Bioware please bring back the Stronghold Decoration Cartel packs!

Odyseus

At the current moment many of the decorations I want are in the Cartel Packs that are no longer being sold. Trying to acquire decorations through PVE is tough because everyone rolls on the decorations. Now I see crates of Stronghold packs going for 45 million a pop on the GTN. This is absurd. There's too many hooks to fill with such little access to the vast amount of decorations this game offers. Edited by Odyseus
Wrong title

I wish they would:

1. Add more hooks to Yavin Stronghold, scattered about the entire stronghold. Especially in the wooded areas. That place is really difficult to decorate.

2. Add a few more scattered hooks in the sandy areas on Tatooine that aren't bunched up under canopys.

3. Put more focus on decorations in the Cartel Packs. Leave about 50-60% of the crappy bronze level armor sets that no one uses out of the boxes, and increase the decorations for strongholds correspondingly.

4. Possibly do random reruns of previously released decorations through current boxes, as a random "secret prize" from the boxes.

5. Tag along with the girlfriend and I as we play through the game, so they can hear us everytime we see something cool and say "I wish that was a decoration!" (Bring a notepad guys, and take lots of screenshots, unless of course screenshots crash the game for you, like it does for me, then just take notes!) :D

The community decides. The "new" Strategic Packs obviously are a cheap, below the belt blow to the community, effectively trying to rip people off by charging them for an item that has a 99% chance to drop terrible items with bronze and silber mixed together with gold.

The community now decides whether Gold packs will return or not. If the community really wanted to get them back, most people should immediately stop buying anything on the CM. If people keep buying the new packs, then yeah, you deserve getting screwed over ten times.

Vote with your wallet.

Ridiculous that I'm sitting here now trying to furnish my second Stronghold and it's damn near impossible to do it an a diverse manner. Example, I'm trying to get some tree's for my Balcony and guess what, the only tree's I can get are the Rishi Palm tree and the Meat tree. Went to the GTN and saw that the Yavin Tree plots are going for 3 million each. It makes no sense that they would stop selling Decorations packs.

The community decides. The "new" Strategic Packs obviously are a cheap, below the belt blow to the community, effectively trying to rip people off by charging them for an item that has a 99% chance to drop terrible items with bronze and silber mixed together with gold.

The community now decides whether Gold packs will return or not. If the community really wanted to get them back, most people should immediately stop buying anything on the CM. If people keep buying the new packs, then yeah, you deserve getting screwed over ten times.

Vote with your wallet.

I've done that actually. I'm not paying $10 for a single gold random decoration. That's completely insane. When they were selling the decorations packs I would spend on average $50 dollars a month on packs alone. Now It's like they don't even want my money. How frigging moronic of them.

Edited by Odyseus

Ridiculous that I'm sitting here now trying to furnish my second Stronghold and it's damn near impossible to do it an a diverse manner. Example, I'm trying to get some tree's for my Balcony and guess what, the only tree's I can get are the Rishi Palm tree and the Meat tree. Went to the GTN and saw that the Yavin Tree plots are going for 3 million each. It makes no sense that they would stop selling Decorations packs.

As I've said several times now; Bioware is ruining Strongholds for new players. It'll be incredibly demotivating to find out that once you get your SH, you can barely decorate it because everything costs an arm and leg to buy.

Yet they are completely blind to this in their ridiculous greed. :(

As I've said several times now; Bioware is ruining Strongholds for new players. It'll be incredibly demotivating to find out that once you get your SH, you can barely decorate it because everything costs an arm and leg to buy.

Yet they are completely blind to this in their ridiculous greed. :(

Exactly. Lucky for me I've bought a ton of decorations when they were actually accessible. However If I were a new player there's no way in heck would I be motivated to decorate my stronghold when there's so few of them that are currently attainable. And it's actually sad that strongholds have been out for over a year and they still haven't added any decorations to the prefab vendors. That's just an epic fail at every conceivable level.

Edited by Odyseus

Exactly. Lucky for me I've bought a ton of decorations when they were actually accessible. However If I were a new player there's no way in heck would I be motivated to decorate my stronghold when there's so few of them that are currently attainable. And it's actually sad that strongholds have been out for over a year and they still haven't added any decorations to the prefab vendors. That's just an epic fail at every conceivable level.

Maybe not to the prefab vendors, but in all fairness... they did add a bunch of them to other vendors. There's a new vendor in the Crewskills area that sells all kinds of stuff for data crystals, the Star Fortresses also give a bunch of decorations, both in drops and through achievements... and that's not even counting all the event stuff like the BBA, so they -are- actually adding them.

It would just be nice to have a way to get the older, pack stuff more easily. If they left the BSG deco packs around, I'd be perfectly happy with that, since it'd lower the GTN prices to something that's not ridiculous. (for the most part)