The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is very simple, we do not hate Bioware. They made promises and they cannot deliver.

1. Early access to subs - NOT really an option anymore, since we cannot play

2. This kind of issues has to be tested in the closed environment and NOT tested on LIVE servers.

3. EU time is blocked for the entire day, NOBODY on EU can play this game, we have lost a day paid for nothing.

4. I have not seen any compensations for these mistakes, made by BioWare and not by us. Players pay a service which needs to be available.

There are more points which I can point but I think this is enough for the moment.

Wonder if people would whine a lot less if you actually gave an over estimate of your down times. Five hours down time? Double it! Then people will be all so happy and cheerful if you actually bring the servers live before ten hours has rolled by - big 'IF' on that one though.

So what do we get for waiting all day for Bioware to fix the FAIL that everyone knew was coming.

You get a very boring day.... :) Welcome to the world of MMO patching.... It's common among every MMO in existence, and pointless to complain about. What's hilarious, and keeping me quite entertained, is reading through this forum.

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

I have waited twenty thousand years, but I will wait no longer

You are funny. Compensation? what $0.50 or so? Who determines what it is? if you let players decide we all would be getting free mounts, cartel coins, tokens and a month sub time and more. What if you were one of the people that actually worked during the day and wasn't even playing anyways? Do they get compensated for working during the day? How does it get managed? Ever think of the ramifications? Paying out a small amount of money even in credits to a HUGE player base does not make sense from a business model. Only if it was something truly broken and affected the playing experience more than having people wait. Yes we have to wait. Read the agreements you signed when you agreed to play this game. Yes we are paying for the game but that doesn't give us carte blanche to demand anything we want.

Once they open the door for compensation it is impossible to close and sets the bar. Anytime a problem happens the greedy players will start whining "I want compensation because you gave it last time".. and for what? It will be something trivial most likely. Forums will get all crazy again with people demanding credits and such because the precedent was set. Lets not go down this path.

What about the f2p (free to play) people that can't even log onto the game and play without the non-patch content? Or the subs who are not eligible for the new content till later this week? Is the free to play people to get compensated as well? See my point? We are all in the same boat but you don't see free to play people whining on the forums about this.

Yes we have to wait. Deal with it.

Sir, you must represent the mindless masses....sound the trumpet for biofail!!!

Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Thanks for informing us of whats going on with the update delay.

I dont expect compensation, but what I find more troubling is a AAA development company, that doesn't bother with minimum quality control. To where something as obvious as making sure an alliance alert mission was completed.

I think it's more an issue that an uncompleted mission was available to the players than that the mission was uncompleted to begin with.

Hey Devs,

Don't fret none.

This FAILED Maintenance Fail POINT 1 starting on time will NEVER, EVER, touch all the BS every player whoever played EVE ONLINE had to go through and still goes through for Eve's daily maintenance GARBAGE and EXpansion patches.

in the immortal words of some rapper named M C Hammer : "You Can't touch This!"

Cheer up now and compensate all subscribers with 1 free hypercrate of the new pack today.

Merry Christmas

Hey folks,

-eric

So, who broke the build? He/She should be confined to the Sarlak pit :)

Hey folks,

-eric

goes to show you guys get away with delays all the time how about rewarding us for this delay on the fact its your fault we still have to pay even on days we don't play ill take some cartel coins as payment maybe a free month

This ridiculous. We spend our money on your products to be denied access to them due to the incompetency of the staff there. Don't release a product that isn't finished and tested while making promises of "Early Access".

another time so called EARLY ACCESS :ph_great_update:

no compensation or any bonus as usual for our pays and their fails

Edited by _Neuro_

I keep getting Network error 310, tried the one fix i found on here and it gave me network error 311.. the patch is stuck at 1gb remaining. any ideas?

I received the same error. My guess is with the servers and network down, the patch cannot download.