Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt they will get this fixed in the next hour. Judging by the bugs that went on over the holidays, if this is not fixed by EoB it will not be worked on thru the night. They will just pick this up in the morning.

I don't think that'll be the case. Even over the holidays when servers crashed, folks were paged out to get it back up and running.

At this point, it probably would have been better to rollback and try again next week

Scotch tape of for non-commercial uses.

This is a commercial business. They need the big stuff!

DUCT TAPE.

Duct tape fixes everything.

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I have some updated information. We have a possible fix which we are now moving to test fully on the live servers. Best case scenario, the servers are live within an hour! That means that the next time you hear from me will be an update on the current status of the fix, or that the servers are live.

-eric

pssst. heya m8,

Early access is the 9th and 10th.

All others is February 11th.

your compensation will be an abacus.

Is that popcorn buttered?

thx m8.

I was hoping subs would get only 2 days of a headstart on f2p ers and preferred.

Um you should read through the forum and then read my response again...i think you missed something...like my point...im not asking for compensation im loling at the morons who are. And it is the 9th where im from and subbed so yeah im sitting here waiting like everybody else....as for the butter, is there any other way to have popcorn?

I don't usually post on the forums but...

Now, what I'm wondering about is that, if they didn't post an actual time window for when the servers would be down and up. If they would of just said "We will be starting maint. at 9AM and we will update when the servers are back online and ready." would people be still crying and getting mad? That way these players would not have something to compare to and trip about people are so demanding, FYI yes I'm a sub and been playing SWTOR since closed beta. I also love the fact how some people say: "Fix that f**** one line of code or do a roll back and start the servers." etc. etc. I dare belive most of you have no damn clue how complex a game is, how adding or changing a lot of new things to it can affect everything. It isn't about 1 line of code, trust me if it was, the people that work there would have fixed it minutes after the first time they tried to boot the servers up. Sometimes things just conflict, and findig what is the cause and fixing it may take a hell of alot more then 1 line of code. A single and simple quest could be easily 80-100 lines of code.

People need to calm their **** down.

Hey folks!

I have some updated information. We have a possible fix which we are now moving to test fully on the live servers. Best case scenario, the servers are live within an hour! That means that the next time you hear from me will be an update on the current status of the fix, or that the servers are live.

-eric

If everything goes according to plan, HOORAY!! :D

I am not blameing or atacking anyone,,I just wana stuff to work. Dont u have test servers?

yes, tor does have a test server.

it works so well, we went almost 2 months before they decided we had an EXPLOIT in one of the new operations which shall remain nameless , ahem RAVAGERS, right RED ECLIPSE server. :D

Hey folks!

-eric

Woohoo an ETA! spread some codes around with the good news :D

Yes abuse is uncalled for, the only frustration I am really experiencing is because it is the only day off that I have to play. Yes I think maybe a double xp weekend or game time would be a nice way for them to make this up to us but I have nothing to complain about when it comes to the customer service that I have gotten.

I agree. I've always gotten good service from BioWare, and the fact that they are fixing this now instead of when a million players have encountered the issue, is better, as the alternative is a rollback. I'm a sub. I don't care about the early access time (or the endless referral codes). I just want the game working right.

Hey folks!

-eric

Woohoo!

#1 - EU players need to shut up. It's equally bad for everyone, you're not special. The game is down which means NOBODY is playing but "oh poor me over in Europe, I deserve special treatment"...No, You Don't. US players sub too and we're suffering just like you. Nobody cares where you live.

#2 - ************ isn't getting the servers up any faster, shut up. In fact, the devs should go through the forums and punish those of you that talk **** by making you wait an extra day before you can get back in game just for being a dick.

#3 - These things happen. As many before me have said, are any of you ignorant enough to truly believe patching the game in a major way is going to be smooth and without any issues? How long have you been gaming for?? I remember My first MMO....

#4 - Yea it sucks, but I'll just patiently sit around and wait for the servers to bounce back because eventually they will.

I am special and it's during EU prime time that patches happen, not during US prime time, anyone with half a brain can understand that. You did not raise any point to your cause, infact you only made me think less of people on your side of the ocean.

Love the game, hope it gets fixed soon but I've learned my lesson - no playing on patchday.

<3

Tom Clancy's The Division will be released soon, so you all wont have to put up with this crap much longer.....

And when this game ALSO has the same exact occasional glitches as any other MMO in existence, what game will you be hyping then?

Hey folks!

-eric

You got 26 minutes till Feb 9 ends in Germany!

Hey folks!

-eric

Thanks /eagerly waiting