Found and Reported a Bug with Heroic Missions

SFCJames

Hello,

Found by game crashing on me. Heroic Missions on Hoth and Coruscant bug with main Map window. Opening the main map window and placing your cursor over the Heroic Mission Area Icon will cause your game to crash. :sul_embarrassed:

Notified Tech support and they said it was my system and I needed to update and read the forum.

I replicated this error/bug with several of my characters on several planets...just trying to heroic missions and not having any heroic missions. Every time, it was the Heroic Mission Area Icon on the main map window that caused the crash.

I found out that Customer Service knows about the Bug and that they are planning to fix it with an update. No time table as to when they will fix it though.

Whatever you do, do not follow the instructions about deleting anything from the STWOR program files. This will lead to bigger issues. I followed someone's post and had to reinstall the entire game.

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

I've heard that this is a common problem for those running the game in a Windows emulator on a Linux system. Something about the way they implemented something related to mousing over any sort of area mission indicator on the map (ie any mission that says to do something within a general area rather than directing you to a specific spot) coincidentally happens to set off Linux system commands under those operating conditions, and so the system freaks out and shuts the game down.