One time password wont send

XeniasLatin

• 4 weeks later...
Add a security key to your account, and you will never again have to wait for the OTP to be emailed to you.

Nah you get a new phone, or do a factory reset and you will have to call Bioware to get it work again (no, customer service ticket won't be enough) After this I decided not to have this feature activated ever again.

Edited by atesz

C It is VERY annoying having to do this EVERY DAY.

You get the "one time password" when the system detects a change in your IP address. This is done as a security measure - someone who hacks your account will have a different IP address than yours.

The people to complain to is your ISP - they are not putting a long enough "hold" time on your IP address - that is, they are giving you a new IP every day. Any ISP that knows what they're doing will have a hold time longer than one day.

Nah you get a new phone, or do a factory reset and you will have to call Bioware to get it work again (no, customer service ticket won't be enough) After this I decided not to have this feature activated ever again.

No, I just deal with the OTP to remove the old security key, and then you download the app on the new phone and enter your info again. No need to call support, just more annoying OTP's to clear it and set a new one up.

No, I just deal with the OTP to remove the old security key, and then you download the app on the new phone and enter your info again. No need to call support, just more annoying OTP's to clear it and set a new one up.
Or you run Winauth on your PC, and it doesn't matter what you do with your phone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I have tried 4 times to get the one time password login and it wont send. Any advice?

Create a new email address with a major email provider such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo etcetera and change your SWTOR account to use the new address. Then attempt to login to SWTOR again to trigger a one time password email to the new address( DO IT FROM EA.COM). If this fails you may need to call to have an agent push the email to your new address.

100 % WORKS <----