Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

we spotted another potential issue and are bringing the servers back into maintenance

are you f*cking kidding me? you bring down the servers after 2:30 hours extended maintenance for a POTENTIAL issue?!

geez.. at least tell us what the damned issue is

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love seeing so many armchair quarterbacks that only play video games and have never ACTUALLY worked on a Server or Rolling out an application or a game server. Do you want it to work right or not? We dont have to like it but theres nothing to be done. You hate BW and EA. Go game some place else for your star wars content. Otherwise, quit giving the guys grief and doubling their stress, you'll just make more crap break and take longer.

You win the thread, sir.

(Seriously, I've given up on the 'if you can't do a better job, ****' speeches, but good to see others who haven't stopped fighting that good fight)

I love seeing so many armchair quarterbacks that only play video games and have never ACTUALLY worked on a Server or Rolling out an application or a game server. Do you want it to work right or not? We dont have to like it but theres nothing to be done. You hate BW and EA. Go game some place else for your star wars content. Otherwise, quit giving the guys grief and doubling their stress, you'll just make more crap break and take longer.

Erm, I've spent my career doing network and server ops. Stuff happens, sure, but when it happens consistently, there's a problem in the process. And when paying customers are involved....

are you f*cking kidding me? you bring down the servers after 2:30 hours extended maintenance for a POTENTIAL issue?!

nearly 3 hours actually ... supposed to end 6PM for me now is 8.30PM :)

Edited by shammancz
typo

I'm willing to bet a few dozen people cancelled their subscriptions for ABSOLUTELY no other reason than, they were unable to dress Lana and Senya in slave/dancer outfits. Which Bioware (not to mention a very large number of players, including, I'll bet, nearly all women players) consider an extremely disrespectful and arrogant thing to do with central NPC's of the expansion. Even more so with Lana than Senya, because Lana has practically been *THE* central NPC of the game going all the way back to the Forged Alliances patch in RotHC.

If it were my decision, those two outfits never would have existed in the game, but that's another argument altogether.

problem is the slave/dancer outfit is iconic for the series so sorry but you have to live with it at least its not as bad as the original bastila shan outfit

Oh yeah Bioware just some small piece of advice which people all over the world in every MMO forum are giving for the last 10 years concerning the usual maintenance issues every MMO seems to have even though not one single company just like you right now is or will ever listen to it:

Tell us whats going on, makes stuff 419240% less annoying.

suggestionposter *41247818293

http://i.imgur.com/wW1dH66.gif?noredirect

If they give out cartel coins at the end of the month why have i been getting them on the 8th, 6th, 3rd, 1st going from Jan, Dec, Nov, Oct?

Because its not at the beginning or end of the month. Its whenever your subscription re-ups.

Meh, I am in Europe and it's passed 8h30 pm now so our raid night is cancelled and it's going to be interesting to see if my early access will indeed start today on the 9th at all...

but at the same time, this is life and stuff goes wrong in life...there's nothing wrong with a little self-restraint and commenting with a bit more sense.

I'm not happy about it either but it's not like something really horrible has happened. It's just a delay in a computer game in the end.

Meh, I am in Europe and it's passed 8h30 pm now so our raid night is cancelled and it's going to be interesting to see if my early access will indeed start today on the 9th at all...

but at the same time, this is life and stuff goes wrong in life...there's nothing wrong with a little self-restraint and commenting with a bit more sense.

I'm not happy about it either but it's not like something really horrible has happened. It's just a delay in a computer game in the end.

early access is for subs?

Those who were able to log in, saw the truth. There was no new content at all. And the chapter X: Coming Soon quest was gone. Also, we had no access to our Odessen base. I also noticed that companions were not sorted by influence. I couldn't check more as we got kicked out of the server a few minutes afterwards.

Hey folks,

I spoke too soon. As we were bringing the servers up we spotted another potential issue and are bringing the servers back into maintenance mode to look into it.

I will let you know more details as I have them.

-eric

What is the ETA?

Yeah you are right. But they should say whats going on. This waiting because of WHO KNOWS WHAT for like at least WHO KNOWS HOW LONG is kinda annoying.

They could at least tell us that a burning dog ran into the building or that the cleaning lady stole the servers...whatever.

Those who were able to log in, saw the truth. There was no new content at all. And the chapter X: Coming Soon quest was gone. Also, we had no access to our Odessen base. I also noticed that companions were not sorted by influence. I couldn't check more as we got kicked out of the server a few minutes afterwards.

keep in mind that that may have been the "Potential issue" Eric was referring to.