Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I would suggest all who share similar concerns contact Disney. They have a feedback section where you can post your concerns regarding the game and BioWare.

I believe that to be the best solution since BioWare is damaging their Brand and they may not be aware of it.

actually, it's EA damaging the brand, all BioWare does is generate the new content. EA is in charge of deployment and customer service . . .

Ah my sweet summer child.

A few hours versus queues for days.

A few hours versus not being able to log on because the servers are goinking out completely.

A few hours versus not being able to hand quests in because every fecker is there trying to do it.

You know nothing.

:jawa_biggrin: reminds me of launch days

I kind of feel bad for the employees. They probably worked pretty hard to get this thing ready and now this is happening. If you look at the time it's almost 8pm PST which means they haven't gone home yet. They are missing dinner while we complain that a video game is down. It sucks for everyone. I hope we get compensated, sure; but I really hope that THEY get compensated.

All the moaning on here is actually quite enjoyable to read. In the 4 years that SWTOR has been out, how many times have the servers been offline for an extended period? Think back over all that time and, you will find, that it hasn't happened all that often at all.

You'd all be the first to complain if you logged in and it was so bugged that you couldn't play. They haven't taken it offline for ***** and giggles, they've taken it offline to fix the issues so that we can play the game! Is that a crime suddenly?

These things happen quite often, especially in MMO's when nothing will ever be perfect because it's an ever changing environment. At least they are communicating with us and telling their customers the situation and why the servers offline, unlike another major MMO company who have been known to take servers offline for DAYS without a single word of apology to their subs.

Thank you! The servers are down for a reason, and that is to make sure everything is up to standard frankly extended down time is the lesser evil when compared to situations that may arise if they just left potentially game breaking errors in, when you think of how inconvenienced you are think of how long it takes the maintenance teams to look through thousands of lines of code to find an error that could be nothing more than one misplaced line, because that is literally all it takes to cause major problems.

Right? So many expect compensation when the maint (or anything else for that matter) doesn't go as planned. Adapt and move on, play some Battlefront or watch some TV, catch up on Arrow or something. It happens.
to be fair at this point its far beyond maintenance not going to plan. its now 5 hours past expected duration.

Unlike other MMO's we don't pay for game time (as it's F2P), we pay for subscriber advantages early access being a big part of that.

If you think early access is a "big" part of why people sub, you're delusional. How often does the opportunity for "early access" to content even occur? Not very. And so what? You saw something two days before the teeming masses.

Cows go Moo just fyi

This whole thread is very entertaining. I work in the gaming industry and can tell you that the whole team at Bioware are working their butts off. The process of launching major patches is a pain and debugging every possible issue even with extensive QA is hard. While I agree that just in a form of good faith and appreciation it would be nice for them to give out some coins or something as it costs them nothing. There is really no need for this much hate. I'd also love to have been playing today, but stuff happens and I'm glad the team is actually working to resolve the issue and not just saying **** it.

Agreed, most users who complain about this stuff, have no idea the amount of work that goes into making these games. They'll get it done, and we'll enjoy what they make. When people are ungrateful of the work you do, honestly, I would be less inclined to bend over backwards for them.

Well, BW, and everybody else who says "Every MMO has problems"...you're not okay in your heads. Problems shouldn't be treated like that. It's PROBLEMS, gosh darn it!

And the there's solution for this "extended maintenance time" problem: multiply scheduled time for maintenance by 2. Then at least you'll have some extra time to check if everything works fine, to try to repair everything NOT working fine and if you're done earlier, then it'd be such a surprise to suddenly say "oh, guys, we're done sooner than expected', and everyone will applaud you! Purrfect, isn't it?

BTW, http://www.swtor.com/r/MbRTwG, if you don't mind. Thanks!

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

this problem with the servers is a real problem i took the day off to play this game and now i have wasted today

Alright folks, it as almost an hour later. I checked in with the team and unfortunately I don't have a ton of new information to report. We are still very actively testing solutions in an effort to get the servers online as soon as possible.

I will check back in an hour and pass on any and all updates that I have. We apologize again for the unexpected additional downtime!

-eric

Thanks for the update, Eric. Is it "safe" to start patching at this time, or do you recommend we wait until all the current issues are resolved?