The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

GSF needs love

Greezt

There is no point in spending effort on GSF at this point. The rollout was pretty bad and as soon as small niches of players got really, really good and maxed out their ships, it made sure that no one would play it unless they were part of that niche group. Most who were interested have moved on.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody,

i love GSF too, but we need CROSS SERVER PvP!

Hopefully they will implant this!

That'd kinda do good for every multiplayer bit of this MMO. I guess it isn't in the cards though.

I wonder if they have plans to pull off some weird cross-faction implementation of queue-pool though. I heard ground PvP is getting some of that soon.

Tbh, it feels like GSF is faction balanced, at least on the Harbinger. I'd welcome cross-faction to any forms of group content however, as it helps with the odds and ends, and the GSF has no fallback 4x4 format.

Do you guys even notice which Faction you are on and up against in the GSF? It barely even register for me, tbh.

Edited by DomiSotto

Tbh, it feels like GSF is faction balanced, at least on the Harbinger. I'd welcome cross-faction to any forms of group content however, as it helps with the odds and ends, and the GSF has no fallback 4x4 format.

Do you guys even notice which Faction you are on and up against in the GSF? It barely even register for me, tbh.

At least Proge EU is pretty bi-faction-curious, generally speaking. Huge majority of people into GSF do both factions happily enough. I'm pretty sure there generally speaking isn't similar lopsided wasteland in terms of overall faction balance, as you usually find with casual ground pvp. Matchmaker and pops would appreciate one huge pile of people to sort in matches though.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread because now that KotFE Season 1 nears its end, it might be a good time for BW to tell us what they have in store for us for the rest of the year... and I still strongly believe GSF deserves more love!

New ship types might be too much work because of balancing, but a new map or gameplay mode? That I'd really love to see!

C'mon, Bioware. Don't forget your pilots! :p

A year-old dev post with lots of sensible suggestions, but no follow-up. - Why am I not surprised?

Don't get me wrong, I love GSF - and try to play several matches a day -usually with a close-knit group of friends- but something tells me this is a long wait for a train that don't come.