of people to quit playing.

For a while? Hate to put a damper on this topic even further, but this issue has existed ever since early access and beta. EAware developed this game on a prealpha version of the HeroEngine which is why it's so CPU-intensive and runs like absolute garbage.

The connection issues must have to do with which server you're playing on. The server i play on, i have never -- well actually i did d/c one time lol but other than that, no lag, no d/c

The latency last night was so horrible at times, it as impossible to PVP. I am using a 60 meg service and a $3000 computer rig. I play everything and anything maxed out without even a glitch. That is until I log into SWTOR. At that point I might as well be playing on dialup on an old and outdated system.

They need to fix this quickly because I know a lot of people who have unsubbed because of it. And I am about to unsub myself if not fixed soon. The lack of ambition bioware shows towards fixing this game is the same lack of desire I have to play it when things are not fixed.

The people have spoken bioware. We are down to only one playable server, Harbringer. How much more bleeding do you need to happen before you wake up out of your deep sleep. Harbringer dies and this game might as well close its servers down.

Same deal...the lack of any word on class balancing for 4.1 is ultimately what drove me to unsub, but frankly I probably would have stayed subbed if the game wasn't running on probably the worst engine I've ever seen. ESO's graphics are much more demanding and PVP has many, many more players involved and runs like a charm for me. I get single digit fps with all settings minimal with SWTOR. A few days ago SWTOR was also causing my CPU to overheat, running 20-30 degrees hotter than Fallout 4 or COD Advanced Warfare, causing my computer to randomly crash. It's sorted itself out now, but the performance of this game is just terrible. Just merge all these low-pop crappy servers into one strong, dedicated server and I'd imagine that's problem solved for a lot of people.

Same deal...the lack of any word on class balancing for 4.1 is ultimately what drove me to unsub, but frankly I probably would have stayed subbed if the game wasn't running on probably the worst engine I've ever seen. ESO's graphics are much more demanding and PVP has many, many more players involved and runs like a charm for me. I get single digit fps with all settings minimal with SWTOR. A few days ago SWTOR was also causing my CPU to overheat, running 20-30 degrees hotter than Fallout 4 or COD Advanced Warfare, causing my computer to randomly crash. It's sorted itself out now, but the performance of this game is just terrible. Just merge all these low-pop crappy servers into one strong, dedicated server and I'd imagine that's problem solved for a lot of people.

yea :/ the game runs like a dried up potato that was left to rot in a cave for centuries but its swtor :S il be subbed for 1 more month and thats about it i love lightsabers and other ****