The login service is unavailable

tarken_

Im indeed having the same problem here... i play mainly on the progenitor but do have a few chars at West coast and east coast servers aswell... i live in norway and my internett and pc is great etc (u know the basic stuff)

first time this happend was yesterday when i left the game open while browsing the web for maybe 30-60min

as i expected when i got back to the game it kicked me out the server select due to inactivety but when i hit log in (on prog server) it frooze and i had to alt f4 it... happend before no big deal, so i open launcher and log in etc and hit play again... this time though the loading screen loaded me into infinety (and possebly beyond) so i restarted multiple times reset internet router, the usual stuff... after leaving it to load for maybe 20+ more min while browsing the web again i went back in to check for progress and found myself in char screen :D .........................

BUTT! one day later at about same time as yesterday (wich is about 10 in the evning) my internett went down due to the delliverer error thing but came back after a few hours so i started swtor as normal BUTT this time i got stuck on the launcher login screen saying: the login service is unavailable check forums (etc) so i again start it again etc like whit the infinite loading yesterday whit no resault... then after reseting routers updating drivers and logining in internetts i finaly got past the login and to the lovly sight of the play button... ofc i hit it, happy that i got to play BUTT! i get greeted whit a nice infinety screen again... as i knew restarting stuff wont help i just waited, whit no luck :C so i tried like yesterday to close and restart but this time i got stuck at the launcher login again whit same message about login service not beeing avaliable ... and here i am, present day writing this on the first forum/bug report i saw in forums>General disccusions>bug reports ...

to give some more info my internett is WIFI im playing on both west and east coast servers in US whit never higher than 120-140 ping and no lag/delay at all. my last loged on server is progenitor wich is my main server. i as said live in norway most south part... and are using the normal wondows defender that comes whit win 8.1 and i used it for a long time now whit no trubble whatsoever (as i HATE win 10 dont ask why) the issue whit loading screen seemed to resolve itself automaticly yesterday the first time it happend (about 10 in the evning same as when the login etc happend today about 9:30) i played for hours today befor i lost internett whit abselutly no prob at all ...

and u guessed it im on win 8.1...

as i mentioned, both times yesterday and today the bug or whatever happend at about 10 in the evning and i got to play about 11 or 12 (not played yet afterwards today though)

the problem seems to be server/server connection related as its not my client (seeing these others whit same prob confirms my suspicions) seeing it happends at same time periods id say its related to maybe server overpopulation slowness bad connection.. that sorta thing... so if any devs etc see this i hope it helps resolve the problem if u havn't already, and that the game will run fine afterwards.

so could the problem be time related? are the servers simply malfunctioning or overloading? is it depending on the client? is it becuase where u live? (just some questions that may help find the problem if u not found it already ofc, just thinking out loud here)

otherwise i played the game for a long time and done ALOT in it and used alot of time and effort and real life money etc so id be happy to see it get fixed soon. (as always i got faith in u devs :) )

and thats about everything i could think off... im also using nvedia screen card and logitech proccesor if it helps...

otherwise great game great dlc-s keep it up BW :D