Why so many fat people as main characters in swtor?

maximusedward

I have yet to see someone fat in any of the Star Wars movies aside for the hutts and that one xwing pilot., so why so many fat jedi, fat troopers, fat bounty hunters, ect... as bosses or main characters plaguing the SWTOR's universe?

And where are the fat female characters?

Edited by maximusedward

I have yet to see someone fat in any of the Star Wars movies aside for the hutts and that one xwing pilot., so why so many fat jedi, fat troopers, fat bounty hunters, ect... as bosses or main characters plaguing the SWTOR's universe?

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Master Yoda.

This quote at least explains force sensitives. It doesn't explain non-force sensitives.

Edited by Rhyltran

Passions fuel the Sith, clearly the male Sith Lords and Darths have impulse control issues when it comes to fatty foods and sweets. Not all passions are about anger. Sometimes they give in to gluttony!

Darth Baras is all about cookies and cake.

Edited by MongooseRaider

they're not nesscarily fat, make a B4 male and take their clothes off, they're stocky but actually pretty buff.

Kind like the Kingpin from marvel comics

This is true but from a RP perspective if someone is rich, powerful and lets say bored eating luxurious rich foods yeah you're gonna gain some weight.

There aren't any, because the devs obviously didn't want to see fat woman ***** in their game.

For female characters, Body 4 is a more voluptuous version of bodies 1 and 2 with bigger bust, wider hips, bigger bum & thighs and a slightly rounder face.

Body Type 3 for women looks more like the "in between 2 & 3" for males that I've seen on so many idle NPCs throughout the game

Going off on a tangent here but I still laugh that one of the lower level upper body medium armours, Aspiring Knight chest piece from Synthweaving, on women has an exposed midriff that the male version doesn't have.

Going off on a tangent here but I still laugh that one of the lower level upper body medium armours, Aspiring Knight chest piece from Synthweaving, on women has an exposed midriff that the male version doesn't have.

there where a number of older armor patterns like that at launch, and it's a common MMO trope (something WoW is apparently really bad for) they've moved away from this over the years though

Make a fat twi'lek in their culture that is a sign of wealth and the female are really attracted to fat ones.

That being said yes those are muscles on body type 4 with fat over it like the kingpin. That dude was a human at the top of his physical prowess basically as strong as a normal human can get. He could even overpower Spider Man sorta of depends.

• 1 month later...
Now that you mentioned it I noticed all of the plumper body types seem to be silver or gold bordered characters; as if the extra layers gives them more endurance to attacks. LOL

Well.. here's something to consider. Size doesn't matter when it comes to the force. We know the force can make a force user move in blurs or even so quickly they become invisible to the naked eye. What does this mean? Imagine someone the "Size" of Baras slamming into you with the speed of a bullet.

Suddenly Darth "I ate all the cookies" Baras isn't so funny anymore.

Edited by Rhyltran

There is at least one character that is obese in the Star Wars films. His character name even seems to be a reference to his girth.

Porkins.

The reason why there are fat characters in the game is because obese gamers demanded it. Once those options got put into the CC, it was guaranteed that some NPCs would be obese as well, since most are created in the CC.

It is one of those things that shouldn't have happened, and Bioware should have ignored the request. Fat military officers or Jedi/Sith, except for maybe the occasional decadent Dark Council member (Baras), don't really make much sense at all.

I don't really care about there being fat characters, it's just Darth Baras that bothers me. I'm sorry, but obese people just aren't intimidating. Every time Baras got mad at something I said in game, I just laughed.

Go stand in front of your mirror and say "BIGGIE SMALLS" three times and see what happens. Bet your intimidated.

I don't have problem with it. My main character is body type 4 or as you call it "fat". Star Wars universe is diverse. Do you really think that in Star Wars universe "fat" people do not exist? It is not all about "skinnywithbigboobie" people.

That or you are just plain jelaous because of Body type 4 master race always in highest places and positions.

... The game has fat characters because this is a game that takes place on dozens of planets with hundreds of thousands of random people who your characters come across. It would be weird as hell to NOT see fat characters. Hell, even in real life, I've seen military officers of all shapes and sizes, and many of these are just big not fat.

I don't really care about there being fat characters, it's just Darth Baras that bothers me. I'm sorry, but obese people just aren't intimidating. Every time Baras got mad at something I said in game, I just laughed.

To me, Baras is The Kingpin of STWOR in both size and personality (master manipulator)

I don't have problem with it. My main character is body type 4 or as you call it "fat". Star Wars universe is diverse. Do you really think that in Star Wars universe "fat" people do not exist?

The think the point the original poster was making is that there are no (I'll be nice here) large women in this game, only men.

The think the point the original poster was making is that there are no (I'll be nice here) large women in this game, only men.

There were many topics about not being able to create large women in this game at launch. Lets just leave at that and say that swtor is no more different that what you come to expect from Hollywood or the media. On male side you have every character in this game being tall. It's a two way street for both genders.