Was skepical about playing a female Trueblood sith.....

EliteSeraph

In the past, every time I tried to make a female sith warrior I could never seem to get past character creation. I kept messing with settings, but wasn't ever satisfied with how any of the different faces looked. They always looked either half started or overly masculine.

But now, having come back from a six month break from the game, I've been going through and finishing off all the different story lines to chapter 3. I did a neutral Imperial Agent(zabrak), a full light Sith Sorc(twilek), and a mostly light side Bounty Hunter(chiss). They're all female, with no romancing going on because it just didn't feel like it fit any of the characters with the way the voice actors portrayed the choices I made over the playthrough. In each case it really felt like the voices really fit the appearance and the actions(except for the BH which seemed like it might have been intended for a human instead of one of the aliens).

So now I'm back to the final imperial story: the sith warrior. I tried a light side cyborg female up til Tatooine, but it just didn't feel like the character made sense. The voice didn't fit the face or the actions.

So I decided to give the True Blood another shot, and for some reason it seems to be working this time. Full darkside using a mix of arrogance, cruelty, and a twisted sense of honor. I picked a face with a more severe look to it instead of trying for classic beauty(since that's not really a thing that the sith faces can do). I'll edit pics into the post after work.

I'm not even really sure what my point is here, other than how I wanted to share my surprise at how well the combination worked out, despite my misgivings. I've always been more of a good guy/paragon/light side when it comes to role-playing decisions in games like these. But when I forced(excuse the pun) myself to go with the dark path, it fit the character so well that I didn't mind.

Of you haven't already done it, give the darkside female sith warrior a try. Like me, you might end up enjoying it more than you expected.

EDIT: Two different styles:

http://i.imgur.com/0AGKeXF.png

http://i.imgur.com/0K07L2o.png

Edited by EliteSeraph

Thats pretty much what I did.

I went with the most massassi looking head type and a pulled back hair style for my female pureblood sw. I was quite happy with the way she looked in the game. The biggest problem I had was with the frightful cosmetics selection.

I generally try to accentuate species differences than make look human.

Thats pretty much what I did.

I went with the most massassi looking head type and a pulled back hair style for my female pureblood sw. I was quite happy with the way she looked in the game. The biggest problem I had was with the frightful cosmetics selection.

I generally try to accentuate species differences than make look human.

I noticed the cosmetic options were atrocious, too. I think maybe the sith could have benefited from more jewelry options or tattoos or something.

I just got my dark side sith warrior human female to 65 and I have to agree that it seems like the sith warrior class was just meant to be played by a dark side pureblood. Male or female but definitely dark side and sith pureblood.

The light side options really do seem to be at odds with the overall story and feel of the character. I think, however, you could do a playthrough as a sith who respects strength and the superiority of the sith, but not to the excessive extent of relishing bloodshed. Having a code of honor where you don't kill needlessly, respect defeated foes for having the courage to face you, etc.

That could eventually lead to a full light side sith warrior, but I think it's definitely not the intended path of the writing.

Of you haven't already done it, give the darkside female sith warrior a try. Like me, you might end up enjoying it more than you expected.

Nice to see others appreciating darkside pureblood females. Mine (SW) has been my main character ever since after the first pvp revamp. SW story is just so cool and purebloods look the part.

Unfortunately I recently unsubbed from the site where I used to host most of my images, so I can't put up any up-to-date images of the current look. Have to settle for photobucket and its shrunken images. Note: I never tried to make my pureblood female look 'hot' or 'cute' or 'classical beauty' in the standard fashion, but rather a strong female character that you can believe to be a warrior. without being overly masculine or comical. Oh and I regularly set the mood to "annoyed" to get that furrowed brow-look.

Obviously I was inspired a lot by Exal Kressh from the Blood of the empire graphic novel.

edit: only one thing that obviously doesnt work with purebloods.... darkside corruption. It MUSt be switched off for obvious reasons :D

Edited by Karkais