The Villains of SWTOR - Who's your favourite? Who's the disappointment?

Codedrago

Skavak is interesting because he's actually the longest lasting villain within the class stories based on how long it takes from meeting him to defeating him.

Gonna have to disagree on that statement. Spoilers for those who haven't finished the Inquisitor and Smuggler stories:

Inquisitors first hear mention of Thanaton relatively early in Chapter 1 and later meet him for the first time over holo near the end of the same chapter, though he doesn't make his intentions as the villain known until the start of Chapter 2. Still, considering his early presence in the story and this later campaign players must wage against him goes on until the end of Chapter 3, I'd say he is certainly the class villain with the largest amount of content in-game for players.

Skavak covers the prologue to the end of Chapter 1 for smugglers, so if we are counting overall content, Skavak as the main antagonist is close but not quite as long as Thanaton.

Edited by MortemXFive

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to disagree on that statement. Spoilers for those who haven't finished the Inquisitor and Smuggler stories:

Inquisitors first hear mention of Thanaton relatively early in Chapter 1 and later meet him for the first time over holo near the end of the same chapter, though he doesn't make his intentions as the villain known until the start of Chapter 2. Still, considering his early presence in the story and this later campaign players must wage against him goes on until the end of Chapter 3, I'd say he is certainly the class villain with the largest amount of content in-game for players.

Skavak covers the prologue to the end of Chapter 1 for smugglers, so if we are counting overall content, Skavak as the main antagonist is close but not quite as long as Thanaton.

Gonna have to disagree. Baras is the one who's there from the first planet you're on to the final fight on the same planet three chapters later.

Republic Taris, Heroic mission Fall of The Locust. - what a wimp.

He's supposed to be the ravager and ruthless scavenger of worlds.....And his defeat is so disappointing.

Funny how the amount of mask-covering-face or facial disfigurement has some correlation to the likability of the villain. Kilran, Baras, Revan, Malgus etc.

I liked the unfolding story with Bevera Dodonna too, What with her

being all haughty and friendly and then exposed, and ending up scrubbing floors for her betrayal.

I liked Skavak as a villain early on, but by the end of chapter 1, and several times over, he was just really annoying. Every time you catch up with him, It's a snidey convo and 'deus ex machina' escape, not a flurry of blaster bolts to the face.:(

Sakavak, (when you catch up with him) "why hello capt....."

Captain ( shooting form the hip) Pew pew pew PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW BLAM!

"Goodbye Skavak, - you ship-stealing scum!"

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Ardun Kothe was also a great villain -- nuanced, complicated, self-aware, genre-savvy...

I like him so much I almost didn't want to put him on this list. I keep forgetting he's technically your ACT 2 villain.

Edited by OrangeSamH

OK fine,I didn't word that correctly, but in terms of the amount of time he spends actively being your enemy, Skavak has 6 full planets.

Baras has 3. Thanaton and the Emperor have 5.

Actually, that depends on how you play your character. Your character can lable Baras as an enemy fro the near start and actually attempt to build a powerbase against him while undermining his own.

Ardun Kothe was also a great villain -- nuanced, complicated, self-aware, genre-savvy...

I like him so much I almost didn't want to put him on this list. I keep forgetting he's technically your ACT 2 villain.

So? The act they appear in doesn't matter, as long as they are a Villain worth mentioning...

Actually, that depends on how you play your character. Your character can lable Baras as an enemy fro the near start and actually attempt to build a powerbase against him while undermining his own.

True, from near start to finish of the warrior story you deal with Baras in one form or another. Though it is largely up to the player how long exactly he is your enemy. Whether or not you treat him like a rival the whole way through is a choice, as you said.

Admittedly, I held him a low regard much longer than I did Thanaton. Baras was a predictable villain imo, but still a pleasure to break in the end.

Edited by MortemXFive

True, from near start to finish of the warrior story you deal with Baras in one form or another. Though it is largely up to the player how long exactly he is your enemy. Whether or not you treat him like a rival the whole way through is a choice, as you said.

Admittedly, I held him a low regard much longer than I did Thanaton. Baras was a predictable villain imo, but still a pleasure to break in the end.

I think Baras is the guy who makes his intentions known, but really makes you wonder how he'll acheive them. Like I knew he was going to betray us from the start (Though point for him, he was slightly more subtle then Zash), but learning how he works did a wondrous job of telling you just what you're up against.

My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. […] My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."

―The Sith Emperor

By far my most favorite Villain in TOR Extended Universe. Vitiate may have not been the strongest Sith Lord, but he was by far the most powerful. He snapped his stepfathers neck with a thought when he was six, and tortured his mother feeding of her pain and agony until finally killing her. Eventually he came in contact with his biological father, who he broke his will driving him insane and killing him. At the age of 13 he ruled his own planet after killing his biological father and waited patiently for hundreds of years as the power struggles of the Sith ensued. Finally when the Sith had been defeated, he sprung his plan in to action by breaking the will of 8 thousand Sith lords and forcing them to participate in a 10 day Sith ritual that destroyed all of the life on his planet and he used the souls of the consumed life to fuel his immortality. Vitiate possessed many powers and was to me one of the most mysterious and interesting characters in TOR. He possessed many abilities and mastered force lightning, as well as being able to create illusions of himself so real that they could actually cause harm. Not only did Vitiate possess immense and complex abilities with the force, but he also possessed the power to rule and keep a powerful Empire together for Millennium and if he wanted to, could have conquered the entire Galaxy if it wasn't for Revan manipulating him in to the treaty of Coruscant. Even when Vitiate dies, he doesn't. He has multiple vessels in which he can transfer his essence in which he sort of is like an immortal being. So. . . was Vitiate the most powerful Sith that ever lived? Perhaps there were ones who defeated his mortal body and have struck him down, but in the end, Vitiate always wins.

My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. […] My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."

―The Sith Emperor

By far my most favorite Villain in TOR Extended Universe. Vitiate may have not been the strongest Sith Lord, but he was by far the most powerful. He snapped his stepfathers neck with a thought when he was six, and tortured his mother feeding of her pain and agony until finally killing her. Eventually he came in contact with his biological father, who he broke his will driving him insane and killing him. At the age of 13 he ruled his own planet after killing his biological father and waited patiently for hundreds of years as the power struggles of the Sith ensued. Finally when the Sith had been defeated, he sprung his plan in to action by breaking the will of 8 thousand Sith lords and forcing them to participate in a 10 day Sith ritual that destroyed all of the life on his planet and he used the souls of the consumed life to fuel his immortality. Vitiate possessed many powers and was to me one of the most mysterious and interesting characters in TOR. He possessed many abilities and mastered force lightning, as well as being able to create illusions of himself so real that they could actually cause harm. Not only did Vitiate possess immense and complex abilities with the force, but he also possessed the power to rule and keep a powerful Empire together for Millennium and if he wanted to, could have conquered the entire Galaxy if it wasn't for Revan manipulating him in to the treaty of Coruscant. Even when Vitiate dies, he doesn't. He has multiple vessels in which he can transfer his essence in which he sort of is like an immortal being. So. . . was Vitiate the most powerful Sith that ever lived? Perhaps there were ones who defeated his mortal body and have struck him down, but in the end, Vitiate always wins.

Really, the only good aspect of Vitiate's villainy is his power and at points he is given way to much. Aside from that.... he has nothing else to make him a good villain, so I'll have to disagree with you here.

Gonna have to disagree. Baras is the one who's there from the first planet you're on to the final fight on the same planet three chapters later.

When discussing long-in-story villains, don't forget the chief villain of the Trooper story.

Oh, sorry, almost forgot. Look in the box to see who I'm talking about.

General Garza, duh.

You meet her on your *second* planet and you aren't finally rid of her until Rishi, FFS!

I did think of nominating Governor-Chancellor Saresh, who's in your story at various moments from the beginning of Taris to just after Corellia, but Garza's villainy is more subtle, and endures until well after the class story is over. Anyway, Saresh has, in the Trooper story, just one real moment of villainy.

I'm only being very mildly facetious here. There's a really good case to be made for calling Garza a villain. For those who doubt that she's a villain, consider that she appears as a foe to fight in A Dream of Empire and the fight with the head Scion, and so far all the other apparitions of the past that I've seen in those fights (Trooper, SI, and Smuggler) are villains/adversaries. Ergo, Garza is a villain.

When discussing long-in-story villains, don't forget the chief villain of the Trooper story.

Oh, sorry, almost forgot. Look in the box to see who I'm talking about.

General Garza, duh.

You meet her on your *second* planet and you aren't finally rid of her until Rishi, FFS!

I did think of nominating Governor-Chancellor Saresh, who's in your story at various moments from the beginning of Taris to just after Corellia, but Garza's villainy is more subtle, and endures until well after the class story is over. Anyway, Saresh has, in the Trooper story, just one real moment of villainy.

I'm only being very mildly facetious here. There's a really good case to be made for calling Garza a villain. For those who doubt that she's a villain, consider that she appears as a foe to fight in A Dream of Empire and the fight with the head Scion, and so far all the other apparitions of the past that I've seen in those fights (Trooper, SI, and Smuggler) are villains/adversaries. Ergo, Garza is a villain.

Oh, yes....GARZA. That.... thing! I hated her by Rishi, all the way up to that point my Trooper defended her actions, but then after all the shiz she pulled. SHE MAKES ONE LAST BIG ****UP FOR THE ROAD! 200 Civilians dead and she only cares that she's going to get fired! Makes me kill people who only want to help the republic, just like me and were great big fans of Havoc squad as they beg me to end their lives. AND SHE DARES TO ASK IF I'LL DEFEND HER IN COURT!

DEATH TO GARZA! DEATH TO GARZA!

Edited by Codedrago

―The Sith Emperor

Indeed Tenebrae Is My Favorite Star Wars Villain,From All The Villains Of SWTOR That I Know The Most Disapointing In My Opinion Were The Dread Masters,They Could Have Been So Much More Than What They Were If They Had Better Reasons For Wanting To Dominate The Galaxy,They Were Basically Crazy People With Acess To Nuclear Power,I Really Dislike Their Character Designs And The Only One With Any Kind Of Thing That Makes Me Not Go"Yawn"Is Dread Master Raptus,The Weaver Of Nightmares,If They Had A Good Reason For Wanting To Dominate THe Galaxy They Would Have Been Perfect,And A Better Character Design Would Be Good As Well,They Looked Like Fancy Magicians From Las Vegas,Great Voice Acting Though,Specially Coming From Tyrans And Raptus.

Fav villians. Skaavik and Torrio blood. For the simple fact they either took away the thing you loved the most aka your ship, or killed your team and was too cowardly to take you on.

From the get go I was like "OK both these motherfrakkers need to DIE" And the epic kill, was killing Skaavik with a dirty kick.

Arcaan has been an interesting foe for my JK, Baras, he was alright. Disappointing? Voidwolf. He was just garbage. Herron Tavis was also disappointing.

Least favourite - Vitiate/Valkorion. 2 class stories (Warrior, Knight), SOR expansion, Ziost, KOTFE first 9 chapters and this character still doesn't seem to have a point, purpouse, motivation, agenda or anything that's worth thinking about. It's better presented in KOTFE for sure, but that doesn't change how little there is to him.

Least favourite - Vitiate/Valkorion. 2 class stories (Warrior, Knight), SOR expansion, Ziost, KOTFE first 9 chapters and this character still doesn't seem to have a point, purpouse, motivation, agenda or anything that's worth thinking about. It's better presented in KOTFE for sure, but that doesn't change how little there is to him.

Clearly You Haven't Played Attention To Tenebrae's Personality,The Man Really Has The God Complex,His Objective Is To Defy The Very Laws Of The Universe And Become A God At Whatever The Cost.