Looking for tips and tricks to help improve

Shwarzchild

Hey all,

I'm about a week in to attempting PvP for pretty much the first time in a serious way. I was directed to PvP as a helpful training method to improve upon my DPS play originally, and after really diving in last week I had a blast so I want to do everything I can to help improve myself. I'm playing a sharpshooter slinger.

What I know so far: My class is a "pressure" class/ healer killer. As such I'm setting up a bit at range and hitting healers, swapping off them to put pressure on other players as the need arises, then going back to healers. I've been pretty successful so far in that I've gone from (I know this is a bit arbitrary but it's the best tracking method I could come up with that would give what might be useable data) around 1.3k dps to about 2k with some matches up around 2.2 others around 1.8.

In terms of defensive usage when I'm lept to it's hunker down/ evasion/ diversion/ drop orbital strike on myself. If that doesn't get them off then pulse them away. If that's no good it's leg shot + roll. Against ranged, it's a bit of the same idea but not really with diversion and axe the fly by. I know a secondary "defensive" I guess if fits is to watch out for players who are alone and flash bang them to oblivion since melee/ dot spread won't hit them.

Even though, I still have plenty of problems with Juggs Mauraders, and Assasins. PTs I'm doing ok against. Juggs are sometimes really easy to deal with other times true pains. Mauraders with the cover leap ability is a true nightmare. Sins equally so with the stealth spikes. Operatives not so much. They're pesky but, they don't seem to do a ton of damage in short order to make me overly concerned outside.

So any information, or tips, on how people who play slingers/snipers can give me on how to handle certain classes would be greatly appreciated, and if there's any holes or incorrect understanding on my end I'd love to be corrected.

Well friend, every class has a counter. Your counter is melee with lots of dcds and being the focus target. Not much you can do. Juggernauts when specced rage have root every 12 secs and hit hard. You cannot survive their dmg. You have a few cds to use - dodge for 3 secs, root, and the bomb that lowers their accuracy. You cannot be lept to because of the cover passive. If they dont die while you rotate those skills you have nothing else in your sleeve agains them.

But you can use ppsitioning to your advantage on some maps. Take high ground and when they come for you first use dodge. After that push them down. Mind that juggs can be immune if thet leap at you. Then count to 6 and push them. On maps with no high ground just run away and dont fight them. Kite instead and they will lose the urge to kill you. In WZ if a jugger or marauder is chasing you instead of pressuring your team or nuking a healer then you are doing good! Juggs have to dotspred and their place is in the middle of the fight. Rage juggs should be focysing healer or a priority target. You are not one. So if you have their attention as a target dummy - you are helping your team as much as dpsing their healer. So go ahead and walk those bums all over the WZ. Dps is not the only thing that matters in a WZ game. Yes this is your job but don't waste this opportunity :) disposition those classes and ask for an assist for easy kill. All operatives will be glad to help. Same goes for your friendly assassins. And that is part of their job. Be a bait and spread their team. Just dont stand in one place. Truth to be told you cannot stop a jugger, mara or assassin with cooldowns ready. You can kill those who have their DCDs on cd.

Short answer: You cannot beat jugger, mara or assassin alone, but you can shut them down so they fail their job.

Jugger vengeance job is to be in the middle of big fight and dot spread.

Mara and rage jugg have to be glued to a healer or priority target (ap powertech or sorc)

Assassins should be on nodes or on a priority target.

If they are after you just kite them away. Root them to stare the big fight and roll to a nice position to conrinue your job. Repeat if needed. They will stop chasing you or they will fail their team.

Your job: Be as far as possible. Use your range. I would rather dps they tank who is in the frontline rather risk it to throw one ambush on their healer. Try that and you wont be tunneled by melee. You will be priority for operatives though :) pvp is fast pieced

njoy your class :)