BC Server First HM Revan

lmSlash

To give some background, Lordmird, in 3.0 Revan was the hardest boss in game, rivaled only by the Ancient Threat, if only because of the time and number of people it took for AT. The dps check was very high and was . . .is very mechanic heavy. The farthest anyone got on BC both imp and pubside was 4/5 in ToS before the server transfer cost reduction, at which point, the top PvE and PvP guilds left server, and PvE "progression" halted for the server. By the end of 3.0, guilds impside like <DMF>, <Synovian Empire>, and <DOMINATION> had cleared Revanite Commanders, idk about pubside but I assume <Paragons> got 4/5 as well, Revan was never killed while it was new content. Killing HM Revan, you get the title The Revanchist which was a marker that a person was the pinnacle of raiding. On Harby, Shadowlands, Red Eclipse, which are the big servers, the title, along with all the other HM/NiM titles, is pretty common. On BC? Not at all.

Now in 4.0, Revan is still very difficult, however, the dps check has been reduced. Also, now that the 50 and 55 operations are now scaled to lvl, as ToS and Ravagers were in 3.0, I believe its pretty much universally agreed among the NiM raiders that Revan isn't the hardest fight anymore, compared to the mechanics of NiM Kephess or the dps check of NiM Styrak.

Edited by TyberZanyn

To give some background, Lordmird, in 3.0 Revan was the hardest boss in game, rivaled only by the Ancient Threat, if only because of the time and number of people it took for AT. The dps check was very high and was . . .is very mechanic heavy. The farthest anyone got on BC both imp and pubside was 4/5 in ToS before the server transfer cost reduction, at which point, the top PvE and PvP guilds left server, and PvE "progression" halted for the server. By the end of 3.0, guilds impside like <DMF> and <Synovian Empire> had cleared Revanite Commanders, idk about pubside but I assume <Paragons> got 4/5 as well, Revan was never killed while it was new content. Killing HM Revan, you get the title The Revanchist which was a marker that a person was the pinnacle of raiding. On Harby, Shadowlands, Red Eclipse, which are the big servers, the title, along with all the other HM/NiM titles, is pretty common. On BC? Not at all.

Now in 4.0, Revan is still very difficult, however, the dps check has been reduced. Also, now that the 50 and 55 operations are now scaled to lvl, as ToS and Ravagers were in 3.0, I believe its pretty much universally agreed among the NiM raiders that Revan isn't the hardest fight anymore, compared to the mechanics of NiM Kephess or the dps check of NiM Styrak.

no wonder teachers like your essays

To give some background, Lordmird, in 3.0 Revan was the hardest boss in game, rivaled only by the Ancient Threat, if only because of the time and number of people it took for AT. The dps check was very high and was . . .is very mechanic heavy. The farthest anyone got on BC both imp and pubside was 4/5 in ToS before the server transfer cost reduction, at which point, the top PvE and PvP guilds left server, and PvE "progression" halted for the server. By the end of 3.0, guilds impside like <DMF> and <Synovian Empire> had cleared Revanite Commanders, idk about pubside but I assume <Paragons> got 4/5 as well, Revan was never killed while it was new content. Killing HM Revan, you get the title The Revanchist which was a marker that a person was the pinnacle of raiding. On Harby, Shadowlands, Red Eclipse, which are the big servers, the title, along with all the other HM/NiM titles, is pretty common. On BC? Not at all.

nerd.

Killing HM Revan, you get the title The Revanchist which was a marker that a person was the pinnacle of raiding.

Appendum: Revanchist prior to Game Update 3.2 (Which was approximately 4/28/2015) represented the pinnacle of raiding during the 3.0 content cycle. No serious raiders would argue post-3.2 kills as being the pinnacle of raiding. Just like they wouldn't argue in favor of Nightmare Brontes or Council kills without Nightmare Powered Buff. The fights are still impressively difficult for most players, but if you're speaking of the pinnacle of raiding, clearing nerfed content does NOT put you there

This legendary forum beatdown came a month after 3.2. Just to give a little "perspective"

I believe its pretty much universally agreed among the NiM raiders that Revan isn't the hardest fight anymore, compared to the mechanics of NiM Kephess or the dps check of NiM Styrak.

The hardest fight currently is, without question, Nightmare Brontes. It is very close to being as difficult as it was when it was Nightmare Powered. A much better measure of raiding ability than killing her after said buff was removed and definitely better than doing it in 3.0

It is surprising that there was a server in this game without a HM Revan kill up to this point. That says a lot

Edited by Avalauren

This legendary forum beatdown[/url] came a month after 3.2. Just to give a little "perspective"

I remember this. One of the best forum wars I've ever seen. Almost as delicious as GenChat.

It is surprising that there was a server in this game without a HM Revan kill up to this point. That says a lot

Yeah...that's BC for ya. Very clearly the pinnacle of skill and talent.

The hardest fight currently is, without question, Nightmare Brontes. It is very close to being as difficult as it was when it was Nightmare Powered. A much better measure of raiding ability than killing her after said buff was removed and definitely better than doing it in 3.0

Brontes is not a hard fight at all. like really? all it is is not making a stupid mistake other than that its easy af. i dont understand why people think its super uber hard.

Brontes is not a hard fight at all. like really? all it is is not making a stupid mistake other than that its easy af. i dont understand why people think its super uber hard.

You can say that about every boss in the game. Have you cleared it in 4.0? The burn phase is the fight. Always has been. Everyone knows what to do and when from farming it since the nightmare powered nerf. The RNG nature of the burn phase makes it tougher than the others. It's not super uber hard but it's definitely more difficult than any other current fight

The others don't really even compare

Edited by Avalauren

You understand...There's no proof of that, correct?

i guess

Though I would assume the server's raiding community would know if there's a group able to clear such things among them, even if that group doesn't post it on the forums themselves. Unless said group is going out of their way to not be detected which seems kind of a stretch

You can say that about every boss in the game. Have you cleared it in 4.0? The burn phase is the fight. Always has been. Everyone knows what to do and when from farming it since the nightmare powered nerf. The RNG nature of the burn phase makes it tougher than the others. It's not super uber hard but it's definitely more difficult than any other current fight

The others don't really even compare

yeah, post 4.0 and when NiM power was out. it wasnt that it was hard it was that people dont know how to take care of orbs. and i do agree all the other fights dont compare. also wanna join us on bc :p

Nobody's told me otherwise. I've had toons on BC since 1.0, and any group skilled enough to down 3.0 Revan had left the server, including my own.

Perhaps some groups of people don't believe clearing a HM is anything to brag about, and therefore is why you haven't been notified by every single player on this server whether they've cleared it or not.