What Happened to Orange Drop Items?

DashaAdair

Then again, F2P can't level past 50 either(*), and blue modifications requiring level 48 are available through crafting. Anyone serious enough about endgame to care about gearing up should consider subbing for one month at least and getting the artifact equipment authorization.

(*)Well, it seems to still be possible to purchase RotHC and SoR expansions for 17 €, but why would you when a 13 € subscription for one month gets you all expansions plus 500 cartel coins?

Strict F2P can't level past 50. Buying SoR makes you preferred, not strict F2P.

Then again, F2P can't level past 50 either(*), and blue modifications requiring level 48 are available through crafting. Anyone serious enough about endgame to care about gearing up should consider subbing for one month at least and getting the artifact equipment authorization.

The AEA is 2400 CCs for the account-wide version, so you either need to crank credits like a mad thing during your month (and hope someone lists the AWAEA on the GTN) or buy more CCs.

Strict F2P can't level past 50. Buying SoR makes you preferred, not strict F2P.

True, I forgot to consider that SoR counts as a purchase towards the preferred status as well. So my footnote was somewhat incorrect. The point still stands though - there's absolutely no reason to buy SoR when you can get all three expansions cheaper, and 500 CC on top of it. And since that involves being a sub without credit cap for at least a month, you can buy the artifact equipment authorization with credits from the cartel market. Protip: level to 50 before subbing so you have more time to farm credits at endgame levels.

True, I forgot to consider that SoR counts as a purchase towards the preferred status as well. So my footnote was somewhat incorrect. The point still stands though - there's absolutely no reason to buy SoR when you can get all three expansions cheaper, and 500 CC on top of it. And since that involves being a sub without credit cap for at least a month, you can buy the artifact equipment authorization with credits from the cartel market. Protip: level to 50 before subbing so you have more time to farm credits at endgame levels.

More to the point, if you get to Pref by just buying SoR, I think you're still level-capped to 60, whereas getting KotFE by subscribing also gives you the full 65 cap.