Want to Spice Things Up a Bit - Need Assistance

Kalirs

Remember when the sound of the operative stuck you with his knife repeatedly in the old versions of SWTOR? (Still do a bit, huh?)

I wish to play a class that has annoying burst for solo PVP. I am looking between MM sniper, rage jugg, carnage mara, one of the PT disciplines, and possibly even more training with the knife lord himself/herself. If you are playing a "cheese" or "troll" class to annoy the enemy whilst putting them into the ground, I wish to hear about it to make it my own

(Note: I last played around the release of strongholds and played a bit in SoR. If I may appear to not be savvy in the new patch, this is why.)

Well, operative is the ultimate troll class because it is hard to kill, but Concealment Op doesn't really have great burst. Carnage Mara does have awesome burst, but is hard to play well. AP PT has awesome burst and is easy to play. Fury Mara has good burst and is fairly easy to play. Deception Assassin has OK burst damage, great crowd control, medium difficulty I would say. MM sniper has one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game (Ambush) - might actually be THE hardest hitting, but is difficult to play well.

Of course, nowadays the current fad is to play tank spec Juggernaut in DPS gear (use shield offhand, everything else DPS set). You will do almost as much damage as a DPS spec, but you will be very hard to kill because you will have an almost 50% damage reduction, great DCDs. The traditional tank stats (shield, absorb, defense) aren't really that effective in pvp, anyway. Many pvp tanks stack endurance heavy DPS mods and get over 80k health, but that's different from the DPS gear tank that I was talking about.

Are you going to be exclusively solo q'ing- or will you have a group to q with?

If you have a group then anything will work but if you are totally solo then some work better than others

The op is taylor made for trolling; if you seek to annoy then go with this- hard to kill and pin down these bastards roll ang giggle their way to top spot on the annoyance ladder

Sins/shadows are another lone-wolf class but not necessarily "trolly"

The madness sorc is a solo q'rs dream class- "trolly" in the sense that you can face tank and can turn the tide in many pug groups; your dot spread with strong off healing make this class a sort of "field general" where you can definitely impact the game

Also- in 10-64 - a sniper can have it's fair share of trolly by putting out insane damage and being tough to get to for most classes early on

Are you going to be exclusively solo q'ing- or will you have a group to q with?

If you have a group then anything will work but if you are totally solo then some work better than others

The op is taylor made for trolling; if you seek to annoy then go with this- hard to kill and pin down these bastards roll ang giggle their way to top spot on the annoyance ladder

Sins/shadows are another lone-wolf class but not necessarily "trolly"

The madness sorc is a solo q'rs dream class- "trolly" in the sense that you can face tank and can turn the tide in many pug groups; your dot spread with strong off healing make this class a sort of "field general" where you can definitely impact the game

Also- in 10-64 - a sniper can have it's fair share of trolly by putting out insane damage and being tough to get to for most classes early on

I plan to be mostly solo q, until I gain enough personal skill with desired classes :rolleyes:

-So with an op, I know their burst got cut down massively, but is the damage still a level where they are fun to play regardless or should I wait a few more patches until they give him some love?

-With madness sorc, how does he chalk up to when he is alone or facing minimal enemies?

-I have a sniper, but was never sure how he would work out if focused.

My goal is to play a role of guarding nodes or taking out lone players guarding their nodes. I may go to other planets to annoy the few pubs as well. Overall, this is why I am looking for an annoying solo class. Not only because I won't have a group over half the time, but because I generally like playing a role as the assassin (not necessarily the sith assassin).

I plan to be mostly solo q, until I gain enough personal skill with desired classes :rolleyes:

-So with an op, I know their burst got cut down massively, but is the damage still a level where they are fun to play regardless or should I wait a few more patches until they give him some love?

-With madness sorc, how does he chalk up to when he is alone or facing minimal enemies?

-I have a sniper, but was never sure how he would work out if focused.

My goal is to play a role of guarding nodes or taking out lone players guarding their nodes. I may go to other planets to annoy the few pubs as well. Overall, this is why I am looking for an annoying solo class. Not only because I won't have a group over half the time, but because I generally like playing a role as the assassin (not necessarily the sith assassin).

i havent played my op's much in 4.0 and yes, their damage/surge has been nerfed and in some ways this makes them even trollier as those knife and punching sounds and laughs just keep coming- instead of being knocked out by a heavyweight it's like a featherweight just constantly peppering; op's are still a nightmare 1v1 esp in fights on nodes when the main battle is away somewhere else- this is their forte

other than the stealthers the madness sorc is totally self sufficient; good in 1v1 (except versus those op's who cleanse the dots); good node guards; basically- a jack of all trades

whenever i log on my lowbies it is the snipers who run the show

there tends to be at least a couple of them and most pug groups fail to focus them for whatever reason

for node work- defending, assaulting, delaying- the op is one of the best; throw in the bonus of being one of the better huttball carriers just adds to the trollolrofl factor of this class imo

Edited by Daxy

I'd like to add that for pure trolling, you might wanna check out plasmatech/pyrotech. Root with shockstrike, slow with ion pulse, and the ever annoying immolate, not to mention you're unshakeable and adrenal rush is actually useful for you.

You're not gonna top the DPS charts probably, but you won't do that as an op either, and it sure is fun watching people run around with their head burning.

You're not gonna top the DPS charts probably, but you won't do that as an op either, and it sure is fun watching people run around with their head burning.

I suppose if the DPS is still somewhat there, that is a consideration, but the Easytech as AP sounds more...profittable ;) It would have to depend also on the level of annoyance the flames actually bring to other players, as many can agree the knives (w/ chuckles) and now supposedly the madness sorc with healing + DoTs are the big considerations. Perhaps I am writing off the AP and PT powertech too soon, but that is only because of bad past experiences with them.

But if you really want to enrage people...play a sorc healer. ;)

IMO the most annoying, dominating class in regs is either maraduers or juggs. When these two classes are played exceptionally well they are pretty intimidating. Ironically both of these classes can make life of a sorc healer hell.

If you REALLY want to "spice things up" - then please go to the underdog called "Republic! ! :D On an imp-heavy server ! :D

Any server in mind? :rolleyes: I frequent the Jung Ma due to RP-PVP, but am looking for a more heavily-trafficked server. (I would rather it be PVP for the open world, but if PVE servers mean more players then so be it.)

Well, most people play Harbinger these days ? But I'm not really sure about the faction balance there. Sometimes it's just awful, and on other times it's not that bad ... As far as I've read here there are servers with more pressing faction inbalance problems out there. Just browse through this forum with the discussion title keyword "pub" ...

IMO the most annoying, dominating class in regs is either maraduers or juggs. When these two classes are played exceptionally well they are pretty intimidating. Ironically both of these classes can make life of a sorc healer hell.

I agree. Actually see some awe-inspiring DPS on these classes. Also, ironically, because the FOTM is rumored to be sorc, and so many people opt for an easier ranged classes to play, a true melee just cuts through the squishy, running away crowd like a knife through butter. Never before I felt so bad about not managing a true melee. Because you have to be really good on those to lay waste. If you are, you will have the most fun time in current meta in the regs.

No hiding, no choosing targets too too much, just a relentless onslaught in full sight and full glory. Awesome players are awesome, but those two ACs are also showy as all hells. Heh, were I the kind of a great player that jumps any AC and rock'n'rolls, I'd be running my Guardian.

Edited by DomiSotto

That's not a bad thing, Alrick. As someone who plays ranged that can boil the face off anything when not focused, I want 2-3 strong front-line melee on my team crashing the ranged cluster-f***s on their side. I want the sorcs to have to worry about the big dooode falling out of the sky on their head instead of multiple-chain-lightening at peace between stifling their yawns. Edited by DomiSotto