The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware

Garchie

Its sad what has been done with the game. I understand that you people are trying to save the game from dieing, thinking if you made it more noob friendly fresh players will keep joining. But all you did was kill the game. Companions are so OP that they heal better then real live players. You made it so you ding 50 just buy doing story missions( witch defeats the purpose of the lvl 60 token and xp boost) and the players fail to learn there class rolls because of that. You made the game so easy that if you do die in anything other then a FP or an OP your ether drunk or retarded. And because of the sub class's EVERYONE thinks there DPS now. And the way Tactical Group Finder just "mashes" players together with no care to class roll. New player's have no idea what there class should be doing in a group. I actually did ALL my missions from lvl 22 to 65 with lvl 22 mods in. That's just gross. And friggin stuped .You dint have to do anything to the game to make it easer, people would of played it just because it was Starwars. And then you tell use we can put any gear on are companions we want now, and then give us 22 companions with no gear slots.Your trying to make the game easer for new people because you think fresh people will just keep coming in. And you obviously don't care about the veteran players. The veterans players are the ones giving you money. Not the 12 year old trying to dps in tank gear in a HM flashpoint. So Bioware, you killed the game all by your self. Edited by Garchie

Friendly reminder:

Use paragraphs!

This wall of text makes the eyes of every unfortunate soul, that stumbles upon this post, bleed and not just the eyes of the Bioware employees that you are apparently very mad at.

Edited by fovzwk

Its sad what has been done with the game. I understand that you people are trying to save the game from dieing, thinking if you made it more noob friendly fresh players will keep joining. But all you did was kill the game. Companions are so OP that they heal better then real live players. You made it so you ding 50 just buy doing story missions( witch defeats the purpose of the lvl 60 token and xp boost) and the players fail to learn there class rolls because of that. You made the game so easy that if you do die in anything other then a FP or an OP your ether drunk or retarded. And because of the sub class's EVERYONE thinks there DPS now. And the way Tactical Group Finder just "mashes" players together with no care to class roll. New player's have no idea what there class should be doing in a group. I actually did ALL my missions from lvl 22 to 65 with lvl 22 mods in. That's just gross. And friggin stuped .You dint have to do anything to the game to make it easer, people would of played it just because it was Starwars. And then you tell use we can put any gear on are companions we want now, and then give us 22 companions with no gear slots.Your trying to make the game easer for new people because you think fresh people will just keep coming in. And you obviously don't care about the veteran players. The veterans players are the ones giving you money. Not the 12 year old trying to dps in tank gear in a HM flashpoint. So Bioware, you killed the game all by your self.

A few things...

It's sad what has been done with the game. I understand that you people are trying to save the game from dying, thinking that if you made it more noob friendly, fresh players will keep joining, but all you did was kill the game. Companions are so OP that they heal better than real live players. You made it so you ding 50 just by doing story missions (which defeats the purpose of the lvl 60 token and xp boost) and the players fail to learn their class roles because of it.

You made the game so easy that if you do die in anything other then a FP or an OP you're either drunk or retarded. Because of the sub classes EVERYONE thinks they're DPS now. The way Tactical Group Finder just "mashes" players together with no care to class role. New player's have no idea what their class should be doing in a group.

I actually did ALL my missions from lvl 22 to 65 with lvl 22 mods in. That's just gross, and friggin stupid. You didn't have to do anything to the game to make it easier, people would of played it just because it is Star Wars. Then you tell us we can put any gear on our companions we want now, and then give us 22 companions with no gear slots.You're trying to make the game easier for new people because you think fresh people will just keep coming in. You obviously don't care about the veteran players. The veterans players are the ones giving you money, not the 12 year olds trying to dps in tank gear in a HM flashpoint. So Bioware, you killed the game all by yourselves.

"There" is for 'to go there".

"They're" is the contraction for "they are".

"Their" is the possessive pronoun for "they".

Never start a sentence with "and".

's is possessive, what you wanted to use was the plural form, which in that case would be "es". Classes.

"Roll" is used for "roll" of the dice;

"Role" is used for the "role" of a character.

"Than" is comparitive. As in, "I think he is better at it than her".

"Then" is used for time. As in, "I will be home by 9 o'clock, you can come over then."

"Our" is plural possessive for "we". "Are", on the other hand, is the present indicative of "be".

Also, group alike thoughts together in paragraphs.

I could spend more time on this one terrible post, but I will cut it short here. I've already spent 20 minutes on it. :D

Edited by QuiDonJorn

While the gentleman who posted the original post did have some spelling and grammatical errors, he does have a point.

I have been playing for some time now, and I have noticed (as have members of our Guild) that since 4.0 was released, there has been a noticeable drop in players online. Not just in the general game area, but in Guild participation as well. It makes me wonder, are all of these wonderful and exciting changes that are being presented to us by Bioware the cause of this exodus from the game? Some of the things I have noticed as of late:

Crafting: Bioware took the crafting portion of the game and completely blew it to pieces. They get rid of at least 20 crafting materials with 4.0, change the crafting process to add the need for Components (pre-crafted items required to even craft the end item), and took away completely some of the crafted items from certain Skills (I do Armstech, so I was not affected, but many other were). Now a few months later with the New Release, they are bringing in new level 9 materials, augments, and schematics to once again throw the crafting community into turmoil. Have these changes made the game better? Will there be new changes for each new Release? Are the changes responsible for causing many players who use the Artiface and Synthweaving skills to quit or change to a new Skill set?

PvE: Level-syncing may be great for some, but for many it is more of a pain in the backside than anything. A player works their way up through the levels, from 1 to 65, fighting off mob after mob, boss after boss, to eventually become a member of the Elder Game population. Bioware changed that so that a level 58 could go to Coruscant and help their level 12 friend and allow the level 12 friend to still get points...I get that. But just like they had a vendor on fleet where you could go turn off the "12x multiplier", they need to have a setting where you can choose to Turn Off the Level-Syncing. While you may not be able to help your buddy out as well, you can still enjoy the ability to go "Terminator" on mobs or, let them ignore you as in the past so you can get to where you want to go without hassle.

Has this change made people not want to go through the hassle? Honestly, I almost didn't renew my Subscription because the game was getting to be too much of a drudgery, I only renewed because I love the genre of the game.

Companions: Holy Cow! Where did all these people come from? It use to be that you only had to worry about trying to get a few people to Level 10 on the Companion Scale. Now, you have to get EVERYONE to level 50. At 17 companions (my current number) times 250,000 points (to get one of them to the new level 50), I have to get 4,250,000 points in Companion Gifts to get all of them to 50. This doesn't count the 4 main NPC's who get the boxes from the heroics. If you had raised a companion to FULL in the Pre-4.0 game, they should have been raised to a higher level afterwards. A companion that was at 100% before, ends up at only 20% after...Not really a good return for all the time, effort, and credits you put into them.

I am not a PvP, GSF, or Nightmare Ops player...not my bag. I just want to run around the galaxy, shoot bad guys, get some credits, and enjoy a game based on the premise of a movie I fell in love with 39 years ago. I thank Bioware for continuing to go to the effort to create new content. It keeps the game going and I hope brings new players to the game and makes old ones want to stick around. I just ask that they think about how much they are changing a game that before really didn't have any problems before they turn the universe upside down and give it a shake.

Flame my post if you wish, it really doesn't matter. They are just pixels on a screen. Just putting my 2 credits out there...

::Stepping off my soapbox::

Take Care and Check Six...

Sam Fargo

Batiatus/Batiatus Academy

This has been a planned expansion to the Story line that they seem to want to go.

The route they took seems farked up to say the least.

Did you folks not test this on a test sever even once?

It is a black eye to this game and Bio to have this long of an issue.

Next thing is .. sorry we broke the game go find another one??

Really did you mess up that bad that Eric is giving out random Cc codes?

Just add the CC to Everyone's mail and be done.

This should not and never should be a log in to check a code because BIO screwed up.

How disgraceful!

/canned response

Friendly reminder:

Use paragraphs!

This wall of text makes the eyes of every unfortunate soul, that stumbles upon this post, bleed and not just the eyes of the Bioware employees that you are apparently very mad at.

You also forgot to add that it makes people not want to read it either.

I certainly hope someone from EA/Bioware reads and comprehends what Sam_Fargo has posted as they hold merit. The changes made to this game do not seem to have the backing of the players. It feels as though EA/Bioware make changes to the game only to reverse those changes at a later point in time because they missed the mark yet again.

The update that was released yesterday has been plagued with problems some of which caused myself and my very good friend to stop playing. We're both subs, we both spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on games we love to play, we both try to be supportive of changes made to games, and SWTOR until recently was no exception to that. This latest update has been a disaster so far and while the majority of the game mechanics still function the intent behind the changes have not just fallen short, they are absent.

In particular for my own experience with this latest update, the crafting has only taken a turn for the worse. As an example, I looked at the level 65 gear for synthweaving and they still need components that I cannot get from jawas or missions. The prices of components such as a Strategic Resource Matrix is in general quite high on the GTN, the only place I seem to be able to get these outside of doing conquests. This makes getting a good quantity of these components rather difficult and it should be no wonder why there are so many "gold sellers" straight out advertising because people are forced to pay these crazy prices for components. This is just one of many examples of things that I feel are wrong.

My feeling on this is that each player has a different perspective of what game mechanics should be. I could probably write several pages of each game mechanic that I feel is lacking but I honestly should not have to since this should have been covered in play testing and a thorough QA process. The updates have only made game play out of balance by appeasing only certain players and not the overall gaming community. I'd love to know that my words will be read by EA/Bioware and action will be taken, but I've little confidence that it will. I'm so disappointed it's hard for me find a reason to keep supporting this game.

While the gentleman who posted the original post did have some spelling and grammatical errors, he does have a point.

I have been playing for some time now, and I have noticed (as have members of our Guild) that since 4.0 was released, there has been a noticeable drop in players online. Not just in the general game area, but in Guild participation as well. It makes me wonder, are all of these wonderful and exciting changes that are being presented to us by Bioware the cause of this exodus from the game? Some of the things I have noticed as of late:

Crafting: Bioware took the crafting portion of the game and completely blew it to pieces. They get rid of at least 20 crafting materials with 4.0, change the crafting process to add the need for Components (pre-crafted items required to even craft the end item), and took away completely some of the crafted items from certain Skills (I do Armstech, so I was not affected, but many other were). Now a few months later with the New Release, they are bringing in new level 9 materials, augments, and schematics to once again throw the crafting community into turmoil. Have these changes made the game better? Will there be new changes for each new Release? Are the changes responsible for causing many players who use the Artiface and Synthweaving skills to quit or change to a new Skill set?

PvE: Level-syncing may be great for some, but for many it is more of a pain in the backside than anything. A player works their way up through the levels, from 1 to 65, fighting off mob after mob, boss after boss, to eventually become a member of the Elder Game population. Bioware changed that so that a level 58 could go to Coruscant and help their level 12 friend and allow the level 12 friend to still get points...I get that. But just like they had a vendor on fleet where you could go turn off the "12x multiplier", they need to have a setting where you can choose to Turn Off the Level-Syncing. While you may not be able to help your buddy out as well, you can still enjoy the ability to go "Terminator" on mobs or, let them ignore you as in the past so you can get to where you want to go without hassle.

Has this change made people not want to go through the hassle? Honestly, I almost didn't renew my Subscription because the game was getting to be too much of a drudgery, I only renewed because I love the genre of the game.

Companions: Holy Cow! Where did all these people come from? It use to be that you only had to worry about trying to get a few people to Level 10 on the Companion Scale. Now, you have to get EVERYONE to level 50. At 17 companions (my current number) times 250,000 points (to get one of them to the new level 50), I have to get 4,250,000 points in Companion Gifts to get all of them to 50. This doesn't count the 4 main NPC's who get the boxes from the heroics. If you had raised a companion to FULL in the Pre-4.0 game, they should have been raised to a higher level afterwards. A companion that was at 100% before, ends up at only 20% after...Not really a good return for all the time, effort, and credits you put into them.

I am not a PvP, GSF, or Nightmare Ops player...not my bag. I just want to run around the galaxy, shoot bad guys, get some credits, and enjoy a game based on the premise of a movie I fell in love with 39 years ago. I thank Bioware for continuing to go to the effort to create new content. It keeps the game going and I hope brings new players to the game and makes old ones want to stick around. I just ask that they think about how much they are changing a game that before really didn't have any problems before they turn the universe upside down and give it a shake.

Flame my post if you wish, it really doesn't matter. They are just pixels on a screen. Just putting my 2 credits out there...

::Stepping off my soapbox::

Take Care and Check Six...

Sam Fargo

Batiatus/Batiatus Academy

Yes, your right. And thank you, at lest someone else see's that im trying to point something out to Bioware. And not trying to win an A for a grammar test . But sorry if it was a bit harsh, it was a bad grouping day.

Edited by Garchie