I hate playing Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior

ffsnonamesleft

I have. level 32 now jedi sentinel and hating every minute of it.

I just finished my sentinel and loved it. It was a problem before 4.0 as I didn't get my healer until I got to Balmorra but now it makes it a bit easier since any companion can be a healer. This class takes a bit to master but it can be done but if this is your first class then I can see where it can be a problem but it is a very fun class. I especially love my twin saber throw.

Take your time and figure out which skills work the best for you and you will get it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I keep trying to play Sith Warrior / Jedi Knight, but I always end up frustrated at the class too. However, the highest level I ever got on one was about 20-30ish.

One of the things I really-really hate about the class is how the resource generation works. I get the concept, and the concept works. However, I find it wholly annoying to have 2-3 extra abilities that generate resources, but with a cooldown. Maybe EA could condense those abilities into a single resource generator without a cooldown.

The whole concept of having a wide array of generators seems stupid to me. Generators are just fluff abilities you use until you have the resources to cast fancier, better abilities. There's no need for generators to occupy 3+ slots on anyone's action bars.

Maybe I just played World of Warcraft too much, and having mained a warrior has skewed my idea on what a good rage building/rage dumping class should be. The Swtor warrior/knight feels good most of the time, but just has too many abilities that make it extra clunky

I can only really use about 8 different abilities while playing a highly-mobile class, and when half of those slots are taken up by resource builders, another by the leap/charge, and another for the spell interrupt. It leaves very little for actual resource dump spells--let alone any kind of AoE.

The worst part is, if I manually take out some of those rage builders it just makes the class feel like **** to play. So it's lose/lose. That's why I stick to Jedi Shadow. I just feel frustrated, because the Jedi Knight "looks" cool, but a pain in the *** to play at its full potential.

• 1 month later...

As above post states, Vengeance is super smooth. Easiest rotation out of all saber-wielding classes.

And Marauder... Yeah, it's hard for most folks, I guess. Even though I enjoy marauder the most out of all and after playing it for more than a year it's uber easy to me. In terms of animations, I don't know what looks more fluid than marauder...

And being weak and ineffective? Please. Juggernaut survives longer than any other class in the game (if you don't account actual healing abilities). And marauder has probably the best damage mitigation out of all dps classes. Get him a healer and mara will never die. (if you want to survive forever without a healing companion, you want too much, OP. Why not kill everything on the screen with one button then? Let's add that, may be then you'll be able to play jedi knights well. I mean, seriously, l2p.)

Edited by Equeliber

thats why you see many knights/warrior with speed hacking :)

bummer i didt video it but i saw many jugg hit so insane fast thats impossible to do it

any he only use his normal atack but his swing was upper fast so he kill allot of players in no time

so yea a jugg with tank spec in dps gear and speed hacking make you a killer

most you see are nr1 in many kills and damage

I started levelling my Jedi again ... Any time I see that "blade dance" ( or how it is called nowadays ) animation, it's very hard for me to not get angry and be patient. I mean - WHY DOES HE DO THAT LONG; LONG; LONG LONG PAUSE IN THAT ANIMATION ???????

He is simply giving his opponent far too much time to do damage meanwhile this ridiculously long (with pause !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! animatiion ...

I BET the imperial mirror classes have an super-smooth, so-much-better-looking equivalent of this animation, grrr ...

SWTOR is an Empire side game, after all ... I should be quiet and stop complain and be glad that there is a Jedi class in it after all ...

( And no, I don't play imperial classes. I just don't want to. )

I started levelling my Jedi again ... Any time I see that "blade dance" ( or how it is called nowadays ) animation, it's very hard for me to not get angry and be patient. I mean - WHY DOES HE DO THAT LONG; LONG; LONG LONG PAUSE IN THAT ANIMATION ???????

He is simply giving his opponent far too much time to do damage meanwhile this ridiculously long (with pause !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! animatiion ...

I BET the imperial mirror classes have an super-smooth, so-much-better-looking equivalent of this animation, grrr ...

SWTOR is an Empire side game, after all ... I should be quiet and stop complain and be glad that there is a Jedi class in it after all ...

Ravage isn't much better for Jugs.

I have a mara (and sent) with Alacrity so the Ravage/Blade Dance animation goes by much faster, especially if you know when to clip it and continue dpsing.

• 2 weeks later...
To each his own, I guess. I main a guardian tank and truly love the class. Of course I was biased in favor of guardians before the game even came out (my favorite star wars character is obi wan kenobi). Fundamentally though, play what you enjoy playing. For me it's tanks and healers.

Honestly, the game could use some animation overhaul in general when it comes down to saber moves. Not everything's bad though, but so many could be improved. (Blade Dance being one of them).

Juggernauts' Impale, ugh... I don't think it could have been silliest.

And don't start me Shadows'/Assassins' moves in general...