With the credits inflation in the last years isn't it time to raise credit cap?

MiguelGx

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caps should follow the inflation.

Independly of the reasons people are free players, the inflation degrade their experience with time.

Now they cannot purchase pass from the gtn anymore, so fewer will be for sale and less free to play people will be able to join operations and warzones.

Eh. Not really. I don't use it unless it's mostly to complain about in-game issues.

IOW, " I don't use it, except when I use it."

I suggest you look up the definition of the word "ironic." It's not a perfect fit for your situation, but it's pretty close.

Independly of the reasons people are free players, the inflation degrade their experience with time.

A "degraded" playing experience comes with the non-subscriber territory.

Edited by branmakmuffin

IOW, " I don't use it, except when I use it."

I suggest you look up the definition of the word "ironic." It's not a perfect fit for your situation, but it's pretty close.

A "degraded" playing experience comes with the non-subscriber territory.

Your comments are not helpful in this post. If you are just coming on here to degrade people and run your mouth instead of posting about the OPs topic then you really shouldn't be posting in this thread. They need an ignore for the forum like they do in the chat I tell you.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Your comments are not helpful in this post. If you are just coming on here to degrade people and run your mouth instead of posting about the OPs topic

Read my first post. It was about the OP's topic. There is nothing to add to the topic other than "Raising the F2P/Preferred cap is totally unneeded."

They need an ignore for the forum like they do in the chat I tell you.

There is one. Use it in good health.

Ah okay now that we have some content here I can speak my opinion. While I do think that f2ps and preferred should have restrictions like they do such as limited medical probes, etc., the credit restriction is one I actually do not agree with.

A lot of f2p are minors who have parents that will not allow them to buy a subscription or Cartel Coins so they lose out on a lot of the Cartel Market items that they may want but can't get because their parent's won't let them. Now this isn't their fault. We as a community here cannot control what their parents do but I think that removing the credit restriction is something that should be done. I don't see how it would hurt the game any to remove that because as I mentioned they are restricted in other areas where we as subscribers are not. We have an unlimited use of the Fleet pass, we have unlimited medical probs, we can get to lvl 65 where as f2ps or preferred cannot, we can post on the forum, etc. the list of restrictions on both is long and I think letting up on the credit restriction is a decent compromise especially with prices of Cartel Market items on the GTN, including currently available Cartel Market items which go over their restricted limit.

Now since EA cannot put a credit limit on the GTN then some type of compromise has to be made here. So getting rid of the credit limit is to me not a big deal when compared to all their other restrictions.

You ignore the fact that the credit cap(s) are probably the single biggest incentive to sub.

Have you not seen all the posts on these forums by subcribers stating that if there were not credit cap, or even an "eased up" credit cap, they would likely drop their subs and go preferred?

With as many restrictions preferred and F2P have that can be permanently unlocked for a pittance, I think the credit cap should remain exactly as it is.

If those minors cannot get that new shiny they want because Mommy and Daddy won't let them subscribe or buy them CC's, guess what? They can't get it. Boo Hoo.

If that minor wants that new shiny, then he can go mow some lawns, deliver papers or find some other type of part time job to earn the money to subscribe and/or purchase CC's. They do not have to rely on Mommy and Daddy handouts.

No one is entitled to everything in the game simply because they log in.

Or even half as much. Doesn't really answer my question, though, does it (assuming the situation even applies to you)?

I'll take it that you have never been enlightened as to what the meaning of sarcasm is. :p Sorry but no the situation doesn't apply to me because I love the game, however, I am here on the forums to help my fellow players and share my thoughts about the good things in this game and also the problems that need to be fixed and addressed. :D

You didn't read. the experience is degraded with time because of the inflation

I can repost the exact same thing, but I don't think it will help. But here it is anyway, slightly reworded:

A degraded playing experience goes with being a non-subscriber. If someones does not like the limitations and "degradations" of F2P/Preferred, the solution is staring them in the face every time they log on.

Raising the credit cap without removing it sounds like a good idea. If the credit cap is the only thing keeping someone subbed, they are already on their way out of the door. That's a restriction, not an incentive.

The F2P/Preferred limitations are, indeed, restrictions. We all already know that. Again, if someone does not like those restrictions, they can subscribe to avoid them. And if the lack of a cred cap is indeed the only thing keeping a given player subscribing, then it's obviously working as intended (for that player).

Edited by branmakmuffin

Now they cannot purchase pass from the gtn anymore, so fewer will be for sale and less free to play people will be able to join operations and warzones.

There is nothing wrong with that.

If you like the game enough to play, then SUBSCRIBE/

You ignore the fact that the credit cap(s) are probably the single biggest incentive to sub.

Have you not seen all the posts on these forums by subcribers stating that if there were not credit cap, or even an "eased up" credit cap, they would likely drop their subs and go preferred?

With as many restrictions preferred and F2P have that can be permanently unlocked for a pittance, I think the credit cap should remain exactly as it is.

If those minors cannot get that new shiny they want because Mommy and Daddy won't let them subscribe or buy them CC's, guess what? They can't get it. Boo Hoo.

If that minor wants that new shiny, then he can go mow some lawns, deliver papers or find some other type of part time job to earn the money to subscribe and/or purchase CC's. They do not have to rely on Mommy and Daddy handouts.

Wow! Heartless... Honestly I think a lot of us forget how it was being a kid. My parent's sure as heck would never give me the money for an MMO nor would they have allowed me to have one of these pre-paid debit cards, which are a waste of money if you ask me, but then of course I'm one of those people who thinks that if you pay for something you should get what you want out of it but at the same time I'm not a heartless person who thinks that we shouldn't think about those less fortunate then ourselves.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Eh. Not really. I don't use it unless it's mostly to complain about in-game issues. Other then that I don't spend a lot of time trying to post on the forum.

Don't you mean, that you only really use it to complain about the Reven sets not being essentially handed to you?

You refuse to farm credits to purchase those sets from the GTN, and you demand that BW make them available for direct purchase for a pittance.

I think that if a restriction is the best feature a game provides that is weak game and marketing design. A good game will sell itself or will have a good reputation from its players and be highly recommended to other gamers. That is what I think BW doesn't understand they think putting a restriction on people is marketing genius. It's nothing more than laziness and idiocy when there is so many things they can give to subs to single out other players if they really put effort into it. Just look at Rockstar's games and as an example GTA V is a game that SELLS ITSELF.

I think that if a restriction is the best feature a game provides that is weak game and marketing design. A good game will sell itself or will have a good reputation from its players and be highly recommended to other gamers. That is what I think BW doesn't understand they think putting a restriction on people is marketing genius. It's nothing more than laziness and idiocy when there is so many things they can give to subs to single out other players if they really put effort into it. Just look at Rockstar's games and as an example GTA V is a game that SELLS ITSELF.

When does the squirrelballzMMO hit the market? Show us all how it's done.

This.

That's a restriction, not an incentive.
In other words, it's working as intended. If the credit cap is the only thing keeping a player subbed, the last thing that makes sense is raising the cap so they can unsub. I half expect someone to post suggesting we eliminate the cap altogether under the banner of "If you love something set it free. If it comes back it's yours. If not, it was never meant to be." I'd rather keep those who would unsub if not for the cap ... more specifically, their money ... in their metaphorical cage.

I'll take it that you have never been enlightened as to what the meaning of sarcasm is. :p Sorry but no the situation doesn't apply to me because I love the game, however, I am here on the forums to help my fellow players and share my thoughts about the good things in this game and also the problems that need to be fixed and addressed[//I]. :D

Which do NOT include the credit cap(s).

I really don't see an issue, sell a cap increase on GTN, BW makes money, doesn't hurt anyone playing the game.

I find it funny that the F2P unlocks that are currently available go for 2x+ on the GTN than the current 300k cap. :p

I find it funny that the F2P unlocks that are currently available go for 2x+ on the GTN than the current 300k cap. :p
As I understand things, that's because players who are currently subbed buy them so they can then cancel their subs and still access their wealth.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.