Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

With the credits inflation in the last years isn't it time to raise credit cap?

MiguelGx

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ^

The restriction removal comes with a sub. Do that. More free isn't going to keep this game running any better than it already is.

The problem is that now that they have so many subscribers thanks to the film they are caring even less about the state of the game, we have never had so many bugs, broken events and lack of communication since KOTFE and SW VII ;)

Edited by MiguelGx

Seeing as MiguelGx is a sub, making the suggestion to get a subscription is pretty much moot as only subs can post in the forum, so my question is why bring that up? Just saying... Or are we talking about the credit restriction on f2p? Edited by DarthEnrique

Seeing as MiguelGx is a sub, making the suggestion to get a subscription is pretty much moot as only subs can post in the forum, so my question is why bring that up? Just saying... Or are we talking about the credit restriction on f2p?
No more moot than the OP's suggestion to raise the credit cap. As a sub, the cap does not apply to him. I assumed he raised the issue either (a) on behalf of friends or (b) wanting to increase the cap before he cancels his sub. Either way, the response to sub is appropriate. The OP can pass that advice onto his friends, or embrace it himself and keep his sub (whatever fits the reason he posted this).

Seeing as MiguelGx is a sub, making the suggestion to get a subscription is pretty much moot as only subs can post in the forum, so my question is why bring that up? Just saying... Or are we talking about the credit restriction on f2p?

Yes, the OP is a subscriber NOW, but for how much longer will he remain a subscriber, especially if BW were to "ease up" on the credit caps and raise the credit caps for preferred and F2P?

I speak not about any one particular person, but it seems that many want the credit cap "eased" or removed so they can drop to preferred and NOT continue to sub.

Honestly I'd be ok with this as long as it is something reasonable like 350k for f2p and 700k for preferred. I also think there should be a 24,000 cartel coin unlock for a permanent cap unlock. If Bioware wants to give more exclusivity to it's subs they can give better subscription rewards and etc. I know alot of people will disagree with me but in my opinion if people are willing to pay 200 dollars for the unlock there is plenty of money to be made by EA/BW.

The problem is that now that they have so many subscribers thanks to the film they are caring even less about the state of the game, we have never had so many bugs, broken events and lack of communication since KOTFE and SW VII ;)

Where are these people you speak of? Because they aren't in the game. They *might* have been in game the first few days of KotFE and they *might* have played over Christmas .... but they have been gone for about a month.

Honestly I'd be ok with this as long as it is something reasonable like 350k for f2p and 700k for preferred. I also think there should be a 24,000 cartel coin unlock for a permanent cap unlock. If Bioware wants to give more exclusivity to it's subs they can give better subscription rewards and etc. I know alot of people will disagree with me but in my opinion if people are willing to pay 200 dollars for the unlock there is plenty of money to be made by EA/BW.

If you want the credit cap removed, then SUBSCRIBE.

Don't forget that not all CC's are purchased, so your "$200" figure is meaningless.

Even if BW were to offer a 24,000 CC unlock, some players would be able to pay that within a few months using nothing but refer a friend CC's.

No more moot than the OP's suggestion to raise the credit cap. As a sub, the cap does not apply to him. I assumed he raised the issue either (a) on behalf of friends or (b) wanting to increase the cap before he cancels his sub. Either way, the response to sub is appropriate. The OP can pass that advice onto his friends, or embrace it himself and keep his sub (whatever fits the reason he posted this).

It's just because obviusly all our guilds are loosing good people thanks to the excelent managment of the game, saying that the game is better than before is a very bad lie no player that it has been playing the game during so much time would believe.

In my guild for example that people were very loyal gamers and since I know them they were always subbed, so now that the game isn't offering the content they want, they try not to leave it, but unsub as a protest to make the devs taking care for our suggestions and end this poor management that has been hurting the comunity so much once for all.

Sadly, having better games in the market and new ones coming too compared to the current state of the game, they consider that the cap on Prefered players is very oppresive, much more if we even consider how many time they were subbed for this game (most of the people I know in this situation are founders like me, but with this I'm talking for all the people that feels like me).

So the situation now is that they're massively moving to other games and I feel very sad seeing people that had so much fun with the game leaving it because of the people that should improve the game instead of killing it with bugs, broken events and lack of comunication.

Don't forget that they're a big part of the players that are leaving along with their entire friends group, guilds, etc. Without them having interest never more in the game, like it or not, we're all losing.

Edited by MiguelGx

If you want the credit cap removed, then SUBSCRIBE.

Don't forget that not all CC's are purchased, so your "$200" figure is meaningless.

Even if BW were to offer a 24,000 CC unlock, some players would be able to pay that within a few months using nothing but refer a friend CC's.

They want people to sub. You can do it by giving real perks to subs that make them feel they are receiving something genuinely exclusive and not just fluff, or by making f2p and pref a miserable existence.

Obviously they chose the latter. Of course plenty of people can get the unlock through referrals so if they want they can make it an exclusive code that can only be bought online and applied through the code redemption, like a game time card.

Edited by squirrelballz

It's just because obviusly all our guilds are loosing good people thanks to the excelent managment of the game, saying that the game is better than before is a very bad lie no player that it has been playing the game during so much time would believe.

In my guild for example that people were very loyal gamers and since I know them they were always subbed, so now that the game isn't offering the content they want, they try not to leave it, but unsub as a protest to make the devs taking care for our suggestions and end this poor management that has been hurting the comunity so much once for all.

Sadly, having better games in the market and new ones coming too compared to the current state of the game, they consider that the cap on Prefered players is very oppresive, much more if we even consider how many time they were subbed for this game (most of the people I know in this situation are founders like me, but with this I'm talking for all the people that feels like me).

So the situation now is that they're massively moving to other games and I feel very sad seeing people that had so much fun with the game leaving it because of the people that should improve the game instead of killing it with bugs, broken events and lack of comunication.

Don't forget that without them having interest never more in the game, we're all losing.

If they CHOOSE to unsubscribe KNOWING what the credit caps are, then why should they expect to receive the benefits subscribers get?

Why would they even THINK that they deserve more when they are playing for FREE?

Playing for FREE is essentially leeching off the subscribers, IMO.

In the end, they are getting what they pay for.

Ah okay now that we have some content here I can speak my opinion. While I do think that f2ps and preferred should have restrictions like they do such as limited medical probes, etc., the credit restriction is one I actually do not agree with.

A lot of f2p are minors who have parents that will not allow them to buy a subscription or Cartel Coins so they lose out on a lot of the Cartel Market items that they may want but can't get because their parent's won't let them. Now this isn't their fault. We as a community here cannot control what their parents do but I think that removing the credit restriction is something that should be done. I don't see how it would hurt the game any to remove that because as I mentioned they are restricted in other areas where we as subscribers are not. We have an unlimited use of the Fleet pass, we have unlimited medical probs, we can get to lvl 65 where as f2ps or preferred cannot, we can post on the forum, etc. the list of restrictions on both is long and I think letting up on the credit restriction is a decent compromise especially with prices of Cartel Market items on the GTN, including currently available Cartel Market items which go over their restricted limit.

Now since EA cannot put a credit limit on the GTN then some type of compromise has to be made here. So getting rid of the credit limit is to me not a big deal when compared to all their other restrictions.

Edited by DarthEnrique

They want people to sub. You can do it by giving real perks to subs that make them feel they are receiving something genuinely exclusive and not just fluff, or by making f2p a miserable existence.

Obviously they chose the latter. Of course plenty of people can get the unlock through referrals so if they want they can make it an exclusive code that can only be bought online and applied through the code redemption, like a game time card.

...or you could make people /stay/ subs by stop being a lazy bunch and start fixing bugs known for months instead of trying to think of even worse ways to ripoff your customers.

...or you could make people /stay/ subs by stop being a lazy bunch and start fixing bugs known for months instead of trying to think of even worse ways to ripoff your customers.

This is very true too. I think if they actually put effort into fixing and developing the game properly then the game should be able to sell itself. Word of mouth is a powerful thing especially in gaming heck I started playing this game and SUBBED because of my best friend and also being a long time Star Wars fan.

we can post on the forum
You were on a roll until you cited forum as access as a benefit. I'm not convinced being able to participate here is truly beneficial. ;)

Actually, the OP's explanation of what drove him to start this thread makes me even more adamant to leave the cap alone. I have no interest in making life easier on anyone who cancels their subscription. If a few minors with draconian parents get ground under the wheels of SWTOR's restrictions for players who do not subscribe, so be it.

Yes EAs lack of communication, bug issues, etc. There does seem to be a lot of in-game issues that do not make subscribing a waste of money. Course I don't think choosing to unsubscribe is a great option, I do think that when it comes to it the problem is when posting issues on the forum you're gonna get people who are going to not going to agree with you like I have with the Revan Armor Sets where I feel that they should be posted on the Cartel Market by themselves for a limited time instead of a very rare drop in packs, there are those who have countermanded me and so EA wouldn't listen to me as a paying costumer. And this is where you get the problem.

So pretty much it comes down to either suck it up or keep making demands on the forum and not let up. That's really your only options when it comes to this game.

Edited by DarthEnrique

You were on a roll until you cited forum as access as a benefit. I'm not convinced being able to participate here is truly beneficial. ;)

Actually, the OP's explanation of what drove him to start this thread makes me even more adamant to leave the cap alone. I have no interest in making life easier on anyone who cancels their subscription. If a few minors with draconian parents get ground under the wheels of SWTOR's restrictions for players who do not subscribe, so be it.

Oh I agree being able to have forum access is not a great perk. LOL!

If you think the game is a rip-ff, why are you here?

Oh I agree being able to have forum access is not a great perk. LOL!

It's "great" enough for you to want to use it.

Edited by branmakmuffin

That maybe true but in no way means F2P should get restrictions lifted or eased up on.

The game will never get better with less money or more F2P players. It' struggles with the money it has now so I doubt it can handle less.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.