The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Known Bug doing Heroic Mission on Hoth & Coruscant!!!!

SFCJames

Hello All,

After going around and around with the Tech people. I finally was able to get someone to admit that there is a Bug in the system. Took about three days, but yes...there is a bug where you are trying to do Heroic Missions.

I found out the hard way when my game started to crash. With a little experimentation, I found (at least on Hoth and Coruscant) if you open up your main Map Window and place your cursor over the Heroic Mission Area Icon...the game crashes.

Like I said, it took three days and a lot of updates on several tickets for someone to admit that there is a "BUG"...but at least they are talking about fixing it in the next update. :eek:

And it was Customer Service that was honest to admit it. I'm still getting emails from "Mark" in Tech Support saying that I should check the Forums for fixes.

The last time I followed his advice, I wound up having to contact customer service because one of the 'fixes' totally screwed up my connection to the game (had to reinstall the whole darn game).

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Now to wait for the next (hopefully soon) update with the promised fix to the bug