[Spoilers] Kill off the useless/annoying companions.

JasonThDi

I played through every single class story there was, more specifically the Sith Warrior. One of the companions betray you, but yet even as a Warrior who loves to kill, you are never given the option to kill him/her which I find to be quite annoying.

Therefore, I propose we be given the option to kill off companions we really don't care about/hate for any given class. In the beginning, we need all the companions because at the time we couldn't change their role. Now that we can, we should be given the option to kill any companion we want throughout the story line or just anywhere.

Back in Beta, I don't know remember if it was after beta too, you were able to kill your companions. I don't really know why they took it out. Especially on aliens who talk too much it is.. very useful.

/signed

It was taken out because the companion people most wanted to kill was the healer companion for a class that was not able to spec into a healing role, leaving the only "healing" option as the ship droid - and at that time, the ship droid was pretty damned useless as a healer. So people who had killed this companion without thinking about the consequences, were basically scr*cough*ewed.

Now, though, I agree it would be a logical thing for the devs to allow. After all, if someone in that position behaved in the way that they did, toward the person they did it to, that would often result in execution rather than the "slap on the wrist, and don't do it again you naughty boy" responses that you can choose from.

This is a bad idea just for the fact that there are enough mouth breathers out there that even if they added in 50 "Are you extra positivly sure you want to kill this companion?" confirmation popups, they would get a bunch of

"WHAAAAAAAAAAA I ACCIDENTLY KILLED OFF THIS COMPANION GIVE IT BACK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!"

Posts/complaints to deal with they dont want to have to deal with.

Deny all you want, but there have already been multiple complaints from people who started KOTFE and "missed out on unfinished class/companion content" even though it has 3 separate warnings saying you would lose access to unfinished class/companion content if you start KOTFE.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

This is a bad idea just for the fact that there are enough mouth breathers out there that even if they added in 50 "Are you extra positivly sure you want to kill this companion?" confirmation popups, they would get a bunch of

"WHAAAAAAAAAAA I ACCIDENTLY KILLED OFF THIS COMPANION GIVE IT BACK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!"

Posts/complaints to deal with they dont want to have to deal with.

Deny all you want, but there have already been multiple complaints from people who started KOTFE and "missed out on unfinished class/companion content" even though it has 3 separate warnings saying you would lose access to unfinished class/companion content if you start KOTFE.

You should be able to kick out companions you don't like, but in KOTFE one of your companions is arbitrarily killed by story....that shouldn't happen, even less if there was advertisement saying you got that companion for subscribing.

For example I would kick out Rusk and Koth if I could.

The companion stories were pretty strong storytelling from the original game, unfortunately the mechanics associated with the companions was dreadful. Not having any choice on the role of companion or whether you wanted them along for the ride really highlighted you were a passenger in Biowares story rather than having any of your own input.

Thankfully, KotFE and 4.0 seems to be rectifying some of those earlier choices. Give companions any role and choose to have who you want from a wider host of characters, not all of whom are stashed aboard your ship.

Hoping that some of the characters open up 'meaningful' choices.

Although I have grown rather fond of my work around. The rakghoul customisation option and a cyborg body.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.