Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

I hope all you posting your referral codes over and over realize that the code will be classified as spam and you wont get any credit for it. In fact there is a good chance your account will be banned for a week.

Leave it to EA/BW to screw up a patch release. Scrubs. Can't wait til EA goes under. Worst game company EVER! Wish they didn't own Star Wars... .maybe Blizzard should buy it, at least it will be taken care of.

Why not? The game's already World of Wookies, with better writing...

Edited by Edabass

Leave it to EA/BW to screw up a patch release. Scrubs. Can't wait til EA goes under. Worst game company EVER! Wish they didn't own Star Wars... .maybe Blizzard should buy it, at least it will be taken care of.

What, you think YOU could do better?

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

I hope all you posting your referral codes over and over realize that the code will be classified as spam and you wont get any credit for it. In fact there is a good chance your account will be banned for a week.

Wasn't that from Farcry?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/732/170/796.jpg

Hey folks!

I have some updated information. We have a possible fix which we are now moving to test fully on the live servers. Best case scenario, the servers are live within an hour! That means that the next time you hear from me will be an update on the current status of the fix, or that the servers are live.

-eric

Good news, thank you...

Can you please let someone know about the runaway referral links being posted? I would like to see a follow up in a few days letting everyone know what was done about it and that bans and removal of clicks happened.

I follow the rules, everyone else should as well.

So is the login service unavailable for everyone at this point, or just me?

I broke the launcher trying to fix "Network Error While Downloading Patch Data. Retrying (301)", and I'm unsure about whether my launcher is fine now that I've repaired it... aaaaand then I have to patch. The petches were so quick before BW forced this streaming launcher on us =\

this is ridiculous really i want to come from work and gym to have some time playing my merc and gathering the artifact boxes and then this......... very ridiculous and this is too suspicious as well, they said from 1pm to 5pm but then right on 5pm they put it been extended ********! more like i cant be *** to let our subs play so lets try to get them off it.

**** you devs put it on now!

Agreed. Too many moving parts to just "fix" it. Nothing is that simple and too many tests that need to be run before put into production.

I used to program. A quest can take hundreds if not thousands of lines of code depending on the length of it. With the length of the chapters to date I would say that it would be closer to the thousands. Give them time. I am not saying that a nice present from Bioware would not be welcome. I did joke about it earlier. But guys and gals I am sure that you have better things to do than to troll these forums. If not, I feel very very sorry for you.

I won't complain about anything related to the newest epic fail of bioware or the fact that in about 10 minutes the 9th is over.

Just one question at all you here who DO complain:

How much money do you sink in the f**king cartel packs as soon as the servers may be back online to get the poor excuse for "we put it in the cartel pack because the rest in it suxx" Emo Ren sword without sidep**nis?

I'am curious

Better Roll back to 4.04.

Then isolate and patch the Problem on internal Test-Servers, and patch the Live-Servers only if you cannot find anything internally.

And all Bonues will start on the Day where Chapter 10 starts. (Headstart and stuff)

THIS.

It's probably you who should be working in BW, not the current dev team.

I mean, that's like basics of version control. Normally it's done in but a flip of some variable pointing at the current revision. It's not like one has to go through all the databases and spend hours to purge terabytes of data from all the live servers, no, you just set live servers to older revision (which is not backed up to other servers on the patch day, lol) and tell update servers to check in not with the latest update, but with the older version, too.

Don't tell me game servers and update servers in SW:TOR are actually merged :D